New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 34: Healing. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO34, GNO34
"Our energy fields often look like mosaics of pieces from family, friends, co-workers, people seen on TV, or even random strangers
encountered on the street."
- Rebecca Wilson, from The Art of Psychic Healing
Contents -- Winter 1995
News & Notes
Introduction: A Healing Tale
by Jay Kinney
How a healing experience inspired this issue.
The Art of Psychic Healing
by Rebecca Wilson
Psychic healing may help you reoccupy your own space and cut away unhealthy attachments.
Healing and the Spiritual World: The GNOSIS Interview with Barbara Brennan
by Jay Kinney
The best-selling healer and author talks about intuition, subtle planes, and visions of Mary.
Taoist Healing Through Chi Nei Tsang
by Dennis Lewis
This form of abdominal massage aids clients in "digesting" emotions.
What's the Use of a Tiger?
by Mary Hendryx
If animal totems work for sports teams and consumer products, maybe they can do something for you.
by Ray L. Beck
Reflexology teaches that the foot is a handle for working with the whole body.
From Woundedness to Union
by Cynthia Bourgeault
Thomas Keating's Centering Prayer may offer a way for processing the contents of the unconscious.
Hermetic Healing in Italy
by Dana Lloyd Thomas
Italy's Brotherhood of Myriam has roots in Pythagoreanism and Masonry.
Beyond the Ideology of Healing
by Richard Grossinger
Holistic healing may have become yet another quest that takes us away from ourselves.
Gnosis: Goal or Ground?
by John Wren-Lewis
Are the notions of "growth" and "evolution" themselves obstacles to gnosis?
The Solar Temple Dossier
A special supplement on the background of the recent tragedy, including an analysis by scholars Massimo Introvigne and J. Gordon Melton and the complete texts of the Solar Temple's final pronouncements.
- The Imagination of Pentecost: Rudolf Steiner and Contemporary Spirituality by Richard Leviton
- The Unknowing Sage: The Life and Work of Baba Faqir Chand edited by David Christopher Lane
- The Key of It All, Book One: The Eastern Mysteries by David Allen Hulse
- Mystical Christianity: A Psychological Commentary on the Gospel of John by John A. Sanford
- Nothing in This Book Is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are by Bob Frissell
- Matrix IV: The Quivideum by Val Valerian
- Kooks: A Guide to the Outer Limits of Human Belief by Donna Kossy
- The Magick of Thelema: A Handbook of the Rituals of Aleister Crowley by Lon Milo DuQuette
- New Aeon Magick: Thelema Without Tears by Gerald del Campo
- Flat Rock Journal: A Day in the Ozark Mountains by Ken Carey
- Black Madonnas: Feminism, Religion, and Politics in Italy by Lucia Chiavola Birnbaum
- Seal of the Saints: Prophethood and Sainthood in the Doctrine of Ibn Arabi by Michel Chodkiewicz
- An Ocean Without Shore: Ibn Arabi, The Book, and the Law by Michel Chodkiewicz
- The Power of Trees: The Reforesting of the Soul by Michael Perlman
- Sacred Trees by Nathaniel Altman
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...