New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 08: Alchemy. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO08R, GNO08R
"Alchemy is isolating the principle of life. This is what the
ancients called the vital force. Once you had this life force
isolated, then you could process it further and make an elixir of
- Art Kunkin, from The GNOSIS Interview: Art Kunkin
Contents -- Summer 1988
Introduction: How Many Alchemists Does It Take . . . ?
by Jay Kinney
The Age of Gold
by Jim Melodini
The search for a reconciliation between alchemy and science.
Alchemy is Alive and Well
by Hans Nintzel
Hundreds of alchemists all over the world are working with this "lost" art.
The GNOSIS Interview: Art Kunkin
by Christopher Farmer
A frank discussion of the ups and downs of a modern alchemist.
The Parting of the Ways
by John Lash
Chinese and Western alchemy in contrast.
An Alchemical Mandala
by Adam McLean
by Robert Anton Wilson
Is there a guide to tantric sexual yoga hidden in alchemy's symbolism?
An Alchemy Reading List
by Ivan St. John
A short selection of books on various facets of alchemy.
C.G. Jung and the Alchemical Revival
by Stephan A. Hoeller
A look at Jung's understanding of alchemy and its implications.
The Rose Garden of the Philosophers
by David Fideler
A look at spiritual horticulture and alchemystical gardening.
The Regeneration of the Stone
by Ivan St. John
An alchemical meditation attributed to Roger Bacon.
Alchemy out of India
by Elemire Zolla
A search for the roots of alchemy in the east.
- Waking Up: Overcoming the Obstacles to Human Potential by Charles T. Tart
- Self-Completion: Keys to the Meaningful Life by Robert S. de Ropp
- Salome and Judas in the Cave of Sex by Ewa Kuryluk
- Harmonies of Heaven and Earth by Joscelyn Godwin
- Music, Mysticism and Magic: A Sourcebook by Joscelyn Godwin
- Scandal: Essays in Islamic Heresy by Peter Lamborn Wilson
- The Drunken Universe: An Anthology of Persian Sufi Poetry translation and commentary by Peter Lamborn Wilson and Nasrollah Pourjavady
- The Way of Paradox: Spiritual Life as Taught by Meister Eckhart by Cyprian Smith
- The Treasure House of Images by Gareth Knight
- Tarot Mirrors, Reflections of Personal Meaning by Mary K. Greer
- The Notebooks of Paul Brunton, Volume II: The Sensitives: Dynamics and Dangers of Mysticism by Paul Brunton
- Truth or Dare by Starhawk
- The Witches' Goddess by Janet and Stewart Farrar
- The Chalice & the Blade by Riane Eisler
- The Sacred Prostitute: Eternal Aspect of the Feminine by Nancy Qualls-Corbett
- Tales for Transformation by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, translated from the German by Scott Thompson
- The Strange Life of Ivan Osokin by P.D. Ouspensky
- Islam: The Way of Submission by Solomon Nigosian
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991