New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 14: The Dark Side. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO14, GNO14
Contents -- Winter 1989-'90|
"The so-called Dark Side is not wholly an evil or negative place or force; after all, some things remain in the shadows because we've placed them there out of fear and squeamishness."
- Jay Kinney, from the introduction
Introduction: Standing in the Shadows
by Jay Kinney
Baron Julius Evola and the Hermetic Tradition
by Robin Waterfield
A first look at the controversial Italian esotericist and traditionalist.
The Evolution of Julius Evola's Thought
by Elemire Zolla
A glimpse at Evola's interactions with Reghini, Fascism, and the Nazis.
Who's Afraid of the Bogeyman?
by Jay Kinney
A discussion of the phantasm of esoteric terrorism.
Meeting Darkness on the Path
by William Carl Eichman
A practical approach to the varieties of darkness on the spiritual path.
Descent to the Underworld
by Joan McIntyre
A reinterpretation of the Inanna-Erishkegal myth for men and women.
Kahuna Ana'Ana: The One Who Walks in Darkness
by S.E. Hertel
An interview with two Hawaiian Kahunas: Kahana and Pahia.
The Dark Face of Gnosis
by Erik Davis
Tuning into alien signals and divine noise, with gnostic negativity.
Iblis, The Black Light
by Peter Lamborn Wilson
Satan(ism) in Islam and among the heretical Yezidis in Iran.
by Richard Smoley
An analysis of the conservative Christian attack on the New Age.
The Redemption of the Shekhinah
by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
The role of the Shekinah and the Feminine as the dark side of Judaism.
Occultism and the Renaissance Outlook
by Bernadette Bosky
What exactly were alchemists talking about - sex magic?
Umberto Eco Muddies the Waters
by Deborah Belle Forman and Jay Kinney
Two critical reviews of Eco's new occult novel, Foucault's Pendulum.
- The Prince of Darkness by Joan O'Grady
- Between Good and Evil: Polarities of Power by William Gray
- Blood Secrets: The True Story of Demon Worship by Isaiah Oke, as told to Joe Wright
- GOLEM! Danger, Deliverance and Art edited by Emily D. Bilski
- Mary Magdalene and the Women in Jesus' Life by Carolyn M. and Joseph A. Grassi
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis, read by John Cleese
- The Origins of Freemasonry: Scotland's Century 1590-1710 by David Stevenson
- Searches for an Imaginary Kingdom by L.N. Gumilev, translated by R.E.F. Smith
- Rilke: Selected Poems translated and read by Stephen Mitchell
- Poems of Rumi translated and read by Robert Bly and Coleman Barks
- Living in the New Consciousness by Hugo Enomiya-Lassalle
- A Blue Fire: Selected Writings of James Hillman edited by Thomas Moore
- Jacob Boehme: Essential Readings edited and introduced by Robin Waterfield
- The Goddess Sekhmet: The Way of the Five Bodies by Robert Masters
- Coming Into the Light: Rituals of Egyptian Magick by Gerald and Betty Schueler
- The Delight of Hearts: Or, What You Will Not Find in Any Book by Ahmad al-Tifashi, English translation by Edward A. Laces, edited by Winston Leyland
- Haoma and Harmaline: The Botanical Identity of the Indo-Iranian Sacred Hallucinogen "Soma" and its Legacy in Religion, Language, and Middle Eastern Folklore by David Stophlet Flattery and Martin Scwartz
- Understanding Ismailism: A Unique Tariqah of Islam by Akbarally Meherally
- Nicholas Roerich: The Life and Art of a Russian Master by Jacqueline Decter
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
Gateways Through Light and Shadow
Chassan, Frater Ashen
One of only 1000 Signed limited edition hardcover copies. Individually hand bound with silver foil stamping, 70lbs acid neutral paper. Printed in two colors with over 140 illustration!
Gateways Through Light and Shadow is the second book by Bryan Garner, known to his fellow ceremonial magicians as Frater Ashen Chassan, and in it we are again offered the illuminating opportunity to observe and learn from a practicing magus engaged in his Work. Once more he offers instruction in the pro...
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...