New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 15: Ancient Civilizations. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO15, GNO15
"Traditional or esoteric philosophy is perennial. It recurs at
different periods of time, always to create a cultural renaissance
that will begin a cycle of culture, a cycle of civilization."
- John Michell, from The Ancient Temple and Modern Cosmology: An Interview with John Michell
Contents -- Spring 1990
Introduction: Long Away and Far Ago
by Jay Kinney
Listening to the Ruins
by Peter Balin
How the Maya have been viewed and reviewed throught the years.
Atlantis in Western Esoteric Thought
by Timothy O'Neill
Tracing a powerful myth through history.
The Spirit of Egypt
by Michael Crisp
A look at history's most religious civilization.
An Interview with Bika Reed
by David Fideler
A talk with the noted translator of ancient Egyptian writings.
The Delphic Dynamo
by Dawn Kolokithas
Delphi then and now.
Overcoming the Greeks
by Richard Smoley
The problem they couldn't solve: reconciling faith and reason.
The Ancient Temple and Modern Cosmology: An Interview with John Michell
by David Fideler
A talk with the famous investigator of astroarchaeology and sacred geometry.
Catal Huyuk: The Temple City of Prehistoric Anatolia
by William Carl Eichman
The oldest known city and its religious philosophy.
The Message of Meroe
by D. Jean Collins
Lessons from the ancient Kushite kingdom.
Introducing Dervish Yunis
by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
A look at three recent books on the Sufi poet Yunus Emre.
- Witchcraft by Charles Alva Hoyt
- The Encyclopedia of Witches and Witchcraft by Rosemary Ellen Guiley
- The Witches' God by Janet and Stewart Farrar
- Jung and the Lost Gospels by Stephan A. Hoeller
- Indicia . . . A Romance by Kathleen Burch
- Michael Maier's Atalanta Fugiens: An Edition of the Emblems, Fugues, and Epigrams translated and conducted by Joscelyn Godwin, introduction by Hildemarie Streich
- Alchemy: The Medieval Alchemists and their Royal Art by Johannes Fabricius
- Beyond Biofeedback by Elmer & Alyce Green
- What Are They Saying About God and Evil? by Barry L. Whitney
- Defenders of God: The Fundamentalist Revolt Against the Modern Age by Bruce B. Lawrence
- The Concise Guide to Islam by Cyril Glasse
- Call No Man Master by Joyce Collin-Smith, with an introduction by Colin Wilson
- Secrets of Mayan Science/Religion by Hunbatz Men
- The Occult Conspiracy: Secret Societies - Their Influence and Power in World History by Michael Howard
- America's Secret Destiny: Spiritual Vision and the Founding of a Nation by Robert Heironimus
- Divine Invasion: A Life of Philip K. Dick by Lawrence Sutin
- Geometric Metaphors of Life by Stan Tenen
- Love Does Not Condemn: The World, the Flesh, and the Devil According to Platonism, Christianity, Gnosticism, and "A Course in Miracles" by Kenneth Wapnick
The GNOSIS Office Soundtrack
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...