New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 09: Northern Mysteries. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO09R, GNO09R
Contents -- Fall 1988
News & Notes
Introduction: North by Northwest
by Jay Kinney
The Grailless Lands
by Caitlin and John Matthews
The message of the Grail Quest for restoring wholeness to the Waste Land
The Crucible of the Goddess and the British Mystery Tradition
by Mara Freeman
Celtic folktales provide insights into the Feminine as Initiator in the ancient mysteries of Britain.
Listening to the Celts
by John Carey
A look at the vital coexistence of the ancient and the new in early Irish Christianity.
A Goddess Arrives
by Chas Clifton
An inquiry into the influence of Dion Fortune on the development of Gardnerian Witchcraft.
The Way of Woden
by Edred Thorsson
The Runic Mysteries of the hidden god of the North.
by Christopher Farmer
Recovering the Myth of the Hero as found in the operas of Richard Wagner.
The Controversy of the Occult Reich
by John Roemer
Is there any basis to the charges that Hitler and the Third Reich were trafficking in black magic?
by Tim O'Neill
Pathworking the Land of Summer beyond the Northern snows.
- The Unvarnished Gospels translated by Andy Gaus
- The Shroud and the Grail: A Modern Quest for the True Grail by Noel Currer-Briggs
- The Magus of Strovolos by Kyriacos C. Markides
- Homage to the Sun by Kyriacos C. Markides
- On Beauty by Herbert Read and A.H. Armstrong
- One Thing Only: A Christian Guide to the Universal Quest for God by Lois Lang-Sims
- The Tao and Mother Goose by Robert Carter
- The Wisdom of Fairy Tales by Rudolf Meyer
- Lilith's Cave: Jewish Tales of the Supernatural selected and retold by Howard Schwartz
- The Ultimate Evil by Maury Terry
- The Complete Echoes from the Gnosis by G.R.S. Mead
- A Collection of Emblemes, Ancient and Moderne By George Wither, To Which is Added Foundations Unearthed by Marie Bauer Hall, original foreword by Manly Palmer Hall
- Women's Dionysian Initiation: The Villa of Mysteries in Pompeii by Linda Fierz-David
- Those Women by Nor Hall
- The Shroud of Sophia (The Secret of Wisdom) by Aurora Terrenus
- Sophia of the Bible (The Spirit of Wisdom) by Aurora Terrenus
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More