New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Albert Pike's String of Pearls (Out of Print)
by Watkins, Larissa (ed)
Publisher: Scottish Rite Research Center
Book ID: A8940, A8940
- Compiled and arranged by Larissa P. Watkins, Assistant to the Librarian at the House of the Temple.
- Edited by Arturo de Hoyos, 33, KYCH, Grand Archivist and Grand Historian of the Supreme Council, 33, S.J. with bibliography
- This little volume is a Day Book which fulfills Albert Pike`s wish to have a Calendar of Masonic Worthies, highlighting a famous Freemason born on each day of the year.
- It includes three hundred sixty five quotations carefully selected from more than twenty separate books and lectures written by Albert Pike, 7th Grand Commander of the Supreme Council, S.J.
- The passages will appeal to all admirers of Pike`s wit and wisdom, and especially to Brothers who would like to acquaint themselves with the broadest spectrum of Pike`s philosophy and teaching.
- The book includes one of the most well-known Albert Pike`s poem "Every Year," and illustrations of some artifacts from his museum.
- Perfectly sized for a pocket or briefcase, it makes the ideal Stocking Stuffer for starting 2009, which is the bicentennial year of Pike`s birth.
The Accidental Shaman: Journeys with Plant Teachers and Other Spirit Allies
Charing, Howard G
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
After surviving a serious elevator crash in London, Howard G. Charing found he had developed healing touch as well as the ability to hear voices and experience visions--just as a healer in Italy had predicted only a week before the accident. He began using his abilities to heal but felt he needed more guidance and training. He first connected with a national spiritual healing organization, only to be told he was doing everything wrong. Then, through a friend, he discovered shamanism.
W.W. Norton & Co. Inc.
Neil Gaiman has long been inspired by ancient mythology in creating the fantastical realms of his fiction. Now he turns his attention back to the source, presenting a bravura rendition of the great northern tales.
In Norse Mythology, Gaiman stays true to the myths in envisioning the major Norse pantheon: Odin, the highest of the high, wise, daring, and cunning; Thor, Odin's son, incredibly strong yet not the wisest of gods; and Loki--son of a giant--blood brother to Odin and a trick...
The Voynich Manuscript
Yale University Press
Many call the fifteenth-century codex, commonly known as the Voynich Manuscript, the world s most mysterious book. Written in an unknown script by an unknown author, the manuscript has no clearer purpose now than when it was rediscovered in 1912 by rare books dealer Wilfrid Voynich. The manuscript appears and disappears throughout history, from the library of the Holy Roman Emperor Rudolf II to a secret sale of books in 1903 by the Society of Jesus in Rome. The book s language has eluded deciphe...More
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...