New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 26: Psychedelics and the Path. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO26, GNO26
"I see psychedelics as a catalyst and a door opener; I don't see them as a full path."
-Ram Dass, from The GNOSIS Interview with Ram Dass
Contents -- Winter 1993
Rain Forest Rant
A column by Ted Schultz
Viewing Drugs Rationally
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Introduction: The Fires of Artifice
by Richard Smoley
Do psychedelics really tell you the truth about yourself?
Mysticism: Contemplative and Chemical
by Roger Walsh
How "artificial" experiences compare with the ecstasies of contemplatives.
Drugs and the Path
Truth, illusions, and punctured auras - a variety of spiritual teachers give their views.
Using Drugs Wisely
by Myron J. Stolaroff
A veteran researcher suggests how to get the best out of psychedelic experience.
Psychedelics: A First-Amendment Right
by a Psychedelicist
Should mind-changing drugs be protected by the Constitution?
Two Classic Trips
by Thomas Riedlinger
Adelle Davis loved it, but it was a bummer for Jean-Paul Sartre.
The GNOSIS Interview with Ram Dass
by Jay Kinney and Richard Smoley
A lively discussion about LSD, spirituality, the '60s, and gurus.
The Sobriety That Surpasses Intoxication
by Kabir Helminski
Does traditional spirituality offer something better than drugs?
by Bruce Eisner
What the rave scene and cutting-edge psychology have in common.
Gracie's Visible Language
by Gracie & Zarkov
Why language may be "the most alien artifact we have."
Gerald Heard: Soul Guide to the Beyond Within
by John V. Cody
A glimpse of the visionary who turned on the California elite years before Timothy Leary.
- Brother Twelve by John Oliphant, foreword by Colin Wilson
- Thrice Greatest Hermes: Studies in Hellenistic Theosophy and Gnosis by G.R.S. Mead
- Plotinus: The Enneads: A New, Unabridged, and Definitive Edition of the Classic Translation by Stephen MacKenna
- Egypt: Moulids, Saints, Sufis by Nicholass H. Biegman
- The Dervish Lodge: Architecture, Art, and Sufism in Ottoman Turkey edited by Raymond Lifchez
- Islamic Spirituality II: Manifestations edited by Seyyed Hossein Nasr
- Understanding the Dead Sea Scrolls: A Reader from the Biblical Archaeology Review edited by Hershel Shanks
- The Rise of Magic in Early Medieval Europe by Valerie I.J. Flint
- Living Presence: A Sufi Way to Mindfulness and the Essential Self by Kabir Edmund Helminski
- The Essential Writings of Frithjof Schuon edited by Seyyed Hossein Nasr
- Invitation to Love: The Way of Christian Contemplation by Thomas Keating
- The Enlightened Heart: An Anthology of Sacred Poetry edited by Stephen Mitchell
- The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton, read by Sidney Lanier
- The Boy Who Made Dragonfly: A Zuni Myth as told by Tony Hillerman, read by Debra Winger
- The Golden Key: A Fairy Tale by George Macdonald, read by Michael Zebulon
- The Mystic Quest: An Introduction to Jewish Mysticism by David S. Ariel
- When Nietzsche Wept: A Novel of Obsession by Irvin D. Yalom
- Care of the Soul by Thomas Moore
- Plants of the Gods: Their Sacred, Healing, and Hallucinogenic Powers by Richard Evans Schultes and Albert Hofmann
- The San Francisco Oracle Facsimile Edition edited by Allen Cohen
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More