New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 22: Dreams. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO22R, GNO22R
Please inquire for availability
"Esoteric teachings suggest that, rather than being 'illusory' compared to the 'real' world of waking life, the dream world is indeed real. Some traditions, like those of the Australian
aborigines, even suggest that the forms of the 'Dreamtime' underpin earthly reality."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Winter 1992
A Letter to Readers
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
The Streams of Life
A column by Ted Schultz
Special Forum: Gurdjieff and the Fourth Way
Introduction: Are Dreams for Real?
by Richard Smoley
Many traditions suggest a dream world that underpins earthly reality.
The Dark Speech of God
by Michael McNierney
Early Christians gave a surprising prominence to dreams and visions
Portals of Sleep
by Charles A. Coulombe
To the ancient Celts, dreams were a door to the land of Faerie.
The Dreaming Universe
by Fred Alan Wolf
A physicist explores how quantum physics may revise of notion of both dreams and waking reality.
The Promise of Shared Dreaming
by Barbara Shor
A dreamworker reports on group experiments in dreaming a common dream.
The Body's Role in Dreaming
by Luke Lukens
How the psychological technique of focusing uses your body's wisdom to find meaning in dreams.
Dreams and the Sufi Path
by Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee
How Sufi mystics have worked with dreams down through the centuries.
The Dream of the Sleeper
by Refik Algan
Sufi teachings on how dreams mirror our stages of growth on the spiritual path.
The Dream Question of the Kabbalah
by Ariel Bar-Tzadok
A kabbalistic invocation for requesting divine answers through dreams.
The Weighing of the Heart
by D. Jean Collins
What kind of ethics does dreamwork require today?
The Zen of Christianity
by Theodore J. Nottingham
The German master Karlfried Graf Durckheim blended Western and Eastern approaches in his "initiation therapy."
- Sacred Path Cards by Jamie Sams, illustrations by Linda Childers
- A Voice from the Earth: The Cards of Winds and Changes by Judith Pintar
- Karma Cards by Monte Farber, illustrations by Linda Garland
- The Phoenix Cards by Susan Sheppard, illustrated by Toni Taylor
- Nature Religion in America: From the Algonkian Indians to the New Age by Catherine L. Albanese
- Drumming at the Edge of Magic: A Journey into the Spirit of Percussion by Mickey Hart with Jay Stevens
- Encountering Mary: From La Salette to Medjugorje by Sandra L. Zimdars-Swartz
- Cosmic Trigger II: Down to Earth by Robert Anton Wilson
- The Sabbath in the Classical Kabbalah by Elliot K. Ginsburg
- Sod Ha-Shabbat: The Mystery of the Sabbath translated with a critical commentary by Elliot K. Ginsburg
- Amrita: Essays in Magical Rejuvenation by Aleister Crowley
- Konx Om Pax: Essays in Light by Aleister Crowley
- Snowdrops from a Curate's Garden by Aleister Crowley
- The Gospel According to Jesus translated with notes and commentary by Stephen Mitchell
- Labyrinths: Ancient Myths and Modern Uses by Sig Lonegren
- Freemasonry: A Journey through Ritual and Symbol by W. Kirk MacNulty
- Distorted Imagination: Lessons from the Rushdie Affair by Ziauddin Sardar and Merryl Wyn Davies
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More