New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 18: Middle Ages. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO18R, GNO18R
"When we look at the Tarot for what it apparently is, we look into a mental map of the time when the Italian and French Middle Ages were poised on the cusp of the Renaissance - a time that is
actually stranger and intellectually more foreign to us than we tend to think."
- Chas S. Clifton, from The Unexamined Tarot
Contents -- Winter 1991
A Sage for All Seasons
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Inner and Outer Realms
A column by Ted Schultz
Century of Marvels, Century of Light: The Esoteric Treasures of the Twelfth Century
by Timothy O'Neill
From Grail lore to Gothic cathedrals, from Muslims to monks, it was a century of rich spiritual development.
The Birth Within: Meister Eckhart and the Knowing of God
by Theodore J. Nottingham
An introduction to the unsurpassed German mystic.
The Code of Love: Troubadours, Cathars, and Ezra Pound
by John Kimsey
Did the poets of courtly love and the gnostic heretics of medieval Provence share the same esoteric perspective?
Unlocking Alchemy's Secrets: A Conversation with Adam MacLean
by Jay Kinney
The editor of the Hermetic Journal discusses his insights into alchemical symbolism.
Fire, Breath, & Silence: The Kabbalistic Meditations of Abraham Abulafia
by Avram Davis
The mystical techniques of the thirteenth century Jewish visionary.
The Unexamined Tarot
by Chas S. Clifton
What are the real origins of this most popular of oracles?
Doctor Illuminatus: The Achievements of Raymond Lully
by Charles Coulombe
A look at the life and work of one of the greatest minds of the Middle Ages.
- The Secret Zodiac: The Hidden Art in Medieval Astrology by Fred Gettings
- Rose Windows by Painton Cowen
- The Tres Riches Heures of Jean, Duke of Berry introduction and legends by Jean Longnon and Raymond Lazelles, translation by Victoria Benedict
- The Truing of Christianity: Visions of Life and Thought for the Future by John C. Meagher
- Golem: Jewish Magical and Mystical Traditions on the Artificial Anthropoid by Moshe Idel
- An Arthurian Dictionary by Ruth Minary and Charles Moorman, preface by Geoffrey Ashe
- Boadicea: Warrior Queen of the Celts by John Matthews, illustrated by James Field
- King Arthur: The Dream of a Golden Age by Geoffrey Ashe
- An Arthurian Reader: Selections from Arthurian Legend, Scholarship, and Story selected and edited by John Matthews
- Gawain: Knight of the Goddess: Restoring an Archetype by John Matthews, foreword by Mildred Leake Day
- The New Tarot: Modern Variations of Ancient Images by Rachel Pollack
- The Encyclopedia of Tarot, Volume III by Stuart R. Kaplan
- The Tarot: Art, Mysticism, Divination by Sylvie Simon, translated by William S. Konecky
- The Modern Mystic: A New Collection of the Early Writings of Alan Watts edited by John Snelling and Mark Watts
- The Gnostic Pynchon by Dwight Eddins
- Synchronicity: The Intuitive Decision Making Tool by Visionary Software
- The Poetics of Ascent: Theories of Language in a Rabbinic Ascent Text by Naomi Janowitz
- The Mysteries of Yesod: The Foundation of Spiritual Life by Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov
- Looking into the Invisible: Intuition, Clairvoyance, and Dreams by Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov
- Prophecy: The History of the Future by Mobius Rex
- Sorceress directed by Suzanne Schiffman, screenplay by Pamela Berger and Suzanne Schiffman
- Sacred Mirrors: The Visionary Art of Alex Grey by Alex Grey with essays by Ken Wilber and Carlo McCormick
- Prophecy and People in Renaissance Italy by Ottavia Niccoli, translated by Lydia G. Cochrane
- Avalanche: Heretical Reflections on the Dark and the Light by W. Brugh Joy
The GNOSIS Office Soundtrack
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...