New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
The Faerie Queens - A Collection of Essays Exploring the Myths, Magic and Mythology of the Faerie (New)
by d'Este, Sorita (ed)
Book ID: 9781905297641, 1905297645
Usually available in 3-5 days
Exploring the tales of many of the mysterious and captivating Faerie Queens, this exceptional anthology contains eighteen essays exploring the diverse accounts and themes associated with the Faerie Queens and their influence in magic, literature and folklore. From the Arthurian mythos to Scandinavia, from ancient Greece to Renaissance poetry and beyond, the awesome power of the Faerie Queens to inspire, challenge and transform is investigated and discussed from both scholarly and personal perspectives.
Powerful, mysterious, otherworldly, the Faerie Queens have spread their magic across Europe for many centuries, enchanting all who encounter them. From forests and lakes, mounds and mountains, the Faerie Queens emerge from the liminal places to bestow their numerous gifts (and curses) on man. Lover, shapeshifter, sorceress, prophetess, bestower of sovereignty, semi-divine ancestress, protectress of animals, collector of souls - the powers and roles of the Faerie Queens are as diverse as the folklore about them, their origins rooted deep in the legends, goddesses and beings of the ancient world.
- TO SEE A GARLANDED LADY by Sorita d'Este & David Rankine
- DIGGING DEEPER: FAERY QUEENS, DEATH AND THE SOUL by Emily Carding
- SPIRITS AT THE TABLE: FAERIE QUEENS IN THE GRIMOIRES by Dan Harms
- WRITING FAERY: A TALE OF VIVIANE by Jack Wolf
- MAIDS OF ICE AND MEADOWS by Cliff Seruntine
- TRANSATLANTIC FAIRY QUEEN: HELEN ADAM by Katie Stewart
- MELUSINE: ENDURING SERPENTINE QUEEN by David Rankine
- HOLDA: WINTER'S FAERIE QUEEN by Ceri Norman
- THE SKOGSRA: QUEEN OF THE WILD WOODS OF SWEDEN by Helena Lundvik
- DIANA'S MOON RAYS by Sorita d'Este
- THE VALKYRIES: NORSE FAIRIE QUEENS? by Valerie Karlson
- MORVEREN: THE SEA QUEEN by Dorothy Abrams
- THE TRANSFORMING ILLUSION OF MORGAN LE FAY by Frances Billinghurst
- NIMUE: AMBIGUOUS ENCHANTRESS by Aili Mirage
- CLIODHNA: FAERIE QUEEN AND POTENT BANSHEE by Pamela Norrie
- RHIANNON: FAERIE QUEEN, MORTAL THRONE, DIVINE EQUINE by Halo Quin
- AINE: CELTIC FAERIE QUEEN OF THE SUMMER SOLSTICE by Joanna Rowan Mullane
- WHOSE QUEEN? by Thea Faye
- QUEEN OF THE UNDERWORLD AND THE FRUIT OF KNOWLEDGE by Felicity Fyr le Fay
- AN A-Z OF EUROPEAN FAERIE QUEENS CONJURATIONS FROM THE GRIMOIRES by David Rankine
The Voynich Manuscript
Yale University Press
Many call the fifteenth-century codex, commonly known as the Voynich Manuscript, the world s most mysterious book. Written in an unknown script by an unknown author, the manuscript has no clearer purpose now than when it was rediscovered in 1912 by rare books dealer Wilfrid Voynich. The manuscript appears and disappears throughout history, from the library of the Holy Roman Emperor Rudolf II to a secret sale of books in 1903 by the Society of Jesus in Rome. The book s language has eluded deciphe...More
The Accidental Shaman: Journeys with Plant Teachers and Other Spirit Allies
Charing, Howard G
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
After surviving a serious elevator crash in London, Howard G. Charing found he had developed healing touch as well as the ability to hear voices and experience visions--just as a healer in Italy had predicted only a week before the accident. He began using his abilities to heal but felt he needed more guidance and training. He first connected with a national spiritual healing organization, only to be told he was doing everything wrong. Then, through a friend, he discovered shamanism.
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...