New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 23: Gnosticism Revisited. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO23, GNO23
"Whatever the virtues of Gnosticism, this journal has always resisted being identified as a rallying point for a specifically gnostic movement. This in part because, as our name indicates, our allegiance is to gnosis itself - not to a latter-day 'Gnosticism' derived primarily from second-century sources."
- Jay Kinney, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1992
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Gimme a Break, Sheldrake
A column by Ted Schultz
Introduction: Shadowboxing with God
by Jay Kinney
What does Gnosticism have to do with gnosis?
Attack of the Archons
by James B. DeKorne
If the archons are the enemy, they may be us.
What Is a Gnostic?
by Stephan A. Hoeller
Suggestions for pinning down this slippery term.
The Seed of Light
by Chas S. Clifton
Did the ancient Gnostics practice sacramental sex?
Gnosticism and Social Action
by Charles Upton
How does a Gnostic change the world?
Tongues of Fire, Gifts of Noise
by Erik Davis
No, information isn't knowledge. But it can be some help along the way.
Imagination and the Sacred: An Interview with Kathleen Raine
by Jay Kinney
The noted poet and scholar discusses art and spirituality in today's world.
Caliban's Masque: Spiritual Anarchy and the Wild Man in Colonial America
by Peter Lamborn Wilson
Had American history gone differently, we might have ended up with a religion of the Wild Man.
- A History of Gnosticism by Giovanni Filoramo, translated by Anthony Alcock
- The Beginnings of Christianity: Essene Mystery, Gnostic Revelation, and the Christian Vision by Andrew Welburn
- Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom: The Divine Feminine from Black Goddess to World Soul by Caitlin Matthews
- The Mystery of the Seven Vowels in Theory and Practice by Joscelyn Godwin
- Angels and Aliens: UFOs and the Mythic Imagination by Keith Thompson
- In Pursuit of VALIS: Selections from the Exegesis by Philip K. Dick, edited by Lawrence Sutin, with introduction by Jay Kinney and afterword by Terence McKenna
- Money and the Meaning of Life by Jacob Needleman
- PIHKAL: A Chemical Love Story by Alexander Shulgin and Ann Shulgin
- Ecstasies: Deciphering the Witches' Sabbath by Carlo Ginzburg
- The Magical Revival by Kenneth Grant
- Company of Prophets: African American Psychics, Healers, and Visionaries by Joyce Elaine Noll
- Meditating as a Christian: Waiting upon God by Peter Toon
- Twelve-Tribe Nations and the Science of Enchanting the Landscape by John Michell and Christine Rhone
- Happiness without Death: Desert Hymns by Assad Ali, translated by Camille Adams Helminski, Kabir Helminski, and Ibrahim Al-Shihabi
- Words of Power: Sacred Sounds of East and West by Brian and Esther Crowley
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...