New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Magic, Ritual, and Witchcraft. Volume 3, Number 1. Summer 2008 (New)
by Penn Press Journals
Publisher: Univ of Penn Journals
Book ID: MRW3.1, MRW3.1
- The Age of Magicians: Periodization in the History of European Magic -- Michael D. Bailey
- Shaping Superstition in Late Medieval England -- Kathleen Kamerick
- False, Lying Spirits and Angels of Light: Ambiguous Meditation in Dr Rudd's Seventeenth Century Treatise on Angel Magic -- Egil Asprem
- Jonathan Barry and Own Davies, eds. Witchcraft Historiography. -- Michael D. Bailey.
- Sarah Ferber. -- Lynn Wood Mollenauer.
- Richard Godbeer. Escaping Salem: The Other Witch Hunt of 1692. -- Michael D. Bailey.
- James L. Halverson, ed. Contesting Christendon: Readings in Medieval Religion and Culture. -- Sean L. Field.
- Margaret Mills Harper. Wisdom of Two: The Spiritual and Literary Collaboration of George and W. B. Yeats. -- Jamie L. Olsen.
- Maijastina Kahlos. Debate and Dialogue: Christian and Pagan Cultures c. 360-430. -- Ramsay MacMullen.
- Gabor Klaniczay and Eva Pocs, eds. in collaboration with Eszter Csonka-Takacs. Christian Demonology and Popular Mythology. -- Michael D. Bailey.
- Alexander Rodlach. Witches, Westerners, and HIV: AIDS and Cultures of Blame in Africa. -- Katherine Luongo.
- Emilie Savage-Smith, ed. Magic and Divination in Early Islam. -- Robert Irwin.
- Gyorgy E. Szonyi. John Dee's Occultism: Magical Exaltation Through Powerful Signs. -- Stuart Clark.
- Merry E. Wiesner. Witchcraft in Early Modern Europe -- Michael D. Bailey.
- Emma Wilby. Cunning Folk and Familiar Spirits: Shamanistic Visionary Traditions in Early Modern British Witchcraft and Magic. -- Marion Gibson
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.