New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 17: Sex and Spirituality. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO17R, GNO17R
Contents -- Fall 1990
Report to Our Readers
Introduction: Beyond Either/Or
by Jay Kinney
Introduction to the issue.
A Season with Aphrodite
by Judy Harrow
The path of Aphrodite in today's world.
The Cosmic Pulse: Where Sex and Spirit Meet
by Nina Silver
How relevant are Reich's theories for incorporating sexuality with spirituality?
A Fire in the Shadows: The Roots and Aims of Modern Magickal Sexuality
by Timothy O'Neill
A reader's guide to the history of sex magick.
by Michelle Delio
Love, not gender, may be the real key to the magical theory of polarity.
Coitus Reservatus & Mystical Sex
by Louis W. Meldman
The history and practice of the major technique of mystical sex.
Recovering Sexual Wholeness From Biblical Traditions
by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
The Jewish roots of Christianity reveal a more open attitude toward sexuality.
Sexuality, Marriage & the Sacred: An Islamic Sufi Perspective
by Kabir Helminski
What do Islam and the Qu'ran really saw about sex and love?
- Seeing Through the Visible World: Jung, Gnosis and Chaos by June Singer
- Captain Sir Richard Burton by Edward Rice
- First Steps in Ritual by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki
- The Art of Ritual by Renee Beck and Sydney Barbara Metrick
- Elizabethan Magic by Robert Turner, foreword by Colin Wilson
- John Dee's Natural Philosophy: Between Science and Religion by Nicholas H. Clulee
- A Treatise on Angel Magic (Being a Complete Transcription of Ms. Harley 6482 in the British Library) edited and introduced by Adam McLean
- Chase the Devil by Jeremy Marre
- Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav
- The Correspondence of Walter Benjamin and Gershom Scholem, 1932-1940 edited by Gershom Scholem, introduction by Anson Rabinbach
- Rules for Spiritual Initiation by Zachary F. Lansdowne
- Deadly Blessings: Faith Healing on Trial by Richard J. Brenneman
- After the End of Time: Revelation and the Growth of Consciousness by Robin Robertson
- Satanism in America: How the Devil Got Much More Than His Due by Shawn Carlson, Gerald Larue, et al.
- The Triumph of Pan by Victor Neuberg, introduction by Caroline Robertson
- The Statagem and Other Stories by Aleister Crowley, foreword by Keith Rhys
- Hidden Lore by Kenneth and Steffi Grant
- Liberating the Heart: Spirituality and Jungian Psychology by Lawrence W. Jaffe
- A Chronicle of the Last Pagans by Pierre Chuvin, translated by B.A. Archer
- The Sacred Mushroom Seeker: Essays for R. Gordon Wasson edited by Thomas J. Riedlinger
- The Doctrine of the Divine Name: An Introduction to Classical Kabbalistic Theology by Stephen G. Wald
- Reality Isn't What it Used to Be by Walter Truett Anderson
- Inanna by Diane Wolkstein, music by Geoffrey Gordon
- The Human and Divine Universe by William R. Laudahn, Kathleen Raine, G.R.S. Mead, et al.
- The Heretic's Handbook of Quotations edited by Charles Bufe
- Sexual Magick by Katon Shual
The Gnosis Office Soundtrack
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
Gateways Through Light and Shadow
Chassan, Frater Ashen
One of only 1000 Signed limited edition hardcover copies. Individually hand bound with silver foil stamping, 70lbs acid neutral paper. Printed in two colors with over 140 illustration!
Gateways Through Light and Shadow is the second book by Bryan Garner, known to his fellow ceremonial magicians as Frater Ashen Chassan, and in it we are again offered the illuminating opportunity to observe and learn from a practicing magus engaged in his Work. Once more he offers instruction in the pro...
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...