New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Ecpyrosis: The Best of Starfire, Volume One. (New)
by Staley, Michael (ed)
Book ID: 9781906073060, 1906073066
Please inquire for availability
Paperback, full-colour cover, sewn binding, large format, 304 pages, 2 colour plates.
Ecpyrosis is an alluring, informative and voluminous publication consisting of sixteen articles drawn from the first five issues of Starfire, together with the best of the artwork. Also included are two new colour plates: a frontispiece consisting of detail from the cover artwork by Kyle Fite, and an endispiece of the covers of the constituent issues of Starfire. Printed on a substantial coated paper in order to take the heavy blacks in much of the artwork, Ecpyrosis is a heavyweight volume is every sense of the word.
The first issue of Starfire was published in 1986, and the fifth issue appeared in 1994. These years encompass Volume One, the constituent issues of which have long been out of print and appear but rarely on the second-hand market. This selection of articles and artwork from these first five issues is newly typeset, the articles have been lightly edited where necessary, and the artwork has wherever possible been freshly scanned and cleaned to give sharper and clearer reproduction. The result is an enthralling and substantial collection of articles and artwork that embody the best of Starfire. The cover reproduced here to the left incorporates beautiful artwork by Kyle Fite.
The articles included in Ecpyrosis are drawn from the original issues as follows:
From the first issue (1986):
- Great Dismal by Linda Falorio - a short story of the evocation of a creature from the chthonic depths of Great Dismal Swamp;
- Going Beyond by Michael Staley - an essay on non-duality;
- The Stele of Revealing and the Abomination of Desolation by Stephen Dziklewicz - an essay considering the gematria and other aspects arising from these twin terms of The Book of the Law.
From the second issue (1987):
- Cults of Cthulhu by Peter Smith - an essay on H. P. Lovecraft and the Cthulhu Gnosis;
- The Hiss of the Serpent by Stephen Dziklewicz - considerations of the serpent and related imagery in The Book of the Law.
From the third issue (1989):
- A Statement on Lam - setting out some techniques to facilitate contact with Lam;
- The Heart of Thelema by Michael Staley - considerations of Thelema;
- Disciple of Dagon by Peter Smith - a study of Clark Ashton Smith;
- The Babalon Working consists of two parts: Beloved of Babalon by Michael Staley - a study of Jack Parsons; and The Book of Babalon by Jack Parsons - his detailed account of the Babalon Workng which he performed with Marjorie Cameron and L. Ron Hubbard.
From the fourth issue (1992):
- Meditations on Liber AL by Lindsey Calvert - considerations of The Book of the Law;
- Ciphers in Flesh by Mouse - on poetry as inspired text;
- The Vision and the Voice by Michael Staley - an introductory essay on Crowley's 1909 Working.
And finally, from the fifth issue (1994):
- Zos: The New Flesh of Desire by Gavin Semple - an examination of the sorcery of Austin Osman Spare;
- Lam: The Gateway by Michael Staley - an essay on Lam;
- Wisdom for the New Flesh by Andrew Chumbley - some considerations of a modern sorcery;
- Supping at the Angel & Feathers by Michael Staley - an essay on the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel.
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More