New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
The Faerie Queens - A Collection of Essays Exploring the Myths, Magic and Mythology of the Faerie (New)
by d'Este, Sorita (ed)
Book ID: 9781905297641, 1905297645
Usually available in 3-5 days
Exploring the tales of many of the mysterious and captivating Faerie Queens, this exceptional anthology contains eighteen essays exploring the diverse accounts and themes associated with the Faerie Queens and their influence in magic, literature and folklore. From the Arthurian mythos to Scandinavia, from ancient Greece to Renaissance poetry and beyond, the awesome power of the Faerie Queens to inspire, challenge and transform is investigated and discussed from both scholarly and personal perspectives.
Powerful, mysterious, otherworldly, the Faerie Queens have spread their magic across Europe for many centuries, enchanting all who encounter them. From forests and lakes, mounds and mountains, the Faerie Queens emerge from the liminal places to bestow their numerous gifts (and curses) on man. Lover, shapeshifter, sorceress, prophetess, bestower of sovereignty, semi-divine ancestress, protectress of animals, collector of souls - the powers and roles of the Faerie Queens are as diverse as the folklore about them, their origins rooted deep in the legends, goddesses and beings of the ancient world.
- TO SEE A GARLANDED LADY by Sorita d'Este & David Rankine
- DIGGING DEEPER: FAERY QUEENS, DEATH AND THE SOUL by Emily Carding
- SPIRITS AT THE TABLE: FAERIE QUEENS IN THE GRIMOIRES by Dan Harms
- WRITING FAERY: A TALE OF VIVIANE by Jack Wolf
- MAIDS OF ICE AND MEADOWS by Cliff Seruntine
- TRANSATLANTIC FAIRY QUEEN: HELEN ADAM by Katie Stewart
- MELUSINE: ENDURING SERPENTINE QUEEN by David Rankine
- HOLDA: WINTER'S FAERIE QUEEN by Ceri Norman
- THE SKOGSRA: QUEEN OF THE WILD WOODS OF SWEDEN by Helena Lundvik
- DIANA'S MOON RAYS by Sorita d'Este
- THE VALKYRIES: NORSE FAIRIE QUEENS? by Valerie Karlson
- MORVEREN: THE SEA QUEEN by Dorothy Abrams
- THE TRANSFORMING ILLUSION OF MORGAN LE FAY by Frances Billinghurst
- NIMUE: AMBIGUOUS ENCHANTRESS by Aili Mirage
- CLIODHNA: FAERIE QUEEN AND POTENT BANSHEE by Pamela Norrie
- RHIANNON: FAERIE QUEEN, MORTAL THRONE, DIVINE EQUINE by Halo Quin
- AINE: CELTIC FAERIE QUEEN OF THE SUMMER SOLSTICE by Joanna Rowan Mullane
- WHOSE QUEEN? by Thea Faye
- QUEEN OF THE UNDERWORLD AND THE FRUIT OF KNOWLEDGE by Felicity Fyr le Fay
- AN A-Z OF EUROPEAN FAERIE QUEENS CONJURATIONS FROM THE GRIMOIRES by David Rankine
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...