New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 21: Holy War. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO21, GNO21
"Courage is not the absence
of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than one's fear. The timid
presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not. But to take action when one is not afraid is easy. To refrain when afraid is also easy. To take action regardless of fear is brave."
— Ambrose Hollingworth Redmoon, from No Peaceful Warriors!
Contents -- Fall 1991
A column by Ted Schultz
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Introduction: The Shotgun Wedding
by Jay Kinney
Why the marriage of religion and politics ought to end in divorce.
Jihad: Islam's Struggle for Truth
by Vincent J. Cornell
To Muslims, jihad means much more than "holy war."
Soldiers of Christ
by Charles A. Coulombe
How the Roman Catholic ideal expressed itself in chivalry and the Crusades.
War on High: An Interview with Elizabeth Clare Prophet
by Jay Kinney and Richard Smoley
This controversial figure speaks out on fallen angels, the power elite, nuclear war, and her own career.
Reconciling Hawk and Dove
by Judy Harrow
Can the lion and the lamb learn how to lie down together?
No Peaceful Warriors!
by Ambrose Hollingworth Redmoon
Is "peaceful warrior" a contradiction in terms?
Warfare Without and Within
by John Garvey
In Eastern Orthodoxy, the real enemy is one you can't see.
Hildegard of Bingen, Warrior of Light
by Elaine Bellezza
This remarkable woman kept alive an image of the Divine Feminine in the Middle Ages.
- Crafting the Art of Magic (Book I) by Aidan A. Kelly
- Circular Evidence: A Detailed Investigation of the Flattened Swirled Crops Phenomenon by Pat Delgado and Colin Andrews
- Crop Circles: The Latest Evidence by Pat Delgado and Colin Andrews
- The Crop Circle Enigma edited by Ralph Noyes
- Real Presences by George Steiner
- The Nine Doors of Midgard: A Complete Curriculum of Rune Magic by Edred Thorsson
- Words Made Flesh: Artificial Intelligence, Humanity, and the Cosmos by Ramsey Dukes
- Earth God Rising: The Return of the Male Mysteries by Alan Richardson
- The One-Year Manual by Israel Regardie
- Teutonic Magic: The Magical and Spiritual Practices of the Germanic Peoples by Kveldulf Gundarsson
- Cherotic Magic by Frank Moore
- The Vision of the Eagle: The Heart of Celtic Christianity: Homily on the Prologue to the Gospel of St. John by John Scotus Eriugena, translated with an introduction and reflections by Christopher Bamford
- In Pursuit of Satan: The Police and the Occult by Robert D. Hicks
- Castration and Male Rage: The Phallic Wound by Eugene Monick
- The Magical World of the Inklings: J.R.R. Tolkein, C.S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and Owen Barfield by Gareth Knight
- Divine Madness: Archetypes of Romantic Love by John R. Haule
- Holy Wars: The Rise of Islamic Fundamentalism by Dilip Hiro
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
Gateways Through Light and Shadow
Chassan, Frater Ashen
One of only 1000 Signed limited edition hardcover copies. Individually hand bound with silver foil stamping, 70lbs acid neutral paper. Printed in two colors with over 140 illustration!
Gateways Through Light and Shadow is the second book by Bryan Garner, known to his fellow ceremonial magicians as Frater Ashen Chassan, and in it we are again offered the illuminating opportunity to observe and learn from a practicing magus engaged in his Work. Once more he offers instruction in the pro...
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More