New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 13: The Goddess. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO13, GNO13
"The second coming of the Goddess has proved of inestimable value
to people everywhere, for it has provided them with a new mythic
pattern, a saving story to live by."
- Caitlin Matthews, from Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom
Contents -- Fall 1989
Special Forum: The Cult of Personality and the Perennial Philosophy
by Robin Waterfield and Peter Lamborn Wilson
Introduction: Lifting the Veil
by Jay Kinney
Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom
by Caitlin Matthews
Sophia in her many guises may be the key to the Goddess's reappearance.
The Goddess Emerging
by De-Anna Alba
An overview of the rise of Goddess-worship and paganism in the 20th century.
Images of Goddess
by D. Jean Collins
Dion Fortune, Andre Norton, and insights into the Black Goddess.
Goddess in the Metropolis
by Irene Javors
The Goddess walks the streets of our urban experience.
The Mother of Memory
by Dawn Kolokithas
A meditation of the mythic figure and the role of the muse.
Animals and the Goddess
by Susan Levitt
A look at the indelible link between the Goddess and the animal kingdom.
Shekhinah: A Poem
by Leah Novick
Visions of Mary and Psychic Evolution
by Michael Grosso
Are Virgin Mary sightings part of a pattern of behavior modification?
Goddesses, Yes; Goddess, No!
by Stephan A. Hoeller
The limits of monotheism in light of the feminine and the multi-centered God image.
The Goddess: None Other Than God
by Charles Upton
The divine in nature calls for the transcendent unitary vision as well.
Beyond the Goddess
by Richard Smoley
Without balance the feminine may be as prone to excess as the unrestrained masculine.
- The Mystical Experience in Abraham Abulafia by Moshe Idel
- Studies in Ecstatic Kabbalah by Moshe Idel
- Language, Torah, and Hermeneutics in Abraham Abulafia by Moshe Idel
- Coming To Our Senses: Body and Spirit in the Hidden History of the West by Morris Berman
- The Goddess Re-Awakening: The Feminine Principle Today compiled by Shirley Nicholson
- Angels: Ministers of Grace by Geddes MacGregor
- Dimensions: A Casebook of Alien Contact by Jacques Vallee, foreword by Whitley Strieber
- In Search of the Primordial Tradition and the Cosmic Christ by Father John Rossner, Ph.D.
- Blavatsky and Her Teachers by Jean Overton Fuller
- The Elements of the Celtic Tradition by Caitlin Matthews
- Practical Magic in the Northern Tradition by Nigel Pennick
- Earth's Embrace: Archetypal Psychology's Challenge to the Growth Movement by Alan Bleakly
- Inside the Brotherhood: Further Secrets of the Freemasons by Martin Short
- The Temple and the Lodge by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh
- Black Square and Compass: 200 Years of Prince Hall Freemasonry by Joseph A. Walkes, Jr.
- Persuasions of the Witch's Craft: Ritual Magic in Contemporary England by T.M. Luhrmann
- The Faith Healers by James Randi
- The Way of the Lover by Robert Augustus Masters
- The Moon Under Her Feet by Clysta Kinstler
- The Esoteric Path: An Introduction to the Hermetic Tradition by Luc Benoist with a chapter by Robin Waterfield
- Dictionary of the Khazars by Milorad Pavic, translated by Christina Pribicevic-Zoric
- Krotona of Old Hollywood, Vol. I, 1866-1913 by Joseph E. Ross
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...