New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 25: Groups and Communities. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO25, GNO25
"Does the Church in our time foster the inner life? Rarely. Does the Church hold the keys to a new consciousness? Yes."
- Theodore J. Nottingham, from The Church and the Inner Life
Contents -- Fall 1992
In Defense of Humans
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Introduction: Getting Real About Getting Together
by Jay Kinney
The collective enterprise - you can't live with it and you can't live without it.
Symposium: The Spirituality of the Future
Several spiritual teachers, writers, and thinkers give their views of where we're headed.
The Church and the Inner Life
by Theodore J. Nottingham
Can a living spirituality still be found in today's churches?
The Quiet Revolution
by Robin Waterfield
How the Brothers and Sisters of the Common Life helped revive medieval Christianity.
Is the Men's Movement a Religion?
by Charles Upton
What are the spiritual implications of Robert Bly's Iron John?
Divining the Beloved Community
by D. Jean Collins
On finding spiritual friendship in South Central Los Angeles.
The Diamond Approach: An Interview with A.H. Almaas
by Richard Smoley
The originator of a new synthesis of psychology and spirituality discusses authentic being, group work, and the search for God.
Grapes Ripen Smiling at One Another
by Kabir Helminski
Why the group process is necessary for individual growth in Sufism.
Black Gods of the Inner City
A brief history of the turbulent and multifarious Nation of Islam.
- The Myth of the Goddess: Evolution of an Image by Anne Baring and Jules Cashford
- The Civilization of the Goddess: The World of Old Europe by Marija Gimbutas
- Boehme: An Intellectual Biography of the Seventeenth-Century Philosopher and Mystic by Andrew Weeks
- Science, Meaning, and Evolution: The Cosmology of Jacob Boehme by Basarab Nicolescu, translated by Rob Baker
- Magic: The Principles of Higher Knowledge by Karl von Eckartshausen, translated and edited by Gerhard Hanswille and Deborah Brunlishe
- Golgonooza, City of Imagination: Last Studies in William Blake by Kathleen Raine
- Absence from Felicity: The Story of Helen Schucman and Her Scribing of A Course in Miracles by Kenneth Wapnick
- Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles by Marianne Williamson
- On the Composition of Images, Signs, and Ideas by Giordano Bruno, translated by Charles Doria, edited and annotated by Dick Higgins
- Gnosis: Study and Commentaries on the Esoteric Tradition of Eastern Orthodoxy, Book 2 by Boris Mouravieff, translated by S.A. Wissa, Manek d'Oncieu, and Robin Amis
- The Changing Light at Sandover by James Merrill
- Principia Discordia, or, How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her by Malaclypse the Younger, new edition with introduction by Kerry W. Thornley
- William Blake Tarot Triumphs created by Ed Buryn
- The Magical Mind by Imre Vallyon
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
Gateways Through Light and Shadow
Chassan, Frater Ashen
One of only 1000 Signed limited edition hardcover copies. Individually hand bound with silver foil stamping, 70lbs acid neutral paper. Printed in two colors with over 140 illustration!
Gateways Through Light and Shadow is the second book by Bryan Garner, known to his fellow ceremonial magicians as Frater Ashen Chassan, and in it we are again offered the illuminating opportunity to observe and learn from a practicing magus engaged in his Work. Once more he offers instruction in the pro...
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...