New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 04: Heresies and Heretics. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO04, GNO04
"The penetration into the darkness surrounding God - the gulf
between one's self and the All - involves the willingness to
relinquish the comforting certainties of one's religion and risk
heresy, if that is where the path leads."
- Jay Kinney, from Heresies 101
Contents -- Spring-Summer 1987
Letters to the Editor
Forum: "The Feminine in Western Spirituality"
Our readers and contributors open a new topic for discussion.
Introduction: Heresies and Heretics
by Jay Kinney
by Jay Kinney
Why a little heresy may be good for your soul.
A Personal Top Ten Heretics List
by David Fideler
A Necessary Heresy: Jung's Gnosticism and Contemporary Gnosis
by June Singer
Encountering gnosticism in history and in the present.
The GNOSIS Interview: J. Gordon Melton
by Jay Kinney
The noted scholar of contemporary religious sects and cults shares his thoughts on theology, heresy, and his own life.
The Spiritual Dance
by A Traveling Jewish Theatre
Ram Dass, Jack Kornfield, Deena Metzger, and Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, in dialogue about Jewish spiritual roots and tasks, and their individual paths.
The Legend of the Cathars
by Judith Mann
An introduction to the medieval heretics of southern France who incurred the wrath of the Inquisition.
The Anti-Caliph: A Study in Islamic Heresy
by Peter Lamborn Wilson
A proposal for reviving ancient mystical heresy derived from Ibn 'Arabi and the Ismaili Assassins.
The Solitary Quest
by Dixie Tracy-Kinney
A look at the fascinating history of hermits in the West.
- Two Non-Dualist Plays. Part 1: Simon Magus and the Gnostics by Milton Ward
- Female Fault and Fulfillment in Gnosticism by Jorunn Jacobsen Buckley
- Gurdjieff in the Light of Tradition by Whitall N. Perry
- The Noble Traveler: The Life and Writings of O.V.de L. Miloszedited and selected by Christopher Bamford
- Secret of Secrets: Unwritten Mysteries of Esoteric Qabbalah by Michael-Albion Macdonald
- Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft by Raymond Buckland
- The Occult Roots of Nazism by Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke
- Sufi Vision and Initiation: Meetings with Remarkable Beings by Samuel L. Lewis, edited by Neil Douglas-Klotz
- Hildegard of Bingen's Scivias translated by Bruce Hozeski, forewords by Matthew Fox and Adelgondis Fuhrkotter
- Illuminations of Hildegard of Bingen by Hildegard of Bingen, commentary by Matthew Fox
- Meister Eckhart: Thought and Language by Frank Tobin
- The Meaning of Love by Vladimir Solovyov, translated by Thomas R. Beyer
- Commentary on Plato's Symposium on Love by Marsilio Ficino, translated and introduced by Sears Jayne
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More