New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 22: Dreams. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO22R, GNO22R
"Esoteric teachings suggest that, rather than being 'illusory' compared to the 'real' world of waking life, the dream world is indeed real. Some traditions, like those of the Australian
aborigines, even suggest that the forms of the 'Dreamtime' underpin earthly reality."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Winter 1992
A Letter to Readers
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
The Streams of Life
A column by Ted Schultz
Special Forum: Gurdjieff and the Fourth Way
Introduction: Are Dreams for Real?
by Richard Smoley
Many traditions suggest a dream world that underpins earthly reality.
The Dark Speech of God
by Michael McNierney
Early Christians gave a surprising prominence to dreams and visions
Portals of Sleep
by Charles A. Coulombe
To the ancient Celts, dreams were a door to the land of Faerie.
The Dreaming Universe
by Fred Alan Wolf
A physicist explores how quantum physics may revise of notion of both dreams and waking reality.
The Promise of Shared Dreaming
by Barbara Shor
A dreamworker reports on group experiments in dreaming a common dream.
The Body's Role in Dreaming
by Luke Lukens
How the psychological technique of focusing uses your body's wisdom to find meaning in dreams.
Dreams and the Sufi Path
by Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee
How Sufi mystics have worked with dreams down through the centuries.
The Dream of the Sleeper
by Refik Algan
Sufi teachings on how dreams mirror our stages of growth on the spiritual path.
The Dream Question of the Kabbalah
by Ariel Bar-Tzadok
A kabbalistic invocation for requesting divine answers through dreams.
The Weighing of the Heart
by D. Jean Collins
What kind of ethics does dreamwork require today?
The Zen of Christianity
by Theodore J. Nottingham
The German master Karlfried Graf Durckheim blended Western and Eastern approaches in his "initiation therapy."
- Sacred Path Cards by Jamie Sams, illustrations by Linda Childers
- A Voice from the Earth: The Cards of Winds and Changes by Judith Pintar
- Karma Cards by Monte Farber, illustrations by Linda Garland
- The Phoenix Cards by Susan Sheppard, illustrated by Toni Taylor
- Nature Religion in America: From the Algonkian Indians to the New Age by Catherine L. Albanese
- Drumming at the Edge of Magic: A Journey into the Spirit of Percussion by Mickey Hart with Jay Stevens
- Encountering Mary: From La Salette to Medjugorje by Sandra L. Zimdars-Swartz
- Cosmic Trigger II: Down to Earth by Robert Anton Wilson
- The Sabbath in the Classical Kabbalah by Elliot K. Ginsburg
- Sod Ha-Shabbat: The Mystery of the Sabbath translated with a critical commentary by Elliot K. Ginsburg
- Amrita: Essays in Magical Rejuvenation by Aleister Crowley
- Konx Om Pax: Essays in Light by Aleister Crowley
- Snowdrops from a Curate's Garden by Aleister Crowley
- The Gospel According to Jesus translated with notes and commentary by Stephen Mitchell
- Labyrinths: Ancient Myths and Modern Uses by Sig Lonegren
- Freemasonry: A Journey through Ritual and Symbol by W. Kirk MacNulty
- Distorted Imagination: Lessons from the Rushdie Affair by Ziauddin Sardar and Merryl Wyn Davies
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...