New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Abraxas, No. 2, Summer Solstice 2011. International Journal of Esoteric Studies. (New)
by Ansell, Robert
Publisher: Fulgur Limited
Binding: Paperback with CD
Book ID: ABRAXAS2, ABRAXAS2
Please inquire for availability
Substantially larger than the previous issue, Abraxas 2 offers over 210 pages of essays, poetry, interviews and art, much of it published for the first time. Uniquely produced in a large high quality format, printed on a variety of papers, richly illustrated in colour and monochrome, and offering our first free audio supplement, we hope this issue of Abraxas will provoke and inspire.
Contributions for this second issue include:
An Ira Cohen Special Feature
- The Ritual Theatre of Hallucination -- Allan Graubard
- The Far Side of the World’s Mirror -- Ian MacFadyen
- Remembering Ira -- Edwin Pouncey
- Brion Gysin: Shaman of the Beat Hotel -- Jon Crabb
- Peter Redgrove: Blood and Dreams -- Edward Gauntlett
- Finding the Long-Lost Friend -- Dan Harms
- The White Goddess, A Personal Account -- Grevel Lindop
- Fossil Angels -- Alan Moore
- Pashupati: A Cainite Trimurti? -- Shani Oates
- Urban Sigils -- Mark Titchner
- Lost Words -- Ira Cohen
- The Habit of Perfection -- Ithell Colquhoun
- On the Always Wandering Way -- Christopher Greenchild
- Sorceress in Mauve -- Peter Redgrove
- Invocation of the Horned God -- Doreen Valiente
- Knowledge -- T. Thorn Coyle
- To Raise the Dead and enjoy Congress with them -- Peter Dube
- She’s Lost Control -- Heather Tracy
- and more…
Art and Photography
- Adan y Eva -- Marcelo Bordese
- Five Studies -- Lauren Simonutti
- Astral Flight -- Talon Abraxas
- Elucidarium -- Misior
- and more…
- IO:EVOE The Transvocatory Media of Barry Hale -- An interview by Robert Fitzgerald
- Portrait of a Magical Maker: An Interview with Joe Max -- Amy Hale
- Endless Shifting: A Feast of Images Swallowed by Sound -- An interview with Adi Newton by Jack Sargeant
- The Metamorphic Self -- Robert Ansell talks with Cristina Francov
Music -- tesserae, an audio supplement CD compiled by Gavin Semple, featuring material from:
* Denotes an exclusive release.
- Arktau Eos -- Aot-Ro-Oot*
- John Contreras -- Over the Treetops*
- Cyclobe -- The Unknowable Index (Extract from Sleeper)
- English Heretic -- 240 Hours*
- High Mountain Tempel -- The Goddess (Slight Return)
- Kallee -- BesMass
- Philip Legard -- Bet Sant yn Diuant abet Allawr
- Noko: Order 41 -- The Fascinator (Abraxas Mix)*
- Okok Research Bureau -- The Sinister Pearl
- Orryelle Defenestrate-Bascule ft. Orchestra-ted Chaos -- She Shall Ride He
- The Psychogeographical Commission -- Gutterbright to the Starres
- Raagnagrok -- Quince Essence*
- TAGC -- The Inhabitants of Nemirion
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...