New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 07: Esoteric Spirituality. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO07R, GNO07R
"If esoteric teachings purport to be the inner essence of a tradition, then it follows that one ought to pay attention to the outer form of that tradition, for, after all, it is difficult to
have an 'inner' without an 'outer'!"
- Jay Kinney, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1988
Our readers and contributors discuss Politics and Esotericism.
Introduction: Esoteric Spirituality
by Jay Kinney
Inner Knowledge and Utter Confusion
by Jay Kinney
The Education of the Soul
by Kabir Helminski
The "Work" of the Sufis in the modern world.
The GNOSIS Interview: Murat Yagan
by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
A teacher of the Kebzeh tradition of the Caucasus Mountains discusses the esoteric path.
by Joan McIntyre
Rediscovering an ancient communion in circles of women.
Facing the Traditionalists
by Joscelyn Godwin
An evaluation of Rene Guenon and other proponents of the Perennial Philosophy.
Rene Guenon and the Signs of Our Times
by David Fideler
A critical appraisal of Guenon's book, The Reign of Quantity.
Ibn 'Arabi for Our Generation
by by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
A new translation of Ibn 'Arabi's writings on Abraham, and a look at different versions of his 'Seals of Wisdom.'
A Hieroglyphic Thinker
by David Fideler
The life and work of R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz.
The Apocalyptic Steiner
by Anastasy Tousomou
The teachings of the founder of Anthroposophy about the Second Coming of Christ.
The Bible's Inner Meaning
by Clyde W. Burnham II
Alvin Boyd Kuhn's symbolic keys to Biblical interpretation.
Has the World's Most Mysterious Manuscript Been Read at Last?
by Terence McKenna
A new book claims to link the Voynich Manuscript with the heretical Cathars.
- Rene Guenon and the Future of the West by Robin Waterfield
- Love is the Wine: Talks of a Sufi Master in America by Sheikh Muzaffer Ozak al-Jerrahi al-Halveti, edited and compiled by Sheikh Ragip Frager
- Beginning's End by Sheikh Fadhlalla Haeri
- The Rabbi's Tarot Daphna Moore
- Meditations on the Tarot by Anonymous
- Nag Hammadi, Gnosticism, and Early Christianity edited by Charles W. Hedrick and Robert Hodgson, Jr.
- Secret Symbolism in Occult Art by Fred Gettings
- Etheldreda by Moyra Caldecott
- The Threshing Floor by Jennifer Russell
- The Kingfisher's Wing by Mary Casey
- Other Lives, Other Selves by Roger L. Woolger, Ph.D.
- The Direct-Mind Experience by Richard Rose
- Fireball and the Lotus: Emerging Spirituality from Ancient Roots edited by Ron Miller and Jim Kenny
- Society of Mind by Marvin Minsky
- My Journey with a Mystic by Fritz Peters, preface by Henry Miller
- Ecstasy: Understanding the Psychology of Joy by Robert A. Johnson
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...