New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 17: Sex and Spirituality. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO17R, GNO17R
Please inquire for availability
Contents -- Fall 1990
Report to Our Readers
Introduction: Beyond Either/Or
by Jay Kinney
Introduction to the issue.
A Season with Aphrodite
by Judy Harrow
The path of Aphrodite in today's world.
The Cosmic Pulse: Where Sex and Spirit Meet
by Nina Silver
How relevant are Reich's theories for incorporating sexuality with spirituality?
A Fire in the Shadows: The Roots and Aims of Modern Magickal Sexuality
by Timothy O'Neill
A reader's guide to the history of sex magick.
by Michelle Delio
Love, not gender, may be the real key to the magical theory of polarity.
Coitus Reservatus & Mystical Sex
by Louis W. Meldman
The history and practice of the major technique of mystical sex.
Recovering Sexual Wholeness From Biblical Traditions
by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
The Jewish roots of Christianity reveal a more open attitude toward sexuality.
Sexuality, Marriage & the Sacred: An Islamic Sufi Perspective
by Kabir Helminski
What do Islam and the Qu'ran really saw about sex and love?
- Seeing Through the Visible World: Jung, Gnosis and Chaos by June Singer
- Captain Sir Richard Burton by Edward Rice
- First Steps in Ritual by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki
- The Art of Ritual by Renee Beck and Sydney Barbara Metrick
- Elizabethan Magic by Robert Turner, foreword by Colin Wilson
- John Dee's Natural Philosophy: Between Science and Religion by Nicholas H. Clulee
- A Treatise on Angel Magic (Being a Complete Transcription of Ms. Harley 6482 in the British Library) edited and introduced by Adam McLean
- Chase the Devil by Jeremy Marre
- Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav
- The Correspondence of Walter Benjamin and Gershom Scholem, 1932-1940 edited by Gershom Scholem, introduction by Anson Rabinbach
- Rules for Spiritual Initiation by Zachary F. Lansdowne
- Deadly Blessings: Faith Healing on Trial by Richard J. Brenneman
- After the End of Time: Revelation and the Growth of Consciousness by Robin Robertson
- Satanism in America: How the Devil Got Much More Than His Due by Shawn Carlson, Gerald Larue, et al.
- The Triumph of Pan by Victor Neuberg, introduction by Caroline Robertson
- The Statagem and Other Stories by Aleister Crowley, foreword by Keith Rhys
- Hidden Lore by Kenneth and Steffi Grant
- Liberating the Heart: Spirituality and Jungian Psychology by Lawrence W. Jaffe
- A Chronicle of the Last Pagans by Pierre Chuvin, translated by B.A. Archer
- The Sacred Mushroom Seeker: Essays for R. Gordon Wasson edited by Thomas J. Riedlinger
- The Doctrine of the Divine Name: An Introduction to Classical Kabbalistic Theology by Stephen G. Wald
- Reality Isn't What it Used to Be by Walter Truett Anderson
- Inanna by Diane Wolkstein, music by Geoffrey Gordon
- The Human and Divine Universe by William R. Laudahn, Kathleen Raine, G.R.S. Mead, et al.
- The Heretic's Handbook of Quotations edited by Charles Bufe
- Sexual Magick by Katon Shual
The Gnosis Office Soundtrack
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More