New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 11: Ritual. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO11R, GNO11R
"Ritual, provided it uses authentic symbols, is no more or less than what H.P. Blavatsky called 'concretized truth'."
- Stephan A. Hoeller, from The Gnosis of the Eucharist
Contents -- Spring 1989
Introduction: Bill of Rites
by Jay Kinney
Why Ritual Works
by Richard Smoley
According to Hawaiian shamanism, it's all thanks to your subconscious.
Confessions of a Closet Ritualist
by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
Can ritual be meaningful to someone living in a secular society?
Wilderness Rites of Passage
by John Davis
How the traditional vision quest can be recreated for our time.
With the Whirling Dervishes in Konya
by Jannika Hurwitt
The Sufi practice of whirling can be traced back to the 11th century, but it's still very much alive today.
The Diamond Way
by Hannah M.G. Shapero
This esoteric ritual is as close as your nearest sandlot.
The Gnosis of the Eucharist
by Stephan A. Hoeller
The Mass as a steppingstone to direct communion with the divine.
Rituals: Making Incense
by Christopher Landon
How incense can be made and used to enhance ritual practice.
The GNOSIS Interview: Colin Wilson
by Christopher Farmer
An ebullient conversation with the author of The Outsider and The Occult.
- Temple Magic by William Gray
- Hermes Unveiled by Roy Norvill
- The Language of the Gods by Roy Norvill
- The Jesus of Heresy and History by John Dart
- The Nag Hammadi Library James M. Robinson, general editor
- In the Garden of Myrtles: Studies in Early Islamic Mysticism by Tor Andrae, translated by Birgitta Sharpe
- Irshad: Wisdom of a Sufi Master by Sheikh Muzaffer Ozak al-Jerrahi, translated and with an introduction by Muhtar Holland
- Vicars of Christ: The Dark Side of the Papacy by Peter De Rosa
- The Dream of the Earth by Thomas Berry
- The Dream of Poliphilo: The Soul in Love by Linda Fierz-David
- Not Necessarily the New Age edited by Robert Basil
- The Dimensions of Paradise: The Proportions and Symbolic Numbers of Ancient Cosmology by John Michell
- The Spiritual in Art: Abstract Painting 1890-1985 edited by Maurice Tuchman
- An Art of Our Own: The Spiritual in Twentieth-Century Art by Roger Lipsay
- The Course of the Seeker: A Transformational Approach to Sufism in the Western World by Omar Ali-Shah
- An Open Life: Joseph Campbell in Interview with Michael Toms edited by John M. Maher and Dennie Briggs
- The Dove in the Stone: Finding the Sacred in the Commonplace by Alice O. Howell
- The Golden Game: Alchemical Engravings of the Seventeenth Century by Stanislas Klossowski de Rola
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More