New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 14: The Dark Side. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO14, GNO14
Please inquire for availability
"The so-called Dark Side is not wholly an evil or negative place or force; after all, some things remain in the shadows because we've placed them there out of fear and squeamishness."
- Jay Kinney, from the introduction
Contents -- Winter 1989-'90
Introduction: Standing in the Shadows
by Jay Kinney
Baron Julius Evola and the Hermetic Tradition
by Robin Waterfield
A first look at the controversial Italian esotericist and traditionalist.
The Evolution of Julius Evola's Thought
by Elemire Zolla
A glimpse at Evola's interactions with Reghini, Fascism, and the Nazis.
Who's Afraid of the Bogeyman?
by Jay Kinney
A discussion of the phantasm of esoteric terrorism.
Meeting Darkness on the Path
by William Carl Eichman
A practical approach to the varieties of darkness on the spiritual path.
Descent to the Underworld
by Joan McIntyre
A reinterpretation of the Inanna-Erishkegal myth for men and women.
Kahuna Ana'Ana: The One Who Walks in Darkness
by S.E. Hertel
An interview with two Hawaiian Kahunas: Kahana and Pahia.
The Dark Face of Gnosis
by Erik Davis
Tuning into alien signals and divine noise, with gnostic negativity.
Iblis, The Black Light
by Peter Lamborn Wilson
Satan(ism) in Islam and among the heretical Yezidis in Iran.
by Richard Smoley
An analysis of the conservative Christian attack on the New Age.
The Redemption of the Shekhinah
by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
The role of the Shekinah and the Feminine as the dark side of Judaism.
Occultism and the Renaissance Outlook
by Bernadette Bosky
What exactly were alchemists talking about - sex magic?
Umberto Eco Muddies the Waters
by Deborah Belle Forman and Jay Kinney
Two critical reviews of Eco's new occult novel, Foucault's Pendulum.
- The Prince of Darkness by Joan O'Grady
- Between Good and Evil: Polarities of Power by William Gray
- Blood Secrets: The True Story of Demon Worship by Isaiah Oke, as told to Joe Wright
- GOLEM! Danger, Deliverance and Art edited by Emily D. Bilski
- Mary Magdalene and the Women in Jesus' Life by Carolyn M. and Joseph A. Grassi
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis, read by John Cleese
- The Origins of Freemasonry: Scotland's Century 1590-1710 by David Stevenson
- Searches for an Imaginary Kingdom by L.N. Gumilev, translated by R.E.F. Smith
- Rilke: Selected Poems translated and read by Stephen Mitchell
- Poems of Rumi translated and read by Robert Bly and Coleman Barks
- Living in the New Consciousness by Hugo Enomiya-Lassalle
- A Blue Fire: Selected Writings of James Hillman edited by Thomas Moore
- Jacob Boehme: Essential Readings edited and introduced by Robin Waterfield
- The Goddess Sekhmet: The Way of the Five Bodies by Robert Masters
- Coming Into the Light: Rituals of Egyptian Magick by Gerald and Betty Schueler
- The Delight of Hearts: Or, What You Will Not Find in Any Book by Ahmad al-Tifashi, English translation by Edward A. Laces, edited by Winston Leyland
- Haoma and Harmaline: The Botanical Identity of the Indo-Iranian Sacred Hallucinogen "Soma" and its Legacy in Religion, Language, and Middle Eastern Folklore by David Stophlet Flattery and Martin Scwartz
- Understanding Ismailism: A Unique Tariqah of Islam by Akbarally Meherally
- Nicholas Roerich: The Life and Art of a Russian Master by Jacqueline Decter
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...