New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 27: Sacred Art and Music. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO27R, GNO27R
"Sound and color can be used to 'play' the human body like a musical instrument and put it in a healthier state of being."
- Jeff Chitouras, from Esoteric Sound & Color
Contents -- Spring 1993
The Royal Road of Tarot
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
No Thanks for the Memories
A column by Ted Schultz
Introduction: It May Be Sacred, but Is It Art?
by Richard Smoley
What do Gurdjieff's "objective art," chaos theory, and Prince Charles have in common?
Orpheus and the Mysteries of Harmony
by David Fideler
The ancient Greek ideal of harmony and proportion may point a direction for our civilization today.
Maps of the Eternal
by Daniel Gautier
Just what was it that made those Gothic cathedrals so beautiful?
Esoteric Sound & Color
by Jeff Chitouras
How sound and color can promote greater health and well-being.
by Thomas Poplawski
A glimpse of Rudolf Steiner's system of sacred movement.
The GNOSIS Interview with Hamza El Din
by Jay Kinney and Jeff Chitouras
The celebrated Nubian musician discusses his life and personal approach to music.
Windows into Heaven
by Stephen Muratore
What higher realities are written in Orthodox icons?
The Immediatist Manifesto
by Hakim Bey
How to cast the moneychangers out of the artistic temple.
The Magical Mark: The Art of Tattoo
by Michelle Delio
Did the first of all sacred arts use the human body as a canvas?
- Santeria: A Practical Guide to Afro-Caribbean Magic by Luis Manuel Nunez
- Spirits of the Night: The Vaudun Gods of Haiti by Selden Rodman and Carole Cleaver
- The Faces of the Gods: Vodou and Roman Catholicism in Haiti by Leslie D. Desmangles
- Oya: In Praise of an African Goddess by Judith Gleason
- Beginner's Guide to Jungian Psychology by Robin Robertson
- Gaia and God: An Ecofeminist Theology of Earth Healing by Rosemary Radford Ruether
- The Tree of Gnosis: Gnostic Mythology from Early Christianity to Modern Nihilism by Ioan P. Couliano
- Sunyata: The Life and Sayings of a Rare-Born Mystic edited by Betty Camhi and Elliot Isenberg
- When Time Shall Be No More: Prophecy Belief in Modern American Culture by Paul Boyer
- A Gnostic Book of Hours by June Singer
- The Sacrament of Abortion by Ginette Paris, translated by Joanna Mott
- Liber Kaos by Peter J. Carroll
- The Images of Afterlife: Beliefs from Antiquity to Modern Times by Geddes MacGregor
- The Secret of Secrets by Hadrat 'Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani, interpreted by Shaykh Tosun Bayrak al-Jerrahial-Halveti
- The Sign and the Seal: The Quest for the Lost Ark of the Covenant by Graham Hancock
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991