New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 40: Hermeticism. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO40, GNO40
"The basic idea behind Hermeticism is that correspondences exist between the world of the Divine Intellect and the created world. The magician's own imagination is the bridge linking the two."
- Gary Lachman, from The Renaissance of Hermetic Man
Contents -- Summer 1996
News & Notes
Including a visit with Owen Barfield and reports on the Million Man March and the Sufism Symposium.
Introduction: From Lead to Gold
by Richard Smoley
What's the secret of alchemical transmutation?
The Emerald Tablet
translated by Richard Smoley
A new rendition of the most celebrated of all magical texts.
On the Trail of the Winged God
by Stephan A. Hoeller
How Hermes was transformed from a Greek deity into the patron of the alchemical art.
The Renaissance of Hermetic Man
by Gary Lachman
Did the Hermetic revival in the Renaissance cut us off from nature? Or teach us new responsibility for it?
The Quintessence of Alchemy: The GNOSIS Interview with Francois Trojani
by Joseph Rowe
One of France's leading alchemists discusses his vision of his art and its relation to science and consciousness.
Secrets of Malta
by Virginia M. Fellows
An enciphered manuscript may give a glimpse of initiation as practiced by the Knights of Malta over 200 years ago.
Geometries of the Sword
by John Michael Greer
Pythagorian ratios applied to swordsmanship once gave rise to a Western martial discipline.
The Enochian Apocalypse
by Donald Tyson
Were John Dee's Enochian Keys of angel magic meant to unlock the door to the x05End Times?
- Revolt Against the Modern World by Julius Evola, translated by Guido Stucco
- The Hermetic Tradition: Symbols and Teachings of the Royal Art by Julius Evola, translated by E.E. Rehmus
- The Doctrine of Awakening: The Attainment of Self-Mastery according to the Earliest Buddhist Texts by Julius Evola, translated by H.E. Musson
- The Yoga of Power: Tantra, Shakti, and the Secret Way by Julius Evola, translated by Guido Stucco
- The Monks of War: The Military Religious Orders by Desmond Seward
- Initiates of Theosophical Masters by K. Paul Johnson
- Opening the Inner Gates: New Paths in Kabbalah and Psychology edited by Edward Hoffman
- Forty Days: The Diary of a Traditional Solitary Sufi Retreat by Michaela M. Ozelsel, translated by Andy Gaus
- The Waking Dream: Unlocking the Symbolic Language of Our Lives by Ray Grasse
- Synchronicity, Science, and Soul-Making by Victor Mansfield
- A Thoughtful Soul: Reflections from Swedenborg edited by George F. Dole
- Testimony to the Invisible: Essays on Swedenborg edited by James F. Lawrence
- Miracles of Mary: Apparitions, Legends, and Miraculous Works of the Blessed Virgin Mary by Michael S. Durham
- Jesus the Healer: Possession, Trance, and the Origins of Christianity by Stevan L. Davies
- Death, Ecstasy, and Other Worldly Journeys edited by John J. Collins and Michael Fishbane
- A War of Witches: A Journey into the Underworld of Contemporary Aztecs byTimothy J. Knab
- A Mythic Life by Jean Houston
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...