New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 25: Groups and Communities. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO25, GNO25
"Does the Church in our time foster the inner life? Rarely. Does the Church hold the keys to a new consciousness? Yes."
- Theodore J. Nottingham, from The Church and the Inner Life
Contents -- Fall 1992
In Defense of Humans
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Introduction: Getting Real About Getting Together
by Jay Kinney
The collective enterprise - you can't live with it and you can't live without it.
Symposium: The Spirituality of the Future
Several spiritual teachers, writers, and thinkers give their views of where we're headed.
The Church and the Inner Life
by Theodore J. Nottingham
Can a living spirituality still be found in today's churches?
The Quiet Revolution
by Robin Waterfield
How the Brothers and Sisters of the Common Life helped revive medieval Christianity.
Is the Men's Movement a Religion?
by Charles Upton
What are the spiritual implications of Robert Bly's Iron John?
Divining the Beloved Community
by D. Jean Collins
On finding spiritual friendship in South Central Los Angeles.
The Diamond Approach: An Interview with A.H. Almaas
by Richard Smoley
The originator of a new synthesis of psychology and spirituality discusses authentic being, group work, and the search for God.
Grapes Ripen Smiling at One Another
by Kabir Helminski
Why the group process is necessary for individual growth in Sufism.
Black Gods of the Inner City
A brief history of the turbulent and multifarious Nation of Islam.
- The Myth of the Goddess: Evolution of an Image by Anne Baring and Jules Cashford
- The Civilization of the Goddess: The World of Old Europe by Marija Gimbutas
- Boehme: An Intellectual Biography of the Seventeenth-Century Philosopher and Mystic by Andrew Weeks
- Science, Meaning, and Evolution: The Cosmology of Jacob Boehme by Basarab Nicolescu, translated by Rob Baker
- Magic: The Principles of Higher Knowledge by Karl von Eckartshausen, translated and edited by Gerhard Hanswille and Deborah Brunlishe
- Golgonooza, City of Imagination: Last Studies in William Blake by Kathleen Raine
- Absence from Felicity: The Story of Helen Schucman and Her Scribing of A Course in Miracles by Kenneth Wapnick
- Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles by Marianne Williamson
- On the Composition of Images, Signs, and Ideas by Giordano Bruno, translated by Charles Doria, edited and annotated by Dick Higgins
- Gnosis: Study and Commentaries on the Esoteric Tradition of Eastern Orthodoxy, Book 2 by Boris Mouravieff, translated by S.A. Wissa, Manek d'Oncieu, and Robin Amis
- The Changing Light at Sandover by James Merrill
- Principia Discordia, or, How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her by Malaclypse the Younger, new edition with introduction by Kerry W. Thornley
- William Blake Tarot Triumphs created by Ed Buryn
- The Magical Mind by Imre Vallyon
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More