New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 36: The Inner Planes. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO36, GNO36
"People tend to describe themselves as traveling on the astral level when they're really traveling in their own inner world. And any demons in it are their own inner demons."
- Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki, from Exploring the Inner Realms: The GNOSIS Interview with Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki
Contents -- Summer 1995
News & Notes
Including The Burning Man, the Labyrinth at Grace
Cathedral, Myth in Our Time Conference at Dartington Hall, Devon, UK, and 2nd Annual Sufism Symposium report.
Introduction: Stairways to Heaven
by Jay Kinney
Just where are those inner realms?
Wise Men from the East
by Stephan A. Hoeller
Do the adepts live in Himalayan fastnesses or in our own psyches?
Exploring the Inner Realms: The GNOSIS Interview with Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki
by Frank Donnola
A celebrated British occultist discusses the inner dimensions and her experiences with her teachers.
Dr. Dee and the Spirits
by Cherry Gilchrist
The Elizabethan magus John Dee spent years conversing with the spirits. The pitfalls he fell into may serve as warnings for us today.
Light from Ten Spheres
by Edward Hoffman
How to use the kabbalistic Tree of Life to take stock of your present state of being.
Heavens and Hells
by Gary Lachman
According to the Swedish visionary Emanuel Swedenborg, heaven and hell are where your heart is.
Strange Encounter in Jogjakarta
by John Krajewski
In which an elusive tourist guide reveals himself to be a meditation teacher.
by Siobhan Houston
A peek into this irreverent modern recasting of the magical tradition.
On Ahmusta Kebzeh
by Murat Yagan
This ancient Caucasian tradition views the source of all things as being "the energy of consciousness."
- Mary Magdalen: Myth and Metaphor by Susan Haskins
- Crossing the Threshold of Hope by Pope John Paul II
- Dancing Shadows: The Roots of Western Religious Belief
- Cosmos, Chaos and the World to Come: The Ancient Roots of Apocalyptic Faith by Norman Cohn
- The Gods Have Landed: New Religions from Other Worldsedited by James R. Lewis
- The Well of Remembrance: Rediscovering the Earth Wisdom
Myths of Northern Europe by Ralph Metzner
- Riding with the Lion: In Search of Mystical Christianityby Kyriacos C. Markides
- Jesus Christ, Sun of God: Ancient Cosmology and Early Christian Symbolism by David R. Fideler
- Healing Research: Holistic Energy Medicine and Spirituality (2 vol.) by Dr. Daniel J. Benor
- Magick, Book Four: Liber ABA by Aleister Crowley edited by Hymenaeus Beta
- The Survival of the Pagan Gods: The Mythological Tradition and Its Place in Renaissance Humanism and Art
by Jean Seznec
- In Search of Stones: A Pilgrimage of Faith, Reason, and Discovery by M. Scott Peck
- The Illustrated World's Religions: A Guide to Our Wisdom Traditions by Huston Smith
- Gabriel's Palace: Jewish Mystical Tales by Howard Schwartz
- The Naqshbandi Sufi Way: History and Guidebook of the Saints of the Golden Chain by Shaykh Muhammad Hisham Kabbani
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...
Gateways Through Light and Shadow
Chassan, Frater Ashen
One of only 1000 Signed limited edition hardcover copies. Individually hand bound with silver foil stamping, 70lbs acid neutral paper. Printed in two colors with over 140 illustration!
Gateways Through Light and Shadow is the second book by Bryan Garner, known to his fellow ceremonial magicians as Frater Ashen Chassan, and in it we are again offered the illuminating opportunity to observe and learn from a practicing magus engaged in his Work. Once more he offers instruction in the pro...
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More