New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
The Faerie Queens - A Collection of Essays Exploring the Myths, Magic and Mythology of the Faerie (New)
by d'Este, Sorita (ed)
Book ID: 9781905297641, 1905297645
Usually available in 3-5 days
Exploring the tales of many of the mysterious and captivating Faerie Queens, this exceptional anthology contains eighteen essays exploring the diverse accounts and themes associated with the Faerie Queens and their influence in magic, literature and folklore. From the Arthurian mythos to Scandinavia, from ancient Greece to Renaissance poetry and beyond, the awesome power of the Faerie Queens to inspire, challenge and transform is investigated and discussed from both scholarly and personal perspectives.
Powerful, mysterious, otherworldly, the Faerie Queens have spread their magic across Europe for many centuries, enchanting all who encounter them. From forests and lakes, mounds and mountains, the Faerie Queens emerge from the liminal places to bestow their numerous gifts (and curses) on man. Lover, shapeshifter, sorceress, prophetess, bestower of sovereignty, semi-divine ancestress, protectress of animals, collector of souls - the powers and roles of the Faerie Queens are as diverse as the folklore about them, their origins rooted deep in the legends, goddesses and beings of the ancient world.
- TO SEE A GARLANDED LADY by Sorita d'Este & David Rankine
- DIGGING DEEPER: FAERY QUEENS, DEATH AND THE SOUL by Emily Carding
- SPIRITS AT THE TABLE: FAERIE QUEENS IN THE GRIMOIRES by Dan Harms
- WRITING FAERY: A TALE OF VIVIANE by Jack Wolf
- MAIDS OF ICE AND MEADOWS by Cliff Seruntine
- TRANSATLANTIC FAIRY QUEEN: HELEN ADAM by Katie Stewart
- MELUSINE: ENDURING SERPENTINE QUEEN by David Rankine
- HOLDA: WINTER'S FAERIE QUEEN by Ceri Norman
- THE SKOGSRA: QUEEN OF THE WILD WOODS OF SWEDEN by Helena Lundvik
- DIANA'S MOON RAYS by Sorita d'Este
- THE VALKYRIES: NORSE FAIRIE QUEENS? by Valerie Karlson
- MORVEREN: THE SEA QUEEN by Dorothy Abrams
- THE TRANSFORMING ILLUSION OF MORGAN LE FAY by Frances Billinghurst
- NIMUE: AMBIGUOUS ENCHANTRESS by Aili Mirage
- CLIODHNA: FAERIE QUEEN AND POTENT BANSHEE by Pamela Norrie
- RHIANNON: FAERIE QUEEN, MORTAL THRONE, DIVINE EQUINE by Halo Quin
- AINE: CELTIC FAERIE QUEEN OF THE SUMMER SOLSTICE by Joanna Rowan Mullane
- WHOSE QUEEN? by Thea Faye
- QUEEN OF THE UNDERWORLD AND THE FRUIT OF KNOWLEDGE by Felicity Fyr le Fay
- AN A-Z OF EUROPEAN FAERIE QUEENS CONJURATIONS FROM THE GRIMOIRES by David Rankine
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...