New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 17: Sex and Spirituality. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO17R, GNO17R
Contents -- Fall 1990
Report to Our Readers
Introduction: Beyond Either/Or
by Jay Kinney
Introduction to the issue.
A Season with Aphrodite
by Judy Harrow
The path of Aphrodite in today's world.
The Cosmic Pulse: Where Sex and Spirit Meet
by Nina Silver
How relevant are Reich's theories for incorporating sexuality with spirituality?
A Fire in the Shadows: The Roots and Aims of Modern Magickal Sexuality
by Timothy O'Neill
A reader's guide to the history of sex magick.
by Michelle Delio
Love, not gender, may be the real key to the magical theory of polarity.
Coitus Reservatus & Mystical Sex
by Louis W. Meldman
The history and practice of the major technique of mystical sex.
Recovering Sexual Wholeness From Biblical Traditions
by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
The Jewish roots of Christianity reveal a more open attitude toward sexuality.
Sexuality, Marriage & the Sacred: An Islamic Sufi Perspective
by Kabir Helminski
What do Islam and the Qu'ran really saw about sex and love?
- Seeing Through the Visible World: Jung, Gnosis and Chaos by June Singer
- Captain Sir Richard Burton by Edward Rice
- First Steps in Ritual by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki
- The Art of Ritual by Renee Beck and Sydney Barbara Metrick
- Elizabethan Magic by Robert Turner, foreword by Colin Wilson
- John Dee's Natural Philosophy: Between Science and Religion by Nicholas H. Clulee
- A Treatise on Angel Magic (Being a Complete Transcription of Ms. Harley 6482 in the British Library) edited and introduced by Adam McLean
- Chase the Devil by Jeremy Marre
- Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav
- The Correspondence of Walter Benjamin and Gershom Scholem, 1932-1940 edited by Gershom Scholem, introduction by Anson Rabinbach
- Rules for Spiritual Initiation by Zachary F. Lansdowne
- Deadly Blessings: Faith Healing on Trial by Richard J. Brenneman
- After the End of Time: Revelation and the Growth of Consciousness by Robin Robertson
- Satanism in America: How the Devil Got Much More Than His Due by Shawn Carlson, Gerald Larue, et al.
- The Triumph of Pan by Victor Neuberg, introduction by Caroline Robertson
- The Statagem and Other Stories by Aleister Crowley, foreword by Keith Rhys
- Hidden Lore by Kenneth and Steffi Grant
- Liberating the Heart: Spirituality and Jungian Psychology by Lawrence W. Jaffe
- A Chronicle of the Last Pagans by Pierre Chuvin, translated by B.A. Archer
- The Sacred Mushroom Seeker: Essays for R. Gordon Wasson edited by Thomas J. Riedlinger
- The Doctrine of the Divine Name: An Introduction to Classical Kabbalistic Theology by Stephen G. Wald
- Reality Isn't What it Used to Be by Walter Truett Anderson
- Inanna by Diane Wolkstein, music by Geoffrey Gordon
- The Human and Divine Universe by William R. Laudahn, Kathleen Raine, G.R.S. Mead, et al.
- The Heretic's Handbook of Quotations edited by Charles Bufe
- Sexual Magick by Katon Shual
The Gnosis Office Soundtrack
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...