New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 12: Sects and Schisms. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO12, GNO12
"Some religious groups may exhibit one or two of the common characteristics of so-called cults, such as a specialized group jargon or odd rituals or heavy demands on members' time, but the same could be said of most corporations or family businesses as well!"
- Jay Kinney, from the introduction
Contents -- Summer 1989
Introduction: The Joy of Sects
by Jay Kinney
The Three Faces of Satan
by Chas Clifton
A close look at the "Satanism Scare" and its accusers.
by Stephan A. Hoeller
Do the hundreds of bishops outside of Papal control hold the key to a new sacramental Christianity?
The Modern Rosicrucians
by Christopher McIntosh
A fascinating history of 20th century Rosicrucian groups.
The GNOSIS Interview: The Imperator of AMORC
by Jay Kinney and Tim O'Neill
A talk with Gary L. Stewart, head of the largest modern Rosicrucian group.
by Tom Joyce
Are Scientology's "technologies of transformation" worth a second look?
Shootout at the Circle 7 Koran
by Peter Lamborn Wilson
The unique story of Noble Drew Ali and the Moorish Science Temple.
by Lawrence Sutin
An overview of the Jewish sect's road from mystical heresy to orthodoxy.
The Swedenborgian Church
by Jim Lawrence
The exoteric journey of Swedenborg's esoteric teachings.
What's So Secret About The Secret Doctrine?
by Jay Williams
A skeptical look at H.P. Blavatsky's groundbreaking Theosophical book.
- The Illuminati Connection by Prof. Illuminatus
- The Coming of the Cosmic Christ by Matthew Fox
- Reinventing Eve: Modern Woman in Search of Herself by Kim Chernin
- Lady of the Beasts: Ancient Images of the Goddess and Her Sacred Animals by Buffie Johnson
- Adam, Eve, and the Serpent by Elaine Pagels
- The Neoplatonic Writings of Numenius collected and translated by Kenneth Guthrie
- Porphyry: Selected Works translated by Thomas Taylor
- Jung: A Biography by Gerhard Wehr, translated by David M. Weeks
- The Choice is Always Ours edited by Dorothy Berkley Phillips, Elizabeth Boyden Howes, and Lucille M. Nixon
- Returning: A Spiritual Journey by Dan Wakefield
- Advanced Magical Arts by R.J. Stewart
- The Book of Divine Magic by Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov
- The Saracen: Land of the Infidel by Robert Shea
- The Saracen: The Holy War by Robert Shea
- The Celtic Tree Oracle: A System of Divination by Liz and Colin Murray
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991