New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 20: Gurdjieff and the Fourth Way. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO20R, GNO20R
Contents -- Summer 1991
The Spirit in Health and Disease
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
The Razor's Edge
A column by Ted Schultz
Meetings With a Remarkable Paradox
by Richard Smoley
A glimpse into Gurdjieff's rich and mysterious life.
The Fourth Way and Inner Transformation
by Theodore J. Nottingham
Steps to the evolution of the self.
The Cosmology of the Fourth Way
by Walter Scheer
Where man fits into the universe, according to Gurdjieff.
The Essence of the Work: An Interview with Jacob Needleman
by Richard Smoley & Jay Kinney
The well-known author and student of the Gurdjieff teachings gives his views of the Work.
The Work Today
by Joel Friedlander
Gurdjieff's ideas live on in a variety of groups and approaches.
Gurdjieff and Kabbalah
by Z'ev ben Shimon Halevi
Striking parallels between the Tree of Life and Gurdjieff's System.
Mouravieff and the Secret of the Source
by Robin Amis
Gurdjieff's hints about the origin of his System point to early Christian teachings.
Gurdjieff and the Tower of Babel
Was Gurdjieff simply a representative of the "wisdom of the world"?
A Remembering Feast: The Gurdjieff Legacy
by Kathleen Riordan Speeth
The author of The Gurdjieff Work imagines a conversation among the master's mourners.
- In Search of the Masters: Behind the Occult Myth by Paul Johnson
- A Separate God: The Christian Origins of Gnosticism by Simone Petrement, translated by Carol Harrison
- Plato Prehistorian: 10,000 to 5000 B.C.: Myth, Religion, Archaeology by Mary Settegast
- Homer the Theologian: Neoplatonist Allegorical Reading and the Growth of the Epic Tradition by Robert Lamberton
- Subterranean Worlds: 100,000 Years of Dragons, Dwarves, the Dead, Lost Races and UFOs from Inside the Earth by Walter Kafton-Minkel
- The Lion People: Intercosmic Messages from the Future by Murry Hope
- Ancient Egypt: The Sirius Connection by Murry Hope
- Sefer Yetzirah: The Book of Creation translated and with a critical commentary by Aryeh Kaplan
- Spells and How They Work by Janet and Stewart Farrar
- On a Spaceship with Beelzebub: By a Grandson of Gurdjieff by David Kherdian
- The Sufi Path of Knowledge: Ibn al-'Arabi's Metaphysics of Imagination by William C. Chittick
- Where the Spirits Ride the Wind: Trance Journeys and Other Ecstatic Experiences by Felicitas D. Goodman, Ph.D.
- Looking into Mind by Anthony Damiani
- Who Are You Monsieur Gurdjieff? by Rene Zuber, translated by Jenny Koralek
- Complete Works of Pir-o-Murshid Hazrat Inayat Khan, Original Texts:
Lectures on Sufism, 1923 I: January-June edited by Munira van Voorst van Beest
- The Origins of the Mithraic Mysteries by David Ulansey
Hitler's Monsters: A Supernatural History of the Third Reich
Yale University Press
he definitive history of the supernatural in Nazi Germany, exploring the occult ideas, esoteric sciences, and pagan religions touted by the Third Reich in the service of power
The Nazi fascination with the occult is legendary, yet today it is often dismissed as Himmler's personal obsession or wildly overstated for its novelty. Preposterous though it was, however, supernatural thinking was inextricable from the Nazi project. The regime enlisted astrology and the paranormal, paganism, Indo-Ar...
The Voynich Manuscript
Yale University Press
Many call the fifteenth-century codex, commonly known as the Voynich Manuscript, the world s most mysterious book. Written in an unknown script by an unknown author, the manuscript has no clearer purpose now than when it was rediscovered in 1912 by rare books dealer Wilfrid Voynich. The manuscript appears and disappears throughout history, from the library of the Holy Roman Emperor Rudolf II to a secret sale of books in 1903 by the Society of Jesus in Rome. The book s language has eluded deciphe...More
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...
The Book of Magic: From Antiquity to the Enlightenment (Penguin Classics)
A rich, wondrous anthology of the Western magical tradition, from the Old Testament to Doctor Faustus and Paradise Lost, now in a Penguin Classics black spine edition
." . . as when iron is drawn to a magnet, camphor is sucked into hot air, crystal lights up in the Sun, sulfur and a volatile liquid are kindled by flame, an empty eggshell filled with dew is raised towards the Sun . . ."
The Bible is full of stories featuring forms of magic and possession--from Moses battling with Pharao...
East Anglian Witches and Wizards ( Witchcraft of the British Isles )
Three Hands Press
In his fourth book in the Witchcraft of the British Isles series, Michael Howard examines the Craft of East Anglia, one of the richest areas of historical witchcraft and folk magic in England. From the private witch of William the Conqueror to the cunning men and women of the marshes and fens, to the Toad-witches and the appalling deeds of the witch-finders, the book is a trove of historical information on the actual folk magical practices of East Anglia. Also examined are the spirits of localit...More