New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 21: Holy War. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO21, GNO21
"Courage is not the absence
of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than one's fear. The timid
presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not. But to take action when one is not afraid is easy. To refrain when afraid is also easy. To take action regardless of fear is brave."
— Ambrose Hollingworth Redmoon, from No Peaceful Warriors!
Contents -- Fall 1991
A column by Ted Schultz
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Introduction: The Shotgun Wedding
by Jay Kinney
Why the marriage of religion and politics ought to end in divorce.
Jihad: Islam's Struggle for Truth
by Vincent J. Cornell
To Muslims, jihad means much more than "holy war."
Soldiers of Christ
by Charles A. Coulombe
How the Roman Catholic ideal expressed itself in chivalry and the Crusades.
War on High: An Interview with Elizabeth Clare Prophet
by Jay Kinney and Richard Smoley
This controversial figure speaks out on fallen angels, the power elite, nuclear war, and her own career.
Reconciling Hawk and Dove
by Judy Harrow
Can the lion and the lamb learn how to lie down together?
No Peaceful Warriors!
by Ambrose Hollingworth Redmoon
Is "peaceful warrior" a contradiction in terms?
Warfare Without and Within
by John Garvey
In Eastern Orthodoxy, the real enemy is one you can't see.
Hildegard of Bingen, Warrior of Light
by Elaine Bellezza
This remarkable woman kept alive an image of the Divine Feminine in the Middle Ages.
- Crafting the Art of Magic (Book I) by Aidan A. Kelly
- Circular Evidence: A Detailed Investigation of the Flattened Swirled Crops Phenomenon by Pat Delgado and Colin Andrews
- Crop Circles: The Latest Evidence by Pat Delgado and Colin Andrews
- The Crop Circle Enigma edited by Ralph Noyes
- Real Presences by George Steiner
- The Nine Doors of Midgard: A Complete Curriculum of Rune Magic by Edred Thorsson
- Words Made Flesh: Artificial Intelligence, Humanity, and the Cosmos by Ramsey Dukes
- Earth God Rising: The Return of the Male Mysteries by Alan Richardson
- The One-Year Manual by Israel Regardie
- Teutonic Magic: The Magical and Spiritual Practices of the Germanic Peoples by Kveldulf Gundarsson
- Cherotic Magic by Frank Moore
- The Vision of the Eagle: The Heart of Celtic Christianity: Homily on the Prologue to the Gospel of St. John by John Scotus Eriugena, translated with an introduction and reflections by Christopher Bamford
- In Pursuit of Satan: The Police and the Occult by Robert D. Hicks
- Castration and Male Rage: The Phallic Wound by Eugene Monick
- The Magical World of the Inklings: J.R.R. Tolkein, C.S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and Owen Barfield by Gareth Knight
- Divine Madness: Archetypes of Romantic Love by John R. Haule
- Holy Wars: The Rise of Islamic Fundamentalism by Dilip Hiro
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...