New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 11: Ritual. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO11R, GNO11R
"Ritual, provided it uses authentic symbols, is no more or less than what H.P. Blavatsky called 'concretized truth'."
- Stephan A. Hoeller, from The Gnosis of the Eucharist
Contents -- Spring 1989
Introduction: Bill of Rites
by Jay Kinney
Why Ritual Works
by Richard Smoley
According to Hawaiian shamanism, it's all thanks to your subconscious.
Confessions of a Closet Ritualist
by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
Can ritual be meaningful to someone living in a secular society?
Wilderness Rites of Passage
by John Davis
How the traditional vision quest can be recreated for our time.
With the Whirling Dervishes in Konya
by Jannika Hurwitt
The Sufi practice of whirling can be traced back to the 11th century, but it's still very much alive today.
The Diamond Way
by Hannah M.G. Shapero
This esoteric ritual is as close as your nearest sandlot.
The Gnosis of the Eucharist
by Stephan A. Hoeller
The Mass as a steppingstone to direct communion with the divine.
Rituals: Making Incense
by Christopher Landon
How incense can be made and used to enhance ritual practice.
The GNOSIS Interview: Colin Wilson
by Christopher Farmer
An ebullient conversation with the author of The Outsider and The Occult.
- Temple Magic by William Gray
- Hermes Unveiled by Roy Norvill
- The Language of the Gods by Roy Norvill
- The Jesus of Heresy and History by John Dart
- The Nag Hammadi Library James M. Robinson, general editor
- In the Garden of Myrtles: Studies in Early Islamic Mysticism by Tor Andrae, translated by Birgitta Sharpe
- Irshad: Wisdom of a Sufi Master by Sheikh Muzaffer Ozak al-Jerrahi, translated and with an introduction by Muhtar Holland
- Vicars of Christ: The Dark Side of the Papacy by Peter De Rosa
- The Dream of the Earth by Thomas Berry
- The Dream of Poliphilo: The Soul in Love by Linda Fierz-David
- Not Necessarily the New Age edited by Robert Basil
- The Dimensions of Paradise: The Proportions and Symbolic Numbers of Ancient Cosmology by John Michell
- The Spiritual in Art: Abstract Painting 1890-1985 edited by Maurice Tuchman
- An Art of Our Own: The Spiritual in Twentieth-Century Art by Roger Lipsay
- The Course of the Seeker: A Transformational Approach to Sufism in the Western World by Omar Ali-Shah
- An Open Life: Joseph Campbell in Interview with Michael Toms edited by John M. Maher and Dennie Briggs
- The Dove in the Stone: Finding the Sacred in the Commonplace by Alice O. Howell
- The Golden Game: Alchemical Engravings of the Seventeenth Century by Stanislas Klossowski de Rola
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More