New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 11: Ritual. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO11R, GNO11R
"Ritual, provided it uses authentic symbols, is no more or less than what H.P. Blavatsky called 'concretized truth'."
- Stephan A. Hoeller, from The Gnosis of the Eucharist
Contents -- Spring 1989
Introduction: Bill of Rites
by Jay Kinney
Why Ritual Works
by Richard Smoley
According to Hawaiian shamanism, it's all thanks to your subconscious.
Confessions of a Closet Ritualist
by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
Can ritual be meaningful to someone living in a secular society?
Wilderness Rites of Passage
by John Davis
How the traditional vision quest can be recreated for our time.
With the Whirling Dervishes in Konya
by Jannika Hurwitt
The Sufi practice of whirling can be traced back to the 11th century, but it's still very much alive today.
The Diamond Way
by Hannah M.G. Shapero
This esoteric ritual is as close as your nearest sandlot.
The Gnosis of the Eucharist
by Stephan A. Hoeller
The Mass as a steppingstone to direct communion with the divine.
Rituals: Making Incense
by Christopher Landon
How incense can be made and used to enhance ritual practice.
The GNOSIS Interview: Colin Wilson
by Christopher Farmer
An ebullient conversation with the author of The Outsider and The Occult.
- Temple Magic by William Gray
- Hermes Unveiled by Roy Norvill
- The Language of the Gods by Roy Norvill
- The Jesus of Heresy and History by John Dart
- The Nag Hammadi Library James M. Robinson, general editor
- In the Garden of Myrtles: Studies in Early Islamic Mysticism by Tor Andrae, translated by Birgitta Sharpe
- Irshad: Wisdom of a Sufi Master by Sheikh Muzaffer Ozak al-Jerrahi, translated and with an introduction by Muhtar Holland
- Vicars of Christ: The Dark Side of the Papacy by Peter De Rosa
- The Dream of the Earth by Thomas Berry
- The Dream of Poliphilo: The Soul in Love by Linda Fierz-David
- Not Necessarily the New Age edited by Robert Basil
- The Dimensions of Paradise: The Proportions and Symbolic Numbers of Ancient Cosmology by John Michell
- The Spiritual in Art: Abstract Painting 1890-1985 edited by Maurice Tuchman
- An Art of Our Own: The Spiritual in Twentieth-Century Art by Roger Lipsay
- The Course of the Seeker: A Transformational Approach to Sufism in the Western World by Omar Ali-Shah
- An Open Life: Joseph Campbell in Interview with Michael Toms edited by John M. Maher and Dennie Briggs
- The Dove in the Stone: Finding the Sacred in the Commonplace by Alice O. Howell
- The Golden Game: Alchemical Engravings of the Seventeenth Century by Stanislas Klossowski de Rola
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...
Gateways Through Light and Shadow
Chassan, Frater Ashen
One of only 1000 Signed limited edition hardcover copies. Individually hand bound with silver foil stamping, 70lbs acid neutral paper. Printed in two colors with over 140 illustration!
Gateways Through Light and Shadow is the second book by Bryan Garner, known to his fellow ceremonial magicians as Frater Ashen Chassan, and in it we are again offered the illuminating opportunity to observe and learn from a practicing magus engaged in his Work. Once more he offers instruction in the pro...
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More