New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 40: Hermeticism. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO40, GNO40
"The basic idea behind Hermeticism is that correspondences exist between the world of the Divine Intellect and the created world. The magician's own imagination is the bridge linking the two."
- Gary Lachman, from The Renaissance of Hermetic Man
Contents -- Summer 1996
News & Notes
Including a visit with Owen Barfield and reports on the Million Man March and the Sufism Symposium.
Introduction: From Lead to Gold
by Richard Smoley
What's the secret of alchemical transmutation?
The Emerald Tablet
translated by Richard Smoley
A new rendition of the most celebrated of all magical texts.
On the Trail of the Winged God
by Stephan A. Hoeller
How Hermes was transformed from a Greek deity into the patron of the alchemical art.
The Renaissance of Hermetic Man
by Gary Lachman
Did the Hermetic revival in the Renaissance cut us off from nature? Or teach us new responsibility for it?
The Quintessence of Alchemy: The GNOSIS Interview with Francois Trojani
by Joseph Rowe
One of France's leading alchemists discusses his vision of his art and its relation to science and consciousness.
Secrets of Malta
by Virginia M. Fellows
An enciphered manuscript may give a glimpse of initiation as practiced by the Knights of Malta over 200 years ago.
Geometries of the Sword
by John Michael Greer
Pythagorian ratios applied to swordsmanship once gave rise to a Western martial discipline.
The Enochian Apocalypse
by Donald Tyson
Were John Dee's Enochian Keys of angel magic meant to unlock the door to the x05End Times?
- Revolt Against the Modern World by Julius Evola, translated by Guido Stucco
- The Hermetic Tradition: Symbols and Teachings of the Royal Art by Julius Evola, translated by E.E. Rehmus
- The Doctrine of Awakening: The Attainment of Self-Mastery according to the Earliest Buddhist Texts by Julius Evola, translated by H.E. Musson
- The Yoga of Power: Tantra, Shakti, and the Secret Way by Julius Evola, translated by Guido Stucco
- The Monks of War: The Military Religious Orders by Desmond Seward
- Initiates of Theosophical Masters by K. Paul Johnson
- Opening the Inner Gates: New Paths in Kabbalah and Psychology edited by Edward Hoffman
- Forty Days: The Diary of a Traditional Solitary Sufi Retreat by Michaela M. Ozelsel, translated by Andy Gaus
- The Waking Dream: Unlocking the Symbolic Language of Our Lives by Ray Grasse
- Synchronicity, Science, and Soul-Making by Victor Mansfield
- A Thoughtful Soul: Reflections from Swedenborg edited by George F. Dole
- Testimony to the Invisible: Essays on Swedenborg edited by James F. Lawrence
- Miracles of Mary: Apparitions, Legends, and Miraculous Works of the Blessed Virgin Mary by Michael S. Durham
- Jesus the Healer: Possession, Trance, and the Origins of Christianity by Stevan L. Davies
- Death, Ecstasy, and Other Worldly Journeys edited by John J. Collins and Michael Fishbane
- A War of Witches: A Journey into the Underworld of Contemporary Aztecs byTimothy J. Knab
- A Mythic Life by Jean Houston
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More