New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 15: Ancient Civilizations. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO15, GNO15
"Traditional or esoteric philosophy is perennial. It recurs at
different periods of time, always to create a cultural renaissance
that will begin a cycle of culture, a cycle of civilization."
- John Michell, from The Ancient Temple and Modern Cosmology: An Interview with John Michell
Contents -- Spring 1990
Introduction: Long Away and Far Ago
by Jay Kinney
Listening to the Ruins
by Peter Balin
How the Maya have been viewed and reviewed throught the years.
Atlantis in Western Esoteric Thought
by Timothy O'Neill
Tracing a powerful myth through history.
The Spirit of Egypt
by Michael Crisp
A look at history's most religious civilization.
An Interview with Bika Reed
by David Fideler
A talk with the noted translator of ancient Egyptian writings.
The Delphic Dynamo
by Dawn Kolokithas
Delphi then and now.
Overcoming the Greeks
by Richard Smoley
The problem they couldn't solve: reconciling faith and reason.
The Ancient Temple and Modern Cosmology: An Interview with John Michell
by David Fideler
A talk with the famous investigator of astroarchaeology and sacred geometry.
Catal Huyuk: The Temple City of Prehistoric Anatolia
by William Carl Eichman
The oldest known city and its religious philosophy.
The Message of Meroe
by D. Jean Collins
Lessons from the ancient Kushite kingdom.
Introducing Dervish Yunis
by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
A look at three recent books on the Sufi poet Yunus Emre.
- Witchcraft by Charles Alva Hoyt
- The Encyclopedia of Witches and Witchcraft by Rosemary Ellen Guiley
- The Witches' God by Janet and Stewart Farrar
- Jung and the Lost Gospels by Stephan A. Hoeller
- Indicia . . . A Romance by Kathleen Burch
- Michael Maier's Atalanta Fugiens: An Edition of the Emblems, Fugues, and Epigrams translated and conducted by Joscelyn Godwin, introduction by Hildemarie Streich
- Alchemy: The Medieval Alchemists and their Royal Art by Johannes Fabricius
- Beyond Biofeedback by Elmer & Alyce Green
- What Are They Saying About God and Evil? by Barry L. Whitney
- Defenders of God: The Fundamentalist Revolt Against the Modern Age by Bruce B. Lawrence
- The Concise Guide to Islam by Cyril Glasse
- Call No Man Master by Joyce Collin-Smith, with an introduction by Colin Wilson
- Secrets of Mayan Science/Religion by Hunbatz Men
- The Occult Conspiracy: Secret Societies - Their Influence and Power in World History by Michael Howard
- America's Secret Destiny: Spiritual Vision and the Founding of a Nation by Robert Heironimus
- Divine Invasion: A Life of Philip K. Dick by Lawrence Sutin
- Geometric Metaphors of Life by Stan Tenen
- Love Does Not Condemn: The World, the Flesh, and the Devil According to Platonism, Christianity, Gnosticism, and "A Course in Miracles" by Kenneth Wapnick
The GNOSIS Office Soundtrack
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...