New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 13: The Goddess. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO13, GNO13
"The second coming of the Goddess has proved of inestimable value
to people everywhere, for it has provided them with a new mythic
pattern, a saving story to live by."
- Caitlin Matthews, from Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom
Contents -- Fall 1989
Special Forum: The Cult of Personality and the Perennial Philosophy
by Robin Waterfield and Peter Lamborn Wilson
Introduction: Lifting the Veil
by Jay Kinney
Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom
by Caitlin Matthews
Sophia in her many guises may be the key to the Goddess's reappearance.
The Goddess Emerging
by De-Anna Alba
An overview of the rise of Goddess-worship and paganism in the 20th century.
Images of Goddess
by D. Jean Collins
Dion Fortune, Andre Norton, and insights into the Black Goddess.
Goddess in the Metropolis
by Irene Javors
The Goddess walks the streets of our urban experience.
The Mother of Memory
by Dawn Kolokithas
A meditation of the mythic figure and the role of the muse.
Animals and the Goddess
by Susan Levitt
A look at the indelible link between the Goddess and the animal kingdom.
Shekhinah: A Poem
by Leah Novick
Visions of Mary and Psychic Evolution
by Michael Grosso
Are Virgin Mary sightings part of a pattern of behavior modification?
Goddesses, Yes; Goddess, No!
by Stephan A. Hoeller
The limits of monotheism in light of the feminine and the multi-centered God image.
The Goddess: None Other Than God
by Charles Upton
The divine in nature calls for the transcendent unitary vision as well.
Beyond the Goddess
by Richard Smoley
Without balance the feminine may be as prone to excess as the unrestrained masculine.
- The Mystical Experience in Abraham Abulafia by Moshe Idel
- Studies in Ecstatic Kabbalah by Moshe Idel
- Language, Torah, and Hermeneutics in Abraham Abulafia by Moshe Idel
- Coming To Our Senses: Body and Spirit in the Hidden History of the West by Morris Berman
- The Goddess Re-Awakening: The Feminine Principle Today compiled by Shirley Nicholson
- Angels: Ministers of Grace by Geddes MacGregor
- Dimensions: A Casebook of Alien Contact by Jacques Vallee, foreword by Whitley Strieber
- In Search of the Primordial Tradition and the Cosmic Christ by Father John Rossner, Ph.D.
- Blavatsky and Her Teachers by Jean Overton Fuller
- The Elements of the Celtic Tradition by Caitlin Matthews
- Practical Magic in the Northern Tradition by Nigel Pennick
- Earth's Embrace: Archetypal Psychology's Challenge to the Growth Movement by Alan Bleakly
- Inside the Brotherhood: Further Secrets of the Freemasons by Martin Short
- The Temple and the Lodge by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh
- Black Square and Compass: 200 Years of Prince Hall Freemasonry by Joseph A. Walkes, Jr.
- Persuasions of the Witch's Craft: Ritual Magic in Contemporary England by T.M. Luhrmann
- The Faith Healers by James Randi
- The Way of the Lover by Robert Augustus Masters
- The Moon Under Her Feet by Clysta Kinstler
- The Esoteric Path: An Introduction to the Hermetic Tradition by Luc Benoist with a chapter by Robin Waterfield
- Dictionary of the Khazars by Milorad Pavic, translated by Christina Pribicevic-Zoric
- Krotona of Old Hollywood, Vol. I, 1866-1913 by Joseph E. Ross
The Accidental Shaman: Journeys with Plant Teachers and Other Spirit Allies
Charing, Howard G
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
After surviving a serious elevator crash in London, Howard G. Charing found he had developed healing touch as well as the ability to hear voices and experience visions--just as a healer in Italy had predicted only a week before the accident. He began using his abilities to heal but felt he needed more guidance and training. He first connected with a national spiritual healing organization, only to be told he was doing everything wrong. Then, through a friend, he discovered shamanism.
W.W. Norton & Co. Inc.
Neil Gaiman has long been inspired by ancient mythology in creating the fantastical realms of his fiction. Now he turns his attention back to the source, presenting a bravura rendition of the great northern tales.
In Norse Mythology, Gaiman stays true to the myths in envisioning the major Norse pantheon: Odin, the highest of the high, wise, daring, and cunning; Thor, Odin's son, incredibly strong yet not the wisest of gods; and Loki--son of a giant--blood brother to Odin and a trick...
The Voynich Manuscript
Yale University Press
Many call the fifteenth-century codex, commonly known as the Voynich Manuscript, the world s most mysterious book. Written in an unknown script by an unknown author, the manuscript has no clearer purpose now than when it was rediscovered in 1912 by rare books dealer Wilfrid Voynich. The manuscript appears and disappears throughout history, from the library of the Holy Roman Emperor Rudolf II to a secret sale of books in 1903 by the Society of Jesus in Rome. The book s language has eluded deciphe...More
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...