New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 23: Gnosticism Revisited. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO23, GNO23
"Whatever the virtues of Gnosticism, this journal has always resisted being identified as a rallying point for a specifically gnostic movement. This in part because, as our name indicates, our allegiance is to gnosis itself - not to a latter-day 'Gnosticism' derived primarily from second-century sources."
- Jay Kinney, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1992
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Gimme a Break, Sheldrake
A column by Ted Schultz
Introduction: Shadowboxing with God
by Jay Kinney
What does Gnosticism have to do with gnosis?
Attack of the Archons
by James B. DeKorne
If the archons are the enemy, they may be us.
What Is a Gnostic?
by Stephan A. Hoeller
Suggestions for pinning down this slippery term.
The Seed of Light
by Chas S. Clifton
Did the ancient Gnostics practice sacramental sex?
Gnosticism and Social Action
by Charles Upton
How does a Gnostic change the world?
Tongues of Fire, Gifts of Noise
by Erik Davis
No, information isn't knowledge. But it can be some help along the way.
Imagination and the Sacred: An Interview with Kathleen Raine
by Jay Kinney
The noted poet and scholar discusses art and spirituality in today's world.
Caliban's Masque: Spiritual Anarchy and the Wild Man in Colonial America
by Peter Lamborn Wilson
Had American history gone differently, we might have ended up with a religion of the Wild Man.
- A History of Gnosticism by Giovanni Filoramo, translated by Anthony Alcock
- The Beginnings of Christianity: Essene Mystery, Gnostic Revelation, and the Christian Vision by Andrew Welburn
- Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom: The Divine Feminine from Black Goddess to World Soul by Caitlin Matthews
- The Mystery of the Seven Vowels in Theory and Practice by Joscelyn Godwin
- Angels and Aliens: UFOs and the Mythic Imagination by Keith Thompson
- In Pursuit of VALIS: Selections from the Exegesis by Philip K. Dick, edited by Lawrence Sutin, with introduction by Jay Kinney and afterword by Terence McKenna
- Money and the Meaning of Life by Jacob Needleman
- PIHKAL: A Chemical Love Story by Alexander Shulgin and Ann Shulgin
- Ecstasies: Deciphering the Witches' Sabbath by Carlo Ginzburg
- The Magical Revival by Kenneth Grant
- Company of Prophets: African American Psychics, Healers, and Visionaries by Joyce Elaine Noll
- Meditating as a Christian: Waiting upon God by Peter Toon
- Twelve-Tribe Nations and the Science of Enchanting the Landscape by John Michell and Christine Rhone
- Happiness without Death: Desert Hymns by Assad Ali, translated by Camille Adams Helminski, Kabir Helminski, and Ibrahim Al-Shihabi
- Words of Power: Sacred Sounds of East and West by Brian and Esther Crowley
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...