New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 08: Alchemy. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO08R, GNO08R
"Alchemy is isolating the principle of life. This is what the
ancients called the vital force. Once you had this life force
isolated, then you could process it further and make an elixir of
- Art Kunkin, from The GNOSIS Interview: Art Kunkin
Contents -- Summer 1988
Introduction: How Many Alchemists Does It Take . . . ?
by Jay Kinney
The Age of Gold
by Jim Melodini
The search for a reconciliation between alchemy and science.
Alchemy is Alive and Well
by Hans Nintzel
Hundreds of alchemists all over the world are working with this "lost" art.
The GNOSIS Interview: Art Kunkin
by Christopher Farmer
A frank discussion of the ups and downs of a modern alchemist.
The Parting of the Ways
by John Lash
Chinese and Western alchemy in contrast.
An Alchemical Mandala
by Adam McLean
by Robert Anton Wilson
Is there a guide to tantric sexual yoga hidden in alchemy's symbolism?
An Alchemy Reading List
by Ivan St. John
A short selection of books on various facets of alchemy.
C.G. Jung and the Alchemical Revival
by Stephan A. Hoeller
A look at Jung's understanding of alchemy and its implications.
The Rose Garden of the Philosophers
by David Fideler
A look at spiritual horticulture and alchemystical gardening.
The Regeneration of the Stone
by Ivan St. John
An alchemical meditation attributed to Roger Bacon.
Alchemy out of India
by Elemire Zolla
A search for the roots of alchemy in the east.
- Waking Up: Overcoming the Obstacles to Human Potential by Charles T. Tart
- Self-Completion: Keys to the Meaningful Life by Robert S. de Ropp
- Salome and Judas in the Cave of Sex by Ewa Kuryluk
- Harmonies of Heaven and Earth by Joscelyn Godwin
- Music, Mysticism and Magic: A Sourcebook by Joscelyn Godwin
- Scandal: Essays in Islamic Heresy by Peter Lamborn Wilson
- The Drunken Universe: An Anthology of Persian Sufi Poetry translation and commentary by Peter Lamborn Wilson and Nasrollah Pourjavady
- The Way of Paradox: Spiritual Life as Taught by Meister Eckhart by Cyprian Smith
- The Treasure House of Images by Gareth Knight
- Tarot Mirrors, Reflections of Personal Meaning by Mary K. Greer
- The Notebooks of Paul Brunton, Volume II: The Sensitives: Dynamics and Dangers of Mysticism by Paul Brunton
- Truth or Dare by Starhawk
- The Witches' Goddess by Janet and Stewart Farrar
- The Chalice & the Blade by Riane Eisler
- The Sacred Prostitute: Eternal Aspect of the Feminine by Nancy Qualls-Corbett
- Tales for Transformation by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, translated from the German by Scott Thompson
- The Strange Life of Ivan Osokin by P.D. Ouspensky
- Islam: The Way of Submission by Solomon Nigosian
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
Gateways Through Light and Shadow
Chassan, Frater Ashen
One of only 1000 Signed limited edition hardcover copies. Individually hand bound with silver foil stamping, 70lbs acid neutral paper. Printed in two colors with over 140 illustration!
Gateways Through Light and Shadow is the second book by Bryan Garner, known to his fellow ceremonial magicians as Frater Ashen Chassan, and in it we are again offered the illuminating opportunity to observe and learn from a practicing magus engaged in his Work. Once more he offers instruction in the pro...