New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 15: Ancient Civilizations. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO15, GNO15
"Traditional or esoteric philosophy is perennial. It recurs at
different periods of time, always to create a cultural renaissance
that will begin a cycle of culture, a cycle of civilization."
- John Michell, from The Ancient Temple and Modern Cosmology: An Interview with John Michell
Contents -- Spring 1990
Introduction: Long Away and Far Ago
by Jay Kinney
Listening to the Ruins
by Peter Balin
How the Maya have been viewed and reviewed throught the years.
Atlantis in Western Esoteric Thought
by Timothy O'Neill
Tracing a powerful myth through history.
The Spirit of Egypt
by Michael Crisp
A look at history's most religious civilization.
An Interview with Bika Reed
by David Fideler
A talk with the noted translator of ancient Egyptian writings.
The Delphic Dynamo
by Dawn Kolokithas
Delphi then and now.
Overcoming the Greeks
by Richard Smoley
The problem they couldn't solve: reconciling faith and reason.
The Ancient Temple and Modern Cosmology: An Interview with John Michell
by David Fideler
A talk with the famous investigator of astroarchaeology and sacred geometry.
Catal Huyuk: The Temple City of Prehistoric Anatolia
by William Carl Eichman
The oldest known city and its religious philosophy.
The Message of Meroe
by D. Jean Collins
Lessons from the ancient Kushite kingdom.
Introducing Dervish Yunis
by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
A look at three recent books on the Sufi poet Yunus Emre.
- Witchcraft by Charles Alva Hoyt
- The Encyclopedia of Witches and Witchcraft by Rosemary Ellen Guiley
- The Witches' God by Janet and Stewart Farrar
- Jung and the Lost Gospels by Stephan A. Hoeller
- Indicia . . . A Romance by Kathleen Burch
- Michael Maier's Atalanta Fugiens: An Edition of the Emblems, Fugues, and Epigrams translated and conducted by Joscelyn Godwin, introduction by Hildemarie Streich
- Alchemy: The Medieval Alchemists and their Royal Art by Johannes Fabricius
- Beyond Biofeedback by Elmer & Alyce Green
- What Are They Saying About God and Evil? by Barry L. Whitney
- Defenders of God: The Fundamentalist Revolt Against the Modern Age by Bruce B. Lawrence
- The Concise Guide to Islam by Cyril Glasse
- Call No Man Master by Joyce Collin-Smith, with an introduction by Colin Wilson
- Secrets of Mayan Science/Religion by Hunbatz Men
- The Occult Conspiracy: Secret Societies - Their Influence and Power in World History by Michael Howard
- America's Secret Destiny: Spiritual Vision and the Founding of a Nation by Robert Heironimus
- Divine Invasion: A Life of Philip K. Dick by Lawrence Sutin
- Geometric Metaphors of Life by Stan Tenen
- Love Does Not Condemn: The World, the Flesh, and the Devil According to Platonism, Christianity, Gnosticism, and "A Course in Miracles" by Kenneth Wapnick
The GNOSIS Office Soundtrack
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
Gateways Through Light and Shadow
Chassan, Frater Ashen
One of only 1000 Signed limited edition hardcover copies. Individually hand bound with silver foil stamping, 70lbs acid neutral paper. Printed in two colors with over 140 illustration!
Gateways Through Light and Shadow is the second book by Bryan Garner, known to his fellow ceremonial magicians as Frater Ashen Chassan, and in it we are again offered the illuminating opportunity to observe and learn from a practicing magus engaged in his Work. Once more he offers instruction in the pro...
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...