New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 23: Gnosticism Revisited. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO23, GNO23
"Whatever the virtues of Gnosticism, this journal has always resisted being identified as a rallying point for a specifically gnostic movement. This in part because, as our name indicates, our allegiance is to gnosis itself - not to a latter-day 'Gnosticism' derived primarily from second-century sources."
- Jay Kinney, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1992
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Gimme a Break, Sheldrake
A column by Ted Schultz
Introduction: Shadowboxing with God
by Jay Kinney
What does Gnosticism have to do with gnosis?
Attack of the Archons
by James B. DeKorne
If the archons are the enemy, they may be us.
What Is a Gnostic?
by Stephan A. Hoeller
Suggestions for pinning down this slippery term.
The Seed of Light
by Chas S. Clifton
Did the ancient Gnostics practice sacramental sex?
Gnosticism and Social Action
by Charles Upton
How does a Gnostic change the world?
Tongues of Fire, Gifts of Noise
by Erik Davis
No, information isn't knowledge. But it can be some help along the way.
Imagination and the Sacred: An Interview with Kathleen Raine
by Jay Kinney
The noted poet and scholar discusses art and spirituality in today's world.
Caliban's Masque: Spiritual Anarchy and the Wild Man in Colonial America
by Peter Lamborn Wilson
Had American history gone differently, we might have ended up with a religion of the Wild Man.
- A History of Gnosticism by Giovanni Filoramo, translated by Anthony Alcock
- The Beginnings of Christianity: Essene Mystery, Gnostic Revelation, and the Christian Vision by Andrew Welburn
- Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom: The Divine Feminine from Black Goddess to World Soul by Caitlin Matthews
- The Mystery of the Seven Vowels in Theory and Practice by Joscelyn Godwin
- Angels and Aliens: UFOs and the Mythic Imagination by Keith Thompson
- In Pursuit of VALIS: Selections from the Exegesis by Philip K. Dick, edited by Lawrence Sutin, with introduction by Jay Kinney and afterword by Terence McKenna
- Money and the Meaning of Life by Jacob Needleman
- PIHKAL: A Chemical Love Story by Alexander Shulgin and Ann Shulgin
- Ecstasies: Deciphering the Witches' Sabbath by Carlo Ginzburg
- The Magical Revival by Kenneth Grant
- Company of Prophets: African American Psychics, Healers, and Visionaries by Joyce Elaine Noll
- Meditating as a Christian: Waiting upon God by Peter Toon
- Twelve-Tribe Nations and the Science of Enchanting the Landscape by John Michell and Christine Rhone
- Happiness without Death: Desert Hymns by Assad Ali, translated by Camille Adams Helminski, Kabir Helminski, and Ibrahim Al-Shihabi
- Words of Power: Sacred Sounds of East and West by Brian and Esther Crowley
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More