New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 36: The Inner Planes. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO36, GNO36
"People tend to describe themselves as traveling on the astral level when they're really traveling in their own inner world. And any demons in it are their own inner demons."
- Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki, from Exploring the Inner Realms: The GNOSIS Interview with Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki
Contents -- Summer 1995
News & Notes
Including The Burning Man, the Labyrinth at Grace
Cathedral, Myth in Our Time Conference at Dartington Hall, Devon, UK, and 2nd Annual Sufism Symposium report.
Introduction: Stairways to Heaven
by Jay Kinney
Just where are those inner realms?
Wise Men from the East
by Stephan A. Hoeller
Do the adepts live in Himalayan fastnesses or in our own psyches?
Exploring the Inner Realms: The GNOSIS Interview with Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki
by Frank Donnola
A celebrated British occultist discusses the inner dimensions and her experiences with her teachers.
Dr. Dee and the Spirits
by Cherry Gilchrist
The Elizabethan magus John Dee spent years conversing with the spirits. The pitfalls he fell into may serve as warnings for us today.
Light from Ten Spheres
by Edward Hoffman
How to use the kabbalistic Tree of Life to take stock of your present state of being.
Heavens and Hells
by Gary Lachman
According to the Swedish visionary Emanuel Swedenborg, heaven and hell are where your heart is.
Strange Encounter in Jogjakarta
by John Krajewski
In which an elusive tourist guide reveals himself to be a meditation teacher.
by Siobhan Houston
A peek into this irreverent modern recasting of the magical tradition.
On Ahmusta Kebzeh
by Murat Yagan
This ancient Caucasian tradition views the source of all things as being "the energy of consciousness."
- Mary Magdalen: Myth and Metaphor by Susan Haskins
- Crossing the Threshold of Hope by Pope John Paul II
- Dancing Shadows: The Roots of Western Religious Belief
- Cosmos, Chaos and the World to Come: The Ancient Roots of Apocalyptic Faith by Norman Cohn
- The Gods Have Landed: New Religions from Other Worldsedited by James R. Lewis
- The Well of Remembrance: Rediscovering the Earth Wisdom
Myths of Northern Europe by Ralph Metzner
- Riding with the Lion: In Search of Mystical Christianityby Kyriacos C. Markides
- Jesus Christ, Sun of God: Ancient Cosmology and Early Christian Symbolism by David R. Fideler
- Healing Research: Holistic Energy Medicine and Spirituality (2 vol.) by Dr. Daniel J. Benor
- Magick, Book Four: Liber ABA by Aleister Crowley edited by Hymenaeus Beta
- The Survival of the Pagan Gods: The Mythological Tradition and Its Place in Renaissance Humanism and Art
by Jean Seznec
- In Search of Stones: A Pilgrimage of Faith, Reason, and Discovery by M. Scott Peck
- The Illustrated World's Religions: A Guide to Our Wisdom Traditions by Huston Smith
- Gabriel's Palace: Jewish Mystical Tales by Howard Schwartz
- The Naqshbandi Sufi Way: History and Guidebook of the Saints of the Golden Chain by Shaykh Muhammad Hisham Kabbani
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More