New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 51: The Grail. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO51, GNO51
"The Grail is the heart, illumined and awakened so that it may serve as a receptacle for divine energies."
--Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1999
News & Notes
The GNOSIS editors' new book; spiritual directors; Japan's marathon monks; New Dimensions Radio celebrates an anniversary.
Introduction: The Illumined Heart
by Richard Smoley
Why the Grail only appears to the pure of heart.
Healing the Wounded King
by John Matthews
How the Grail Quest can help us repair our own inner damage.
The Mystery of Regeneration: The GNOSIS Interview with R.J. Stewart
by Richard Smoley
The noted writer on magic and Celtic spirituality reflects on Merlin, the Matter of Britain, and modern Paganism.
Where Is the Grail?
by Charles A. Coulombe
A survey of some of the objects that have been identified as the cup Christ used.
Jung and the Grail
by Ean Begg
C.G. Jung left the theme of the Grail to his wife to write about. But this archetype continued to surface in his own life as well.
Reclaiming the Path of Erotic Love
by Cynthia Bourgeault
Was Jesus celibate? What if he wasn't? Why spiritual love and physical love needn't be exclude each other.
The Priory of Sion Hoax
by Robert Richardson
Some claim that the Grail is the bloodline of Christ, perpetuated in the Merovingian dynasty of France. Where did this idea come from?
- Hidden Wisdom: A Guide to the Western Inner Traditions by Richard Smoley and Jay Kinney The editors of Gnosis magazine explore the many esoteric traditions that
Western culture has to offer in this all-new book. Buy it
- Spiritual Wisdom of Haféz by Haleh Pourafzal and Roger Montgomery (Inner Traditions) New translations of Hafez are a mixed bag, but bring deserved attention to the Sufi poet. Buy it
- Bees by Rudolf Steiner (Anthroposophic Press) An enjoyable and provocative look at the world of ants and other social insects through the inner eyes of the great German clairvoyant. Buy it
- The Labyrinth of the World and the Paradise of the Heart by John Comenius (Paulist Press) The jewel in the crown of Czech literature offers spiritual counsel
from the era of the Thirty Year's War. Buy it
- The Psychic Mafia by M. Lamar Keene (Prometheus Books. 1-57392-161-0) Confessions of a fraudulent Spiritual medium reveals the tricks of the trade among psychic con artists.
- A Jewish Mother in Shangri-La by Rosie Rosenzweig (Shambhala 1-57062-353-8) A mother's account of her son's journey from suburban Judaism to Tibetan and Vietnamese Buddhism, and its effects on his family and
- The Hidden Encyclical of Pius XI by Georges Passelecq and Bernard Suchecky (Harcourt, Brace & Co. 0-15-100244-4) An intriguing investigation of a lost encyclical on Anti-Semitism
that was ordered by Pius XI in 1938 but never promulgated.
- Excalibur by Hudson Talbott (Morrow Junior Books 0-688-13380-0) Beautiful and powerful children's books bring the Arthurian stories to life for readers, young and old.
- King Arthur: The Sword in the Stone by Hudson Talbott (Morrow Junior Books. 0-688-09403-1)
- King Arthur and the Round Table by Hudson Talbott (Morrow Junior Books 0-688-11340-0)
About our covers:
FRONT: Original art by Steven Adler
BACK: The World card from a Celtic Tarot by Robert M. Place
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More