New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 41: The Cosmic Joke Issue. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO41, GNO41
"No more sacred civilizations, Monsieur. They are too delicate and too costly. Besides priests are no more trustworthy than anyone else."
- Eglantin L'Audace, from The Order of the Twelfth Apostle
Contents -- Fall 1996
News & Notes
Including the Fortean UnConvention, a trip to the roots of Kabbalah, and an encounter with sacred music in Morocco.
An Initial Encounter with Ramtha
by J. Gordon Melton
Wherein a noted scholar makes the acquaintance of a 35,000-year-old founder of a Gnostic school.
The Distorted Enneagram: The GNOSIS Interview with Claudio Naranjo
by OM C. Parkin and Boris Fittkau
Claudio Naranjo, one of the seminal figures in the enneagram of personality types, has harsh words for what it has become.
After the Deluge
by Paul Hurley
How a cabin, a flood, and the Fool card converged to transform a life.
The Great Cosmic Fairy Tale
by Mary Devlin
Is Oz's Yellow Brick Road an allegory for the soul's way home?
by Sandra Tsing Loh
Can you be a Christian and still hate "Godspell"?
- The Cloister Walk by Kathleen Norris
- The Brotherhood of the Common Life and Its Influences by Ross Fuller
- The White Buddhist: The Asian Odyssey of Henry Steel Olcott by Stephen Prothero
- Satan's Silence: Ritual Abuse and the Making of a Modern American Witch Hunt by Debbie Nathan and Michael Snedeker
- Love and the Soul: Creating a Future for Earth by Robert Sardello
- E: Reflections on the Birth of the Elvis Faith by John Strausbaugh
- The Message of the Sphinx: A Quest for the Hidden Legacy of Mankind by Robert Bauval and Graham Hancock
- From Atlantis to the Sphinx: Recovering the Lost Wisdom of the Ancient World by Colin Wilson
- In Perfect Timing: Memoirs of a Man for the New Millennium by Peter Caddy with Jeremy Slocombe and Renata Caddy
- The Generation of Adam by Isaiah Horowitz
- Jungian Archetypes: Jung, Godel, and the History of Archetypes by Robin Robertson
- The Magic of Solomon (video) by Carroll "Poke" Runyon
AGNOSIS: Special humor supplement
Inside back cover:
by Justin Green
The Beatles: A New Translation
by Francis DiMenno
A new rendition of the much-revered texts to commemorate the Beatles millennium.
The Order of the Twelfth Apostle
by Eglantin L'Audace
A tale of how a secret society altered the spiritual destiny of the human race.
The Cigars of Paradise
by Mack White
The Leap of Faith
by Harry S. Robins
Easter Bunny, P.I.
by Gus Murphy
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991