New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 04: Heresies and Heretics. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO04, GNO04
"The penetration into the darkness surrounding God - the gulf
between one's self and the All - involves the willingness to
relinquish the comforting certainties of one's religion and risk
heresy, if that is where the path leads."
- Jay Kinney, from Heresies 101
Contents -- Spring-Summer 1987
Letters to the Editor
Forum: "The Feminine in Western Spirituality"
Our readers and contributors open a new topic for discussion.
Introduction: Heresies and Heretics
by Jay Kinney
by Jay Kinney
Why a little heresy may be good for your soul.
A Personal Top Ten Heretics List
by David Fideler
A Necessary Heresy: Jung's Gnosticism and Contemporary Gnosis
by June Singer
Encountering gnosticism in history and in the present.
The GNOSIS Interview: J. Gordon Melton
by Jay Kinney
The noted scholar of contemporary religious sects and cults shares his thoughts on theology, heresy, and his own life.
The Spiritual Dance
by A Traveling Jewish Theatre
Ram Dass, Jack Kornfield, Deena Metzger, and Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, in dialogue about Jewish spiritual roots and tasks, and their individual paths.
The Legend of the Cathars
by Judith Mann
An introduction to the medieval heretics of southern France who incurred the wrath of the Inquisition.
The Anti-Caliph: A Study in Islamic Heresy
by Peter Lamborn Wilson
A proposal for reviving ancient mystical heresy derived from Ibn 'Arabi and the Ismaili Assassins.
The Solitary Quest
by Dixie Tracy-Kinney
A look at the fascinating history of hermits in the West.
- Two Non-Dualist Plays. Part 1: Simon Magus and the Gnostics by Milton Ward
- Female Fault and Fulfillment in Gnosticism by Jorunn Jacobsen Buckley
- Gurdjieff in the Light of Tradition by Whitall N. Perry
- The Noble Traveler: The Life and Writings of O.V.de L. Miloszedited and selected by Christopher Bamford
- Secret of Secrets: Unwritten Mysteries of Esoteric Qabbalah by Michael-Albion Macdonald
- Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft by Raymond Buckland
- The Occult Roots of Nazism by Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke
- Sufi Vision and Initiation: Meetings with Remarkable Beings by Samuel L. Lewis, edited by Neil Douglas-Klotz
- Hildegard of Bingen's Scivias translated by Bruce Hozeski, forewords by Matthew Fox and Adelgondis Fuhrkotter
- Illuminations of Hildegard of Bingen by Hildegard of Bingen, commentary by Matthew Fox
- Meister Eckhart: Thought and Language by Frank Tobin
- The Meaning of Love by Vladimir Solovyov, translated by Thomas R. Beyer
- Commentary on Plato's Symposium on Love by Marsilio Ficino, translated and introduced by Sears Jayne
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...