New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 26: Psychedelics and the Path. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO26, GNO26
"I see psychedelics as a catalyst and a door opener; I don't see them as a full path."
-Ram Dass, from The GNOSIS Interview with Ram Dass
Contents -- Winter 1993
Rain Forest Rant
A column by Ted Schultz
Viewing Drugs Rationally
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Introduction: The Fires of Artifice
by Richard Smoley
Do psychedelics really tell you the truth about yourself?
Mysticism: Contemplative and Chemical
by Roger Walsh
How "artificial" experiences compare with the ecstasies of contemplatives.
Drugs and the Path
Truth, illusions, and punctured auras - a variety of spiritual teachers give their views.
Using Drugs Wisely
by Myron J. Stolaroff
A veteran researcher suggests how to get the best out of psychedelic experience.
Psychedelics: A First-Amendment Right
by a Psychedelicist
Should mind-changing drugs be protected by the Constitution?
Two Classic Trips
by Thomas Riedlinger
Adelle Davis loved it, but it was a bummer for Jean-Paul Sartre.
The GNOSIS Interview with Ram Dass
by Jay Kinney and Richard Smoley
A lively discussion about LSD, spirituality, the '60s, and gurus.
The Sobriety That Surpasses Intoxication
by Kabir Helminski
Does traditional spirituality offer something better than drugs?
by Bruce Eisner
What the rave scene and cutting-edge psychology have in common.
Gracie's Visible Language
by Gracie & Zarkov
Why language may be "the most alien artifact we have."
Gerald Heard: Soul Guide to the Beyond Within
by John V. Cody
A glimpse of the visionary who turned on the California elite years before Timothy Leary.
- Brother Twelve by John Oliphant, foreword by Colin Wilson
- Thrice Greatest Hermes: Studies in Hellenistic Theosophy and Gnosis by G.R.S. Mead
- Plotinus: The Enneads: A New, Unabridged, and Definitive Edition of the Classic Translation by Stephen MacKenna
- Egypt: Moulids, Saints, Sufis by Nicholass H. Biegman
- The Dervish Lodge: Architecture, Art, and Sufism in Ottoman Turkey edited by Raymond Lifchez
- Islamic Spirituality II: Manifestations edited by Seyyed Hossein Nasr
- Understanding the Dead Sea Scrolls: A Reader from the Biblical Archaeology Review edited by Hershel Shanks
- The Rise of Magic in Early Medieval Europe by Valerie I.J. Flint
- Living Presence: A Sufi Way to Mindfulness and the Essential Self by Kabir Edmund Helminski
- The Essential Writings of Frithjof Schuon edited by Seyyed Hossein Nasr
- Invitation to Love: The Way of Christian Contemplation by Thomas Keating
- The Enlightened Heart: An Anthology of Sacred Poetry edited by Stephen Mitchell
- The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton, read by Sidney Lanier
- The Boy Who Made Dragonfly: A Zuni Myth as told by Tony Hillerman, read by Debra Winger
- The Golden Key: A Fairy Tale by George Macdonald, read by Michael Zebulon
- The Mystic Quest: An Introduction to Jewish Mysticism by David S. Ariel
- When Nietzsche Wept: A Novel of Obsession by Irvin D. Yalom
- Care of the Soul by Thomas Moore
- Plants of the Gods: Their Sacred, Healing, and Hallucinogenic Powers by Richard Evans Schultes and Albert Hofmann
- The San Francisco Oracle Facsimile Edition edited by Allen Cohen
The Accidental Shaman: Journeys with Plant Teachers and Other Spirit Allies
Charing, Howard G
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
After surviving a serious elevator crash in London, Howard G. Charing found he had developed healing touch as well as the ability to hear voices and experience visions--just as a healer in Italy had predicted only a week before the accident. He began using his abilities to heal but felt he needed more guidance and training. He first connected with a national spiritual healing organization, only to be told he was doing everything wrong. Then, through a friend, he discovered shamanism.
The Voynich Manuscript
Yale University Press
Many call the fifteenth-century codex, commonly known as the Voynich Manuscript, the world s most mysterious book. Written in an unknown script by an unknown author, the manuscript has no clearer purpose now than when it was rediscovered in 1912 by rare books dealer Wilfrid Voynich. The manuscript appears and disappears throughout history, from the library of the Holy Roman Emperor Rudolf II to a secret sale of books in 1903 by the Society of Jesus in Rome. The book s language has eluded deciphe...More
W.W. Norton & Co. Inc.
Neil Gaiman has long been inspired by ancient mythology in creating the fantastical realms of his fiction. Now he turns his attention back to the source, presenting a bravura rendition of the great northern tales.
In Norse Mythology, Gaiman stays true to the myths in envisioning the major Norse pantheon: Odin, the highest of the high, wise, daring, and cunning; Thor, Odin's son, incredibly strong yet not the wisest of gods; and Loki--son of a giant--blood brother to Odin and a trick...
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...