New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 33: Earth. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO33, GNO33
"Science and religion are still fighting their tired old battles for control of the world - a cheap wrestling match which has long since ceased to interest any but the most deeply hypnotized
- Peter Lamborn Wilson, from Chaos, Eros, Earth, and Old Night
Contents -- Fall 1994
News & Notes
Including Dr. Stylianos Atteshlis (Daskalos) speaks in N.Y.C., False Memory Syndrome,
Enneagram Conference Report,
Introduction: Heaven, Earth, and Us
by Richard Smoley
An attempt to sort meaning from noise in today's ecological discourse.
Earth and Spirit
by Igor Kungurtsev and Olga Luchakova
How different places on earth affect emotions, moods, and spiritual practice.
The Fate of the Earth According to Rudolf Steiner
by Gary Lachman
Is the earth just a waystation for us on our way to Jupiter?
Geomancy: A New Form for the Making of Cities
by Gail Thomas
What today's city planners ought to be thinking about.
Nature and the Numinous: The GNOSIS Interview with Sterling Bunnell
by Jay Kinney and Richard Smoley
A "shaikh of nature" discusses biology, spirituality, and the planet's future.
Snakes and Ladders
by Erik Davis
How can we reconcile the urge for transcendence with life on the physical plane?
Earth, Shamanism, and the Catholic Church
by John Perkins
How the Church has given shelter to native traditions in South America.
Chaos, Eros, Earth, and Old Night
by Peter Lamborn Wilson
Can the Hermetic myth of the living earth help revivify modern culture?
Sacred Earth, Sacred Earthling
by Arthur Waskow
What Judaism has to say about improving relations with our home planet.
Animals in the Muslim World
by Denys Johnson-Davies
A capsule summary of Islamic teachings about kindness toward animals.
The Meaning of Ecstasy
by Richard Squires
A glimpse of ecstasy in its original sense: as out-of-body experience.
- Gnosis: An Esoteric Tradition of Mystical Visions and Unions by Dan Merkur
- Blasphemy: Verbal Offense against the Sacred from Mose to Salman Rushdie by Leonard W. Levy
- Three Books of Occult Philosophy by Henry Cornelius Agrippa, edited by Donald Tyson
- The Good Wine: Reading John from the Center by Bruno Barnhart
- Millennium Prophecies: Predictions for the Year 2000 by A. T. Mann
- A History of God by Karen Armstrong
- The Esoteric Emerson by Richard Geldard
- American Transcendentalism and Asian Religions by Arthur Versluis
- Conscious Eating by Gabriel Cousens
- Mystical Diets: Paranormal, Spiritual, and Occult Nutrition Practices by Jack Raso
- Nourishing Wisdom: A Mind-Body Approach to Nutrition and Well-Being by by Marc David
- The Making of a Spiritual Movement: The Untold Story of Paul Twitchell and Eckankarby David Christopher Lane
- Women in Praise of the Sacred: 43 Centuries of Spiritual Poetry by Women by Jane Hirshfield
- The Transcendental Universe by C. G. Harrison
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991