New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO19, GNO19
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
by Jay Kinney
Star Trek Cosmology
A column by Ted Schultz
Trick or Treat?: The Value of Fooling and Being Fooled
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Introduction: My Mind Plays Tricks on Me
by Richard Smoley
The Fool, The Clown, The Jester
by Fred Fuller
Sacred clowns are an ancient and vigorous tradition in Western Culture.
The Green Man: The Trickster Figure in Sufism
by Peter Lamborn Wilson
Incarnations and interpretations of Khezr, "the Hidden Prophet" of Islam.
The Trickster and Creative Illness
by D. Jean Collins
Spiritual transformation is often preceded by an appearance of the Trickster.
Loki, Father of Strife
by Alice Karlsdottir
The notorious Norse god who clears the way for rebirth and renewal.
Trickster at the Crossroads
by Eric Davis
Eshu-Elegbara, the West African god of messages, sex, and deceit.
Dr. Gene Don't Take No Guff
by Brad Bailey
Don't touch that dial! The Rambo of TV Preachers is here with a pledge break from hell.
Confessions of a Professional Trickster
by Paul Krassner
The long-time provocateur relates some of his favorite pranks.
Arcane Truths: Special humor supplement
- Fire in the Heart: Healers, Sages, and Mystics, by Kyriacos C. Markides
- Ancient Magicks for a New Age by Alan Richardson and Geoff Hughes
- Paths to the Power of Myth: Joseph Campbell and the Study of Religion edited by Daniel C. Noel
- Gnosis: Study and Commentaries on the Esoteric Tradition of Eastern Orthodoxy, Book One: Exoteric Cycle by Boris Mouravieff
- Icons and the Mystical Origins of Christianity by Richard Temple
- Iron John: A Book About Men by Robert Bly
- King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the
Mature Masculine by Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette
- The Rosicrucian Emblems of Daniel Cramer introduction by Adam McLean
- Salon Trismosin's Splendor Solis introduction by Adam McLean
- The "Key" of Jacob Boehme introduction by Adam McLean
- A Commentary on the Mutus Liber by Adam McLean
- Painted Black by Carl A. Raschke
- Demons of the Inner World: Understanding Our Hidden Complexes by Alfred Ribi
- Witchcraft: A Tradition Renewed by Evan John Jones and Doreen Valiente
- West County Wicca: A Journal of the Old Religion by Rhiannon Ryall
- The Book of J translated by David Rosenberg, interpreted by Harold Bloom
- Just Another Spiritual Book by Bo Lozoff
- The Mystery and Magic of the Eucharist by Stephan A. Hoeller
- The Body of Light: History and Practical Techniques for Awakening Your
Subtle Body by John Mann and Lar Short
- Crazy Wisdom by Wes "Scoop" Nisker
- The New Believers (video) directed by Tom Corboy
The Baffling Mystery of the Georgia Guidestones: Mysterious Sage Sponsors Epic Monument
The Secret Dogma of the Confraternity of the Miraculous Inversion
by Assassinated Nenmaster Nenslo
Madam, I'm Adam: News and Gossip
by Adam Weishaupt
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More