New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gurdjieff: Eight Key Evocations (Out of Print)
by Russell, Barbara Ann (ed)
Book ID: A9051, A9051
Triadbooks, Sedona, AZ 2007. isbn 1424335760. 71 pp. Near Fine.
Eight selections on Gurdjieff compiled by Barbara Ann Russell.
- The Man in Question by James Moore. A distinct cameo and confirmation that "the Gurdjieff enigma is here to stay."
- Gurdjieff, the Unknown Man by Kenneth Walker, M.D. Dr. Walker's vivid account of his meetings with Ouspensky and first visits to Gurdjieff' Paris apartment in the late 1940's, is distinguished by his keenly trained powers of observation.
- The Old Man and His Movements by Pierre Schaeffer. Pierre Schaeffer (1910-1995) was a man of varied and outstanding accomplishments -- an engineer, theorist, researcher, telecommunications pioneer, critic, essayist, musician and composer who developed Concrete Music. His impressions of Gurdjieff offer an exceptional convergence of heartfelt experience and literary merit.
- The Struggle to "Fathom the Gist" of Beelzebub's Tales by Terry W. Owens. In the 1960's, Felix Morrow, the publisher of University Books asked T.W. Owens to write an essay on Gurdjieff's All and Everything for their Mystic Arts Book Club newsletter. Writing again, some thirty years later, Owensfocuses on her continuing struggle to fathom Gurdjieff's book.
- Meetings with Remarkable Men: A Conversation about the Book with Lord John Pentland, Professor Roy Finch of Sarah Lawrence College, and Lawrence Morris.
- The Disenchantment of the Dragon by Martha Heyneman. A penetrating essay that links the symbolic structures of the Arthurian legend cycle, mythic elements underlying Beelzebub's Tales and wisdom that transforms rather than slays the Dragon.
- Writings about Gurdjieff: A Selective Booklist 1921-2006 by J. Walter Driscoll. An Introduction and English-Language Bibliography, with notes on his music and movements, and a selective reading list.
- Essentials - Aphorisms and Observations by A.R. Orage. Drawn from a wide variety of sources, this selection of fragments introduces Orage's vision of the potential for conscious development of being. In places, Orage's formulation of ideas, cosmology, and teaching employs Gurdjieff's terminology and expressions.
70 pages, oversized.
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.