New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO19, GNO19
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
by Jay Kinney
Star Trek Cosmology
A column by Ted Schultz
Trick or Treat?: The Value of Fooling and Being Fooled
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Introduction: My Mind Plays Tricks on Me
by Richard Smoley
The Fool, The Clown, The Jester
by Fred Fuller
Sacred clowns are an ancient and vigorous tradition in Western Culture.
The Green Man: The Trickster Figure in Sufism
by Peter Lamborn Wilson
Incarnations and interpretations of Khezr, "the Hidden Prophet" of Islam.
The Trickster and Creative Illness
by D. Jean Collins
Spiritual transformation is often preceded by an appearance of the Trickster.
Loki, Father of Strife
by Alice Karlsdottir
The notorious Norse god who clears the way for rebirth and renewal.
Trickster at the Crossroads
by Eric Davis
Eshu-Elegbara, the West African god of messages, sex, and deceit.
Dr. Gene Don't Take No Guff
by Brad Bailey
Don't touch that dial! The Rambo of TV Preachers is here with a pledge break from hell.
Confessions of a Professional Trickster
by Paul Krassner
The long-time provocateur relates some of his favorite pranks.
Arcane Truths: Special humor supplement
- Fire in the Heart: Healers, Sages, and Mystics, by Kyriacos C. Markides
- Ancient Magicks for a New Age by Alan Richardson and Geoff Hughes
- Paths to the Power of Myth: Joseph Campbell and the Study of Religion edited by Daniel C. Noel
- Gnosis: Study and Commentaries on the Esoteric Tradition of Eastern Orthodoxy, Book One: Exoteric Cycle by Boris Mouravieff
- Icons and the Mystical Origins of Christianity by Richard Temple
- Iron John: A Book About Men by Robert Bly
- King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the
Mature Masculine by Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette
- The Rosicrucian Emblems of Daniel Cramer introduction by Adam McLean
- Salon Trismosin's Splendor Solis introduction by Adam McLean
- The "Key" of Jacob Boehme introduction by Adam McLean
- A Commentary on the Mutus Liber by Adam McLean
- Painted Black by Carl A. Raschke
- Demons of the Inner World: Understanding Our Hidden Complexes by Alfred Ribi
- Witchcraft: A Tradition Renewed by Evan John Jones and Doreen Valiente
- West County Wicca: A Journal of the Old Religion by Rhiannon Ryall
- The Book of J translated by David Rosenberg, interpreted by Harold Bloom
- Just Another Spiritual Book by Bo Lozoff
- The Mystery and Magic of the Eucharist by Stephan A. Hoeller
- The Body of Light: History and Practical Techniques for Awakening Your
Subtle Body by John Mann and Lar Short
- Crazy Wisdom by Wes "Scoop" Nisker
- The New Believers (video) directed by Tom Corboy
The Baffling Mystery of the Georgia Guidestones: Mysterious Sage Sponsors Epic Monument
The Secret Dogma of the Confraternity of the Miraculous Inversion
by Assassinated Nenmaster Nenslo
Madam, I'm Adam: News and Gossip
by Adam Weishaupt
W.W. Norton & Co. Inc.
Neil Gaiman has long been inspired by ancient mythology in creating the fantastical realms of his fiction. Now he turns his attention back to the source, presenting a bravura rendition of the great northern tales.
In Norse Mythology, Gaiman stays true to the myths in envisioning the major Norse pantheon: Odin, the highest of the high, wise, daring, and cunning; Thor, Odin's son, incredibly strong yet not the wisest of gods; and Loki--son of a giant--blood brother to Odin and a trick...
The Accidental Shaman: Journeys with Plant Teachers and Other Spirit Allies
Charing, Howard G
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
After surviving a serious elevator crash in London, Howard G. Charing found he had developed healing touch as well as the ability to hear voices and experience visions--just as a healer in Italy had predicted only a week before the accident. He began using his abilities to heal but felt he needed more guidance and training. He first connected with a national spiritual healing organization, only to be told he was doing everything wrong. Then, through a friend, he discovered shamanism.
The Voynich Manuscript
Yale University Press
Many call the fifteenth-century codex, commonly known as the Voynich Manuscript, the world s most mysterious book. Written in an unknown script by an unknown author, the manuscript has no clearer purpose now than when it was rediscovered in 1912 by rare books dealer Wilfrid Voynich. The manuscript appears and disappears throughout history, from the library of the Holy Roman Emperor Rudolf II to a secret sale of books in 1903 by the Society of Jesus in Rome. The book s language has eluded deciphe...More
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...