New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 50: Good and Evil. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO50, GNO50
"Don't get too concerned about fighting evil. You lose your own center that
--Robert Anton Wilson, from the interview
Contents -- Winter 1999
by Richard Smoley
News & Notes
Grail conference report; Victor Sanchez reflects on Castaneda's legacy; a Burning Times quiz; Frithjof Schuon reexamined; Elizabeth Clare Prophet restructures her church.
Introduction: Two A.M. in the Garden of Good and Evil
by Jay Kinney
On taking the Golden Rule a step further.
The Mystery of Iniquity
by Stephan A. Hoeller
For Gnostics, evil exists because the universe was made by a flawed creator.
Has the Church of Satan Gone to Hell?
by Jack Boulware
A peek into the rise and fall of one of the world's most feared -- and most entertaining -- religions.
How to Do Good: A Satanic Perspective
by Don Webb
Why Evil is different from evil and what you can do about it.
Doubt! The GNOSIS Interview with Robert Anton Wilson
by Richard Smoley and Jay Kinney
The master of unconventional wisdom talks about conspiracy, Catholicism, psychedelics, and the unutterable perplexity of the world.
The Evil Fomorians
by Tom Cowan
For the ancient Irish, evil was a mysterious yet necessary part of the cosmos.
Sex, Spirit, and Abuse
by Arthur Waskow
A modern rabbi grapples with the issues of nonmarital sex and abuse by spiritual teachers.
- Raising Children in Love, Justice, and Truth by Barry Long
- Conscious Parenting by Lee Lozowick Two books by spiritual teachers offer contrasting approaches to childrearing.
- Finding Enlightenment: Ramtha's School of Ancient Wisdom by J. Gordon Melton Respected scholar of New Religious Movements offers sympathetic look at the Ramtha School of Enlightenment - perhaps too sympathetic?
- Collectanea Hermetica by William Wynn Westcott 780-page collectiion of Hermetic texts, originally issued as study resources for Golden Dawn members and related students of the occult.
- Isis Unveiled: A New Abridgement by H.P. Blavatsky. Edited by Michael Gomes An intelligent abridgment of Madame Blavatsky's seminal work that removes the dross and retains her central message. Buy it
- Christ the Yogi: A Hindu Reflection on the Gospel of John by Ravi Ravindra
- Sophia-Maria: A Holistic Vision of Creation by Thomas Schipflinger. Two valuable re-evaluations: one an insightful Hindu analysis of the Gospel of John, the other a new lokk at the Virgin Mary as an incarnation of Sophia. Buy it
- The Books in My Life by Colin Wilson. In one of his better works, Colin Wilson discusses the key books he's read in each stage of his life, illuminating both those volumes and
his own major ideas. Buy it
- Techgnosis by Erik Davis Pithy, amusing, and surprising examination of the push-pull relationship between information technology and mystical awareness. Buy it
- Shadows of Heaven: Gurdjieff and Toomer by Paul Beekman Taylor Buy it
- Opening: Collected Writings, 1985-97 by William Segal Gurdjieff and his work are seen through the eyes of two authors,
providing a "fly on the wall" perspective on esoteric luminaries.
- Edgar Cayce in Context: The Readings, Truth and Fiction by K. Paul Johnson Balanced and thorough overview of Cayce, the "sleeping prophet."
- The Navajo Skinwalker, Witchcraft, and Related Phenomena: Spiritual Clues: Orientation to the Evolution of the Circle by Joanne Teller and Norman Blackwater Authentic and ground breaking inside account of rarely discussed Navajo "witchcraft" and shapeshifting.
About our covers:
Front: "Demons to Tea" by Susan Hill.www.sublimatrix.com.
Back: "Guardian" by Gage Taylor and Uriel Dana. See also their collaborative work.
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...
Gateways Through Light and Shadow
Chassan, Frater Ashen
One of only 1000 Signed limited edition hardcover copies. Individually hand bound with silver foil stamping, 70lbs acid neutral paper. Printed in two colors with over 140 illustration!
Gateways Through Light and Shadow is the second book by Bryan Garner, known to his fellow ceremonial magicians as Frater Ashen Chassan, and in it we are again offered the illuminating opportunity to observe and learn from a practicing magus engaged in his Work. Once more he offers instruction in the pro...
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More