New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 27: Sacred Art and Music. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO27R, GNO27R
"Sound and color can be used to 'play' the human body like a musical instrument and put it in a healthier state of being."
- Jeff Chitouras, from Esoteric Sound & Color
Contents -- Spring 1993
The Royal Road of Tarot
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
No Thanks for the Memories
A column by Ted Schultz
Introduction: It May Be Sacred, but Is It Art?
by Richard Smoley
What do Gurdjieff's "objective art," chaos theory, and Prince Charles have in common?
Orpheus and the Mysteries of Harmony
by David Fideler
The ancient Greek ideal of harmony and proportion may point a direction for our civilization today.
Maps of the Eternal
by Daniel Gautier
Just what was it that made those Gothic cathedrals so beautiful?
Esoteric Sound & Color
by Jeff Chitouras
How sound and color can promote greater health and well-being.
by Thomas Poplawski
A glimpse of Rudolf Steiner's system of sacred movement.
The GNOSIS Interview with Hamza El Din
by Jay Kinney and Jeff Chitouras
The celebrated Nubian musician discusses his life and personal approach to music.
Windows into Heaven
by Stephen Muratore
What higher realities are written in Orthodox icons?
The Immediatist Manifesto
by Hakim Bey
How to cast the moneychangers out of the artistic temple.
The Magical Mark: The Art of Tattoo
by Michelle Delio
Did the first of all sacred arts use the human body as a canvas?
- Santeria: A Practical Guide to Afro-Caribbean Magic by Luis Manuel Nunez
- Spirits of the Night: The Vaudun Gods of Haiti by Selden Rodman and Carole Cleaver
- The Faces of the Gods: Vodou and Roman Catholicism in Haiti by Leslie D. Desmangles
- Oya: In Praise of an African Goddess by Judith Gleason
- Beginner's Guide to Jungian Psychology by Robin Robertson
- Gaia and God: An Ecofeminist Theology of Earth Healing by Rosemary Radford Ruether
- The Tree of Gnosis: Gnostic Mythology from Early Christianity to Modern Nihilism by Ioan P. Couliano
- Sunyata: The Life and Sayings of a Rare-Born Mystic edited by Betty Camhi and Elliot Isenberg
- When Time Shall Be No More: Prophecy Belief in Modern American Culture by Paul Boyer
- A Gnostic Book of Hours by June Singer
- The Sacrament of Abortion by Ginette Paris, translated by Joanna Mott
- Liber Kaos by Peter J. Carroll
- The Images of Afterlife: Beliefs from Antiquity to Modern Times by Geddes MacGregor
- The Secret of Secrets by Hadrat 'Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani, interpreted by Shaykh Tosun Bayrak al-Jerrahial-Halveti
- The Sign and the Seal: The Quest for the Lost Ark of the Covenant by Graham Hancock
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
Gateways Through Light and Shadow
Chassan, Frater Ashen
One of only 1000 Signed limited edition hardcover copies. Individually hand bound with silver foil stamping, 70lbs acid neutral paper. Printed in two colors with over 140 illustration!
Gateways Through Light and Shadow is the second book by Bryan Garner, known to his fellow ceremonial magicians as Frater Ashen Chassan, and in it we are again offered the illuminating opportunity to observe and learn from a practicing magus engaged in his Work. Once more he offers instruction in the pro...