New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 41: The Cosmic Joke Issue. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO41, GNO41
"No more sacred civilizations, Monsieur. They are too delicate and too costly. Besides priests are no more trustworthy than anyone else."
- Eglantin L'Audace, from The Order of the Twelfth Apostle
Contents -- Fall 1996
News & Notes
Including the Fortean UnConvention, a trip to the roots of Kabbalah, and an encounter with sacred music in Morocco.
An Initial Encounter with Ramtha
by J. Gordon Melton
Wherein a noted scholar makes the acquaintance of a 35,000-year-old founder of a Gnostic school.
The Distorted Enneagram: The GNOSIS Interview with Claudio Naranjo
by OM C. Parkin and Boris Fittkau
Claudio Naranjo, one of the seminal figures in the enneagram of personality types, has harsh words for what it has become.
After the Deluge
by Paul Hurley
How a cabin, a flood, and the Fool card converged to transform a life.
The Great Cosmic Fairy Tale
by Mary Devlin
Is Oz's Yellow Brick Road an allegory for the soul's way home?
by Sandra Tsing Loh
Can you be a Christian and still hate "Godspell"?
- The Cloister Walk by Kathleen Norris
- The Brotherhood of the Common Life and Its Influences by Ross Fuller
- The White Buddhist: The Asian Odyssey of Henry Steel Olcott by Stephen Prothero
- Satan's Silence: Ritual Abuse and the Making of a Modern American Witch Hunt by Debbie Nathan and Michael Snedeker
- Love and the Soul: Creating a Future for Earth by Robert Sardello
- E: Reflections on the Birth of the Elvis Faith by John Strausbaugh
- The Message of the Sphinx: A Quest for the Hidden Legacy of Mankind by Robert Bauval and Graham Hancock
- From Atlantis to the Sphinx: Recovering the Lost Wisdom of the Ancient World by Colin Wilson
- In Perfect Timing: Memoirs of a Man for the New Millennium by Peter Caddy with Jeremy Slocombe and Renata Caddy
- The Generation of Adam by Isaiah Horowitz
- Jungian Archetypes: Jung, Godel, and the History of Archetypes by Robin Robertson
- The Magic of Solomon (video) by Carroll "Poke" Runyon
AGNOSIS: Special humor supplement
Inside back cover:
by Justin Green
The Beatles: A New Translation
by Francis DiMenno
A new rendition of the much-revered texts to commemorate the Beatles millennium.
The Order of the Twelfth Apostle
by Eglantin L'Audace
A tale of how a secret society altered the spiritual destiny of the human race.
The Cigars of Paradise
by Mack White
The Leap of Faith
by Harry S. Robins
Easter Bunny, P.I.
by Gus Murphy
The Accidental Shaman: Journeys with Plant Teachers and Other Spirit Allies
Charing, Howard G
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
After surviving a serious elevator crash in London, Howard G. Charing found he had developed healing touch as well as the ability to hear voices and experience visions--just as a healer in Italy had predicted only a week before the accident. He began using his abilities to heal but felt he needed more guidance and training. He first connected with a national spiritual healing organization, only to be told he was doing everything wrong. Then, through a friend, he discovered shamanism.
The Voynich Manuscript
Yale University Press
Many call the fifteenth-century codex, commonly known as the Voynich Manuscript, the world s most mysterious book. Written in an unknown script by an unknown author, the manuscript has no clearer purpose now than when it was rediscovered in 1912 by rare books dealer Wilfrid Voynich. The manuscript appears and disappears throughout history, from the library of the Holy Roman Emperor Rudolf II to a secret sale of books in 1903 by the Society of Jesus in Rome. The book s language has eluded deciphe...More
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...