New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 38: The Stars. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO38, GNO38
"I suspect that if we knew how much the planets affect our lives, we would either go mad or take ourselves a lot less seriously."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Winter 1996
News & Notes
Including a visit with Colin Wilson, a report on
the Czech Rosicrucian Enlightenment Revisited
conference, and "The Science and Religion of Space."
Introduction: The Stars We Are
by Richard Smoley
Is astrology true? And what does it mean if it is?
Grinding the Mill of Heaven: An Interview with Graham Hancock
by Ed Conroy
The best-selling author discusses Egypt, Atlantis,
and why ancient civilizations may have known a lot
more than we think.
Ladder to Labyrinth
by Priscilla Costello
Is astrology meant to take us up to heaven? Or
deeper within ourselves? Or both?
The Star-Gods of Neoplatonism
by Kenneth Stein
The Neoplatonists saw the stars, not as balls of
hot gas, but as living expressions of the divine
The Lost Art of Astrology
by Robert Hand
Why today's astrology may be less sophisticated
than its ancient forms.
Wars in Heaven
by Jay Kinney
Just what are those ETs trying to tell us?
The Coming of Sophia: The GNOSIS Interview with Robert Powell
by Richard Smoley
The British savant discusses Rudolf Steiner,
Sophia, and the vital practice of stargazing.
The Religion of the Stars
by Christopher Gibson
How Elbert Benjamine, a.k.a. C.C. Zain, transformed star wisdom into a contemporary religion.
Mapping the Unknown
by Cherry Gilchrist
Using astrology to open up your mind rather than
closing it down.
- The Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor: Initiatic and Historical Documents of an Order of Practical Occultism by Joscelyn Godwin, Christian Chanel, and John P. Deveney
- Crimes of Perception: An Encyclopedia of Heresies and Heretics by Leonard George
- The Stop by David Appelbaum
- The Sacred Ifa Oracle translated and with commentary by Afolabi A. Epega and Philip John Neimark
- Sacred Pleasure: Sex, Myth, and the Politics of the Body by Riane Eisler
- Living the Wheel: Working with Emotion, Terror, and Bliss through Imagination by Annabelle Nelson
- Alchemical Works: Eirenaeus Philalethes Compiled edited by S. Merrow Broddle
- The Mysterium Lectures: A Journey Through C.G. Jung's Mysterium Coniunctionis by Edward F. Edinger
- The Cube of Space: Container of Creation by Kevin Townley
- The Teachings of Don Carlos: Practical Applications of the Works of Carlos Castaneda by Victor Sanchez
- The Odyssey of a New Religion: The Holy Order of MANS from New Age to Orthodoxy by Phillip Charles Lucas
- Studies in Jewish Dream Interpretation by Monford Harris
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...