New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 23: Gnosticism Revisited. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO23, GNO23
"Whatever the virtues of Gnosticism, this journal has always resisted being identified as a rallying point for a specifically gnostic movement. This in part because, as our name indicates, our allegiance is to gnosis itself - not to a latter-day 'Gnosticism' derived primarily from second-century sources."
- Jay Kinney, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1992
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Gimme a Break, Sheldrake
A column by Ted Schultz
Introduction: Shadowboxing with God
by Jay Kinney
What does Gnosticism have to do with gnosis?
Attack of the Archons
by James B. DeKorne
If the archons are the enemy, they may be us.
What Is a Gnostic?
by Stephan A. Hoeller
Suggestions for pinning down this slippery term.
The Seed of Light
by Chas S. Clifton
Did the ancient Gnostics practice sacramental sex?
Gnosticism and Social Action
by Charles Upton
How does a Gnostic change the world?
Tongues of Fire, Gifts of Noise
by Erik Davis
No, information isn't knowledge. But it can be some help along the way.
Imagination and the Sacred: An Interview with Kathleen Raine
by Jay Kinney
The noted poet and scholar discusses art and spirituality in today's world.
Caliban's Masque: Spiritual Anarchy and the Wild Man in Colonial America
by Peter Lamborn Wilson
Had American history gone differently, we might have ended up with a religion of the Wild Man.
- A History of Gnosticism by Giovanni Filoramo, translated by Anthony Alcock
- The Beginnings of Christianity: Essene Mystery, Gnostic Revelation, and the Christian Vision by Andrew Welburn
- Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom: The Divine Feminine from Black Goddess to World Soul by Caitlin Matthews
- The Mystery of the Seven Vowels in Theory and Practice by Joscelyn Godwin
- Angels and Aliens: UFOs and the Mythic Imagination by Keith Thompson
- In Pursuit of VALIS: Selections from the Exegesis by Philip K. Dick, edited by Lawrence Sutin, with introduction by Jay Kinney and afterword by Terence McKenna
- Money and the Meaning of Life by Jacob Needleman
- PIHKAL: A Chemical Love Story by Alexander Shulgin and Ann Shulgin
- Ecstasies: Deciphering the Witches' Sabbath by Carlo Ginzburg
- The Magical Revival by Kenneth Grant
- Company of Prophets: African American Psychics, Healers, and Visionaries by Joyce Elaine Noll
- Meditating as a Christian: Waiting upon God by Peter Toon
- Twelve-Tribe Nations and the Science of Enchanting the Landscape by John Michell and Christine Rhone
- Happiness without Death: Desert Hymns by Assad Ali, translated by Camille Adams Helminski, Kabir Helminski, and Ibrahim Al-Shihabi
- Words of Power: Sacred Sounds of East and West by Brian and Esther Crowley
Gateways Through Light and Shadow
Chassan, Frater Ashen
One of only 1000 Signed limited edition hardcover copies. Individually hand bound with silver foil stamping, 70lbs acid neutral paper. Printed in two colors with over 140 illustration!
Gateways Through Light and Shadow is the second book by Bryan Garner, known to his fellow ceremonial magicians as Frater Ashen Chassan, and in it we are again offered the illuminating opportunity to observe and learn from a practicing magus engaged in his Work. Once more he offers instruction in the pro...
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More