New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 50: Good and Evil. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO50, GNO50
"Don't get too concerned about fighting evil. You lose your own center that
--Robert Anton Wilson, from the interview
Contents -- Winter 1999
by Richard Smoley
News & Notes
Grail conference report; Victor Sanchez reflects on Castaneda's legacy; a Burning Times quiz; Frithjof Schuon reexamined; Elizabeth Clare Prophet restructures her church.
Introduction: Two A.M. in the Garden of Good and Evil
by Jay Kinney
On taking the Golden Rule a step further.
The Mystery of Iniquity
by Stephan A. Hoeller
For Gnostics, evil exists because the universe was made by a flawed creator.
Has the Church of Satan Gone to Hell?
by Jack Boulware
A peek into the rise and fall of one of the world's most feared -- and most entertaining -- religions.
How to Do Good: A Satanic Perspective
by Don Webb
Why Evil is different from evil and what you can do about it.
Doubt! The GNOSIS Interview with Robert Anton Wilson
by Richard Smoley and Jay Kinney
The master of unconventional wisdom talks about conspiracy, Catholicism, psychedelics, and the unutterable perplexity of the world.
The Evil Fomorians
by Tom Cowan
For the ancient Irish, evil was a mysterious yet necessary part of the cosmos.
Sex, Spirit, and Abuse
by Arthur Waskow
A modern rabbi grapples with the issues of nonmarital sex and abuse by spiritual teachers.
- Raising Children in Love, Justice, and Truth by Barry Long
- Conscious Parenting by Lee Lozowick Two books by spiritual teachers offer contrasting approaches to childrearing.
- Finding Enlightenment: Ramtha's School of Ancient Wisdom by J. Gordon Melton Respected scholar of New Religious Movements offers sympathetic look at the Ramtha School of Enlightenment - perhaps too sympathetic?
- Collectanea Hermetica by William Wynn Westcott 780-page collectiion of Hermetic texts, originally issued as study resources for Golden Dawn members and related students of the occult.
- Isis Unveiled: A New Abridgement by H.P. Blavatsky. Edited by Michael Gomes An intelligent abridgment of Madame Blavatsky's seminal work that removes the dross and retains her central message. Buy it
- Christ the Yogi: A Hindu Reflection on the Gospel of John by Ravi Ravindra
- Sophia-Maria: A Holistic Vision of Creation by Thomas Schipflinger. Two valuable re-evaluations: one an insightful Hindu analysis of the Gospel of John, the other a new lokk at the Virgin Mary as an incarnation of Sophia. Buy it
- The Books in My Life by Colin Wilson. In one of his better works, Colin Wilson discusses the key books he's read in each stage of his life, illuminating both those volumes and
his own major ideas. Buy it
- Techgnosis by Erik Davis Pithy, amusing, and surprising examination of the push-pull relationship between information technology and mystical awareness. Buy it
- Shadows of Heaven: Gurdjieff and Toomer by Paul Beekman Taylor Buy it
- Opening: Collected Writings, 1985-97 by William Segal Gurdjieff and his work are seen through the eyes of two authors,
providing a "fly on the wall" perspective on esoteric luminaries.
- Edgar Cayce in Context: The Readings, Truth and Fiction by K. Paul Johnson Balanced and thorough overview of Cayce, the "sleeping prophet."
- The Navajo Skinwalker, Witchcraft, and Related Phenomena: Spiritual Clues: Orientation to the Evolution of the Circle by Joanne Teller and Norman Blackwater Authentic and ground breaking inside account of rarely discussed Navajo "witchcraft" and shapeshifting.
About our covers:
Front: "Demons to Tea" by Susan Hill.www.sublimatrix.com.
Back: "Guardian" by Gage Taylor and Uriel Dana. See also their collaborative work.
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.