New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 13: The Goddess. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO13, GNO13
"The second coming of the Goddess has proved of inestimable value
to people everywhere, for it has provided them with a new mythic
pattern, a saving story to live by."
- Caitlin Matthews, from Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom
Contents -- Fall 1989
Special Forum: The Cult of Personality and the Perennial Philosophy
by Robin Waterfield and Peter Lamborn Wilson
Introduction: Lifting the Veil
by Jay Kinney
Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom
by Caitlin Matthews
Sophia in her many guises may be the key to the Goddess's reappearance.
The Goddess Emerging
by De-Anna Alba
An overview of the rise of Goddess-worship and paganism in the 20th century.
Images of Goddess
by D. Jean Collins
Dion Fortune, Andre Norton, and insights into the Black Goddess.
Goddess in the Metropolis
by Irene Javors
The Goddess walks the streets of our urban experience.
The Mother of Memory
by Dawn Kolokithas
A meditation of the mythic figure and the role of the muse.
Animals and the Goddess
by Susan Levitt
A look at the indelible link between the Goddess and the animal kingdom.
Shekhinah: A Poem
by Leah Novick
Visions of Mary and Psychic Evolution
by Michael Grosso
Are Virgin Mary sightings part of a pattern of behavior modification?
Goddesses, Yes; Goddess, No!
by Stephan A. Hoeller
The limits of monotheism in light of the feminine and the multi-centered God image.
The Goddess: None Other Than God
by Charles Upton
The divine in nature calls for the transcendent unitary vision as well.
Beyond the Goddess
by Richard Smoley
Without balance the feminine may be as prone to excess as the unrestrained masculine.
- The Mystical Experience in Abraham Abulafia by Moshe Idel
- Studies in Ecstatic Kabbalah by Moshe Idel
- Language, Torah, and Hermeneutics in Abraham Abulafia by Moshe Idel
- Coming To Our Senses: Body and Spirit in the Hidden History of the West by Morris Berman
- The Goddess Re-Awakening: The Feminine Principle Today compiled by Shirley Nicholson
- Angels: Ministers of Grace by Geddes MacGregor
- Dimensions: A Casebook of Alien Contact by Jacques Vallee, foreword by Whitley Strieber
- In Search of the Primordial Tradition and the Cosmic Christ by Father John Rossner, Ph.D.
- Blavatsky and Her Teachers by Jean Overton Fuller
- The Elements of the Celtic Tradition by Caitlin Matthews
- Practical Magic in the Northern Tradition by Nigel Pennick
- Earth's Embrace: Archetypal Psychology's Challenge to the Growth Movement by Alan Bleakly
- Inside the Brotherhood: Further Secrets of the Freemasons by Martin Short
- The Temple and the Lodge by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh
- Black Square and Compass: 200 Years of Prince Hall Freemasonry by Joseph A. Walkes, Jr.
- Persuasions of the Witch's Craft: Ritual Magic in Contemporary England by T.M. Luhrmann
- The Faith Healers by James Randi
- The Way of the Lover by Robert Augustus Masters
- The Moon Under Her Feet by Clysta Kinstler
- The Esoteric Path: An Introduction to the Hermetic Tradition by Luc Benoist with a chapter by Robin Waterfield
- Dictionary of the Khazars by Milorad Pavic, translated by Christina Pribicevic-Zoric
- Krotona of Old Hollywood, Vol. I, 1866-1913 by Joseph E. Ross
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
Gateways Through Light and Shadow
Chassan, Frater Ashen
One of only 1000 Signed limited edition hardcover copies. Individually hand bound with silver foil stamping, 70lbs acid neutral paper. Printed in two colors with over 140 illustration!
Gateways Through Light and Shadow is the second book by Bryan Garner, known to his fellow ceremonial magicians as Frater Ashen Chassan, and in it we are again offered the illuminating opportunity to observe and learn from a practicing magus engaged in his Work. Once more he offers instruction in the pro...
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...