New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 28: One God Or Many?. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO28, GNO28
"Christianity, Judaism, and Islam have all deprecated polytheism as intrinsically inferior - primitive, crude, lost. But much of the profundity of Paganism lies in its deep appreciation for the
complexity and richness of life, its embrace of the world that surrounds us, that indeed is us."
- Frank Donnola, from Reconciling One and Many
Contents -- Summer 1993
Notes & Comments
The Return of the Magus
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Introduction: Split Personalities
by Jay Kinney
Some say there's one, others say there are many. So what's all the fuss about?
Reconciling One and Many
by Frank Donnola
No matter what they claim, most religions include versions of both monotheism and polytheism.
A Natural Wealth
by Nisi Shawl
The traditions of the African diaspora boast a vibrant pantheon and a deep sense of connection to the physical world.
by Paul Johnson
Who were H.P. Blavatsky's Masters really?
One Path or Many? The GNOSIS Interview with Charles Tart
by Richard Smoley and Jay Kinney
The noted psychologist talks about psi research, psychedelics, and integrating different spiritual teachings on a personal path.
No Other Gods?
by Peter Stenshoel
A Gnostic Christian looks at the evangelical critique of "Neo-Paganism."
by Sam Webster
On working with many gods for personal and transpersonal ends.
The God of Abraham
by Stan Tenen
Does higher mathematics give reason to posit one God?
Man as God and Creator
by Richard Smoley
Each of us may be the "God" of a world created by our own thoughts and intentions.
Why Knock on Wood?
by Ken Textor
How tree myths are connected to the uses people have found for wood.
- Surrealism and the Occult: Shamanism, Magic, Alchemy, and the Birth of an Artistic Movement by Nadia Choucha
- The Reenchantment of Art by Suzi Gablik
- Art and Physics: Parallel Visions in Space, Time, and Light by Leonard Shlain
- Modern Esoteric Spirituality edited by Antoine Faivre and Jacob Needleman, Karen Voss, associate editor
- Witchcraft Today, Book One: The Modern Craft Movement edited by Chas S. Clifton
- We've Had a Hundred Years of Psychotherapy - and the World's Getting Worse by James Hillman and Michael Ventura
- Child Spirit: Chidren's Experiences of God in School by Samuel Silverstein
- How Like an Angel Came I Down: Conversations with Children on the Gospels by A. Bronson Alcott, edited by Alice O. Howell
- Visions of Innocence: Spiritual and Inspirational Experiences of Childhood by Edward Hoffman
- The Rose Cross and the Age of Reason by Christopher McIntosh
- Covenant of the Heart: Meditations of a Christian Hermeticist of the Mysteries of a Tradition by Valentin Tomberg
- Inner Development by Valentin Tomberg
- Songs of Innocence and Experience by William Blake, edited by Morton D. Paley
- Jerusalem: The Emanation of the Giant Albion by William Blake, edited by Morton D. Paley
- True Hallucinations by Terence McKenna
- God, Harlem U.S.A.: The Father Divine Story by Jill Watts
- Arktos: The Polar Myth in Science, Symbolism, and Nazi Survival by Joscelyn Godwin
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.