New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 20: Gurdjieff and the Fourth Way. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO20R, GNO20R
Please inquire for availability
Contents -- Summer 1991
The Spirit in Health and Disease
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
The Razor's Edge
A column by Ted Schultz
Meetings With a Remarkable Paradox
by Richard Smoley
A glimpse into Gurdjieff's rich and mysterious life.
The Fourth Way and Inner Transformation
by Theodore J. Nottingham
Steps to the evolution of the self.
The Cosmology of the Fourth Way
by Walter Scheer
Where man fits into the universe, according to Gurdjieff.
The Essence of the Work: An Interview with Jacob Needleman
by Richard Smoley & Jay Kinney
The well-known author and student of the Gurdjieff teachings gives his views of the Work.
The Work Today
by Joel Friedlander
Gurdjieff's ideas live on in a variety of groups and approaches.
Gurdjieff and Kabbalah
by Z'ev ben Shimon Halevi
Striking parallels between the Tree of Life and Gurdjieff's System.
Mouravieff and the Secret of the Source
by Robin Amis
Gurdjieff's hints about the origin of his System point to early Christian teachings.
Gurdjieff and the Tower of Babel
Was Gurdjieff simply a representative of the "wisdom of the world"?
A Remembering Feast: The Gurdjieff Legacy
by Kathleen Riordan Speeth
The author of The Gurdjieff Work imagines a conversation among the master's mourners.
- In Search of the Masters: Behind the Occult Myth by Paul Johnson
- A Separate God: The Christian Origins of Gnosticism by Simone Petrement, translated by Carol Harrison
- Plato Prehistorian: 10,000 to 5000 B.C.: Myth, Religion, Archaeology by Mary Settegast
- Homer the Theologian: Neoplatonist Allegorical Reading and the Growth of the Epic Tradition by Robert Lamberton
- Subterranean Worlds: 100,000 Years of Dragons, Dwarves, the Dead, Lost Races and UFOs from Inside the Earth by Walter Kafton-Minkel
- The Lion People: Intercosmic Messages from the Future by Murry Hope
- Ancient Egypt: The Sirius Connection by Murry Hope
- Sefer Yetzirah: The Book of Creation translated and with a critical commentary by Aryeh Kaplan
- Spells and How They Work by Janet and Stewart Farrar
- On a Spaceship with Beelzebub: By a Grandson of Gurdjieff by David Kherdian
- The Sufi Path of Knowledge: Ibn al-'Arabi's Metaphysics of Imagination by William C. Chittick
- Where the Spirits Ride the Wind: Trance Journeys and Other Ecstatic Experiences by Felicitas D. Goodman, Ph.D.
- Looking into Mind by Anthony Damiani
- Who Are You Monsieur Gurdjieff? by Rene Zuber, translated by Jenny Koralek
- Complete Works of Pir-o-Murshid Hazrat Inayat Khan, Original Texts:
Lectures on Sufism, 1923 I: January-June edited by Munira van Voorst van Beest
- The Origins of the Mithraic Mysteries by David Ulansey
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...