New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO19, GNO19
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
by Jay Kinney
Star Trek Cosmology
A column by Ted Schultz
Trick or Treat?: The Value of Fooling and Being Fooled
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Introduction: My Mind Plays Tricks on Me
by Richard Smoley
The Fool, The Clown, The Jester
by Fred Fuller
Sacred clowns are an ancient and vigorous tradition in Western Culture.
The Green Man: The Trickster Figure in Sufism
by Peter Lamborn Wilson
Incarnations and interpretations of Khezr, "the Hidden Prophet" of Islam.
The Trickster and Creative Illness
by D. Jean Collins
Spiritual transformation is often preceded by an appearance of the Trickster.
Loki, Father of Strife
by Alice Karlsdottir
The notorious Norse god who clears the way for rebirth and renewal.
Trickster at the Crossroads
by Eric Davis
Eshu-Elegbara, the West African god of messages, sex, and deceit.
Dr. Gene Don't Take No Guff
by Brad Bailey
Don't touch that dial! The Rambo of TV Preachers is here with a pledge break from hell.
Confessions of a Professional Trickster
by Paul Krassner
The long-time provocateur relates some of his favorite pranks.
Arcane Truths: Special humor supplement
- Fire in the Heart: Healers, Sages, and Mystics, by Kyriacos C. Markides
- Ancient Magicks for a New Age by Alan Richardson and Geoff Hughes
- Paths to the Power of Myth: Joseph Campbell and the Study of Religion edited by Daniel C. Noel
- Gnosis: Study and Commentaries on the Esoteric Tradition of Eastern Orthodoxy, Book One: Exoteric Cycle by Boris Mouravieff
- Icons and the Mystical Origins of Christianity by Richard Temple
- Iron John: A Book About Men by Robert Bly
- King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the
Mature Masculine by Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette
- The Rosicrucian Emblems of Daniel Cramer introduction by Adam McLean
- Salon Trismosin's Splendor Solis introduction by Adam McLean
- The "Key" of Jacob Boehme introduction by Adam McLean
- A Commentary on the Mutus Liber by Adam McLean
- Painted Black by Carl A. Raschke
- Demons of the Inner World: Understanding Our Hidden Complexes by Alfred Ribi
- Witchcraft: A Tradition Renewed by Evan John Jones and Doreen Valiente
- West County Wicca: A Journal of the Old Religion by Rhiannon Ryall
- The Book of J translated by David Rosenberg, interpreted by Harold Bloom
- Just Another Spiritual Book by Bo Lozoff
- The Mystery and Magic of the Eucharist by Stephan A. Hoeller
- The Body of Light: History and Practical Techniques for Awakening Your
Subtle Body by John Mann and Lar Short
- Crazy Wisdom by Wes "Scoop" Nisker
- The New Believers (video) directed by Tom Corboy
The Baffling Mystery of the Georgia Guidestones: Mysterious Sage Sponsors Epic Monument
The Secret Dogma of the Confraternity of the Miraculous Inversion
by Assassinated Nenmaster Nenslo
Madam, I'm Adam: News and Gossip
by Adam Weishaupt
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More