New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 16: Orthodoxy. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO16, GNO16
"There is a danger in the New Age movement of 'open-mindedness' and 'universality' becoming a new dogma which only serves to separate 'us' who pay lip service to these ideals from 'them' who
do not. Far better to be a flexible, open-minded traditionalist than a rigidly doctrinaire liberal."
- Ya'qub ibn Yusuf, from the introduction
Contents -- Summer 1990
Introduction: Back to Basics
by Jay Kinney & Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
In the Light of Orthodoxy
by John Garvey
The meaning of orthodoxy and its relationship to esotericism.
The Living Tradition of Catacomb Christianity: An Interview with Father Herman
by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
The Abbot of the St. Herman Monastery discusses Christian Orthodoxy and the modern world.
Readings in Orthodox Spirituality
by Anne Barkham & Brother James Barfield
Suggested books for a deeper understanding of Orthodoxy.
Vladimir Soloviev: Russian Orthodox Apostle of Gnosis & Sophia
by Stephan A. Hoeller
The intriguing story of a unique Russian mystic.
Against Non-Sense: An Interview with Roger Garaudy
translated by Ann Weiser
The French author and political figure discusses the three "isms" in his life.
The Esoteric Orthodoxy of Catholicism
by Charles Coulombe
Appreciating traditional Catholicism from an esoteric perspective.
You Create Your Own Orthodoxy
by Jordan Gruber
Will New Age philosophy grow to become an orthodoxy?
On Orthodoxy: An Interview with Rabbi Shlomo Carlbach
by Micha Odenheimer
A modern Hasidic Master talks about the power of traditional Judaism.
The Esoteric Sacraments: An Inquiry Into the Catholic Mysteries
by Charles Upton
A look at the seven sacraments from multiple points of view.
- C.S. Lewis: A Biography by A.N. Wilson
- Your Word Is Fire: The Hasidic Masters on Contemplative Prayer edited and translated by Arthur Green and Barry W. Holtz
- Menahem Nahum of Chernobyl: Upright Practices, the Light of the Eyes translated and introduced by Arthur Green
- The Death of Merlin: Arthurian Myth and Alchemy by Walter Johannes Stein
- The White Cutter: A Novel of the Middle Ages by David Pownall
- Sacralizing the Secular: The Renaissance Origins of Modernity by Stephen A. McKnight
- Divine Disenchantment: Deconverting from New Religions by Janet Liebman Jacobs
- Pagan Grace by Ginette Paris
- The Rebirth of Witchcraft by Doreen Valiente
- Heart of the Koran by Lex Hixon
- Arthur and the Sovereignty of Britain by Caitlin Matthews
- Magical Tales: The Story-Telling Tradition by R.J. Stewart
- Legendary Britain: An Illustrated Journey by R.J. Stewart and John Matthews
- Knights by Deirdre Headon
- God Is a Trauma: Vicarious Religion and Soul-Making by Greg Mogenson
- Spinoza and Other Heretics: The Marrano of Reason by Yirmiyahu Yovel
- Spinoza and Other Heretics: The Adventure of Immanence by Yirmiyahu Yovel
- Mercurius - or, the Marriage of Heaven & Earth by Patrick Harpur
- The Secret of the Runes by Guido von List, edited, introduced, and translated by Stephen E. Flowers
- The Galdrabok: An Icelandic Grimoire edited and translated by Stephen E. Flowers
- At the Well of Wyrd: A Handbook of Runic Divination by Edred Thorsson (Stephen E. Flowers)
- Rune Might: Secret Practices of the German Rune Magicians by Edred Thorsson (Stephen E. Flowers)
- A Book of Troth by Edred Thorsson (Stephen E. Flowers)
- What is Self? A Study of the Spiritual Journey in Terms of Consciousness by Bernadette Roberts
- The Stormy Search for the Self by Christina and Stanislav Grof
- Walking Through Walls: Practical Esoteric Psychology by Will Parfitt
- Manitou: The Sacred Landscape of New England's Native Civilization by James W. Mavor, Jr. and Byron E. Dix
- The Arkana Dictionary of New Perspectives by Stuart Holroyd
- Santeria: The Religion - A Legacy of Faith, Rites, and Magic by Migene Gonzalez-Wippler
- Why Does God Allow Suffering? And Other Essays on the Spiritual Quest by Robert Powell
The GNOSIS Office Soundtrack
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...