New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 22: Dreams. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO22R, GNO22R
"Esoteric teachings suggest that, rather than being 'illusory' compared to the 'real' world of waking life, the dream world is indeed real. Some traditions, like those of the Australian
aborigines, even suggest that the forms of the 'Dreamtime' underpin earthly reality."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Winter 1992
A Letter to Readers
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
The Streams of Life
A column by Ted Schultz
Special Forum: Gurdjieff and the Fourth Way
Introduction: Are Dreams for Real?
by Richard Smoley
Many traditions suggest a dream world that underpins earthly reality.
The Dark Speech of God
by Michael McNierney
Early Christians gave a surprising prominence to dreams and visions
Portals of Sleep
by Charles A. Coulombe
To the ancient Celts, dreams were a door to the land of Faerie.
The Dreaming Universe
by Fred Alan Wolf
A physicist explores how quantum physics may revise of notion of both dreams and waking reality.
The Promise of Shared Dreaming
by Barbara Shor
A dreamworker reports on group experiments in dreaming a common dream.
The Body's Role in Dreaming
by Luke Lukens
How the psychological technique of focusing uses your body's wisdom to find meaning in dreams.
Dreams and the Sufi Path
by Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee
How Sufi mystics have worked with dreams down through the centuries.
The Dream of the Sleeper
by Refik Algan
Sufi teachings on how dreams mirror our stages of growth on the spiritual path.
The Dream Question of the Kabbalah
by Ariel Bar-Tzadok
A kabbalistic invocation for requesting divine answers through dreams.
The Weighing of the Heart
by D. Jean Collins
What kind of ethics does dreamwork require today?
The Zen of Christianity
by Theodore J. Nottingham
The German master Karlfried Graf Durckheim blended Western and Eastern approaches in his "initiation therapy."
- Sacred Path Cards by Jamie Sams, illustrations by Linda Childers
- A Voice from the Earth: The Cards of Winds and Changes by Judith Pintar
- Karma Cards by Monte Farber, illustrations by Linda Garland
- The Phoenix Cards by Susan Sheppard, illustrated by Toni Taylor
- Nature Religion in America: From the Algonkian Indians to the New Age by Catherine L. Albanese
- Drumming at the Edge of Magic: A Journey into the Spirit of Percussion by Mickey Hart with Jay Stevens
- Encountering Mary: From La Salette to Medjugorje by Sandra L. Zimdars-Swartz
- Cosmic Trigger II: Down to Earth by Robert Anton Wilson
- The Sabbath in the Classical Kabbalah by Elliot K. Ginsburg
- Sod Ha-Shabbat: The Mystery of the Sabbath translated with a critical commentary by Elliot K. Ginsburg
- Amrita: Essays in Magical Rejuvenation by Aleister Crowley
- Konx Om Pax: Essays in Light by Aleister Crowley
- Snowdrops from a Curate's Garden by Aleister Crowley
- The Gospel According to Jesus translated with notes and commentary by Stephen Mitchell
- Labyrinths: Ancient Myths and Modern Uses by Sig Lonegren
- Freemasonry: A Journey through Ritual and Symbol by W. Kirk MacNulty
- Distorted Imagination: Lessons from the Rushdie Affair by Ziauddin Sardar and Merryl Wyn Davies
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
Gateways Through Light and Shadow
Chassan, Frater Ashen
One of only 1000 Signed limited edition hardcover copies. Individually hand bound with silver foil stamping, 70lbs acid neutral paper. Printed in two colors with over 140 illustration!
Gateways Through Light and Shadow is the second book by Bryan Garner, known to his fellow ceremonial magicians as Frater Ashen Chassan, and in it we are again offered the illuminating opportunity to observe and learn from a practicing magus engaged in his Work. Once more he offers instruction in the pro...