New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Memento Mori: Collection of Magickal & Mythological Perspectives on Death, Dying, Mortality & Beyond (New)
by Huggens, Kim (ed)
Book ID: 9781905297146, 1905297149
Memento Mori is a unique feast of offerings exploring a variety of magical and mythological perspectives on death, dying, mortality and beyond. With contributions from sixteen international writers, this collection gathered together by Kim Huggens, offers a great diversity of both historical and contemporary perspectives. It includes experiential accounts and scholarly research for readers interested in magick, paganism, mysticism and mythology. The influence that the dead and ancestors have on religion, magic and everyday life is reflected and honoured in prayers, poems, songs and art and is explored in the the essays in this unique book.
NASCENTES MORIMUR: TO BE BORN IS TO DIE
- Communicating with the Blessed Dead by Tina Georgitsis
- Eating with the Dead: Funeral Meal Practices by Tylluan Penry
- Cultivating the Dead: the Path of Lilies and Water by Chad Barber
- Don't Fear the Reaper: the Evolution of the Death card in Tarot by Emily Carding
- Behind the Glasses of Ghuedhe: Life in Death and Love in Both by Kyle Fite
- The Death of Baphomet by Julian Vayne
- Papa Gede, Petit Gede: Spirits of Death in Haitian Vodou by Sophia Fisher
- The Truth about Zombies, or How to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse by Kim Huggens
- Traditional Craft and the Cult of the Dead by Michael Howard
- The Setian Way of Death by Mogg Morgan
- Demeter's Wrath: How the Eleusinian Mysteries Attempted to Cheat Death by Caroline Tully
- Dogs and Death - Guardians, Omens and Psychopomps by Ivy Kerrigan
- Tomb-Cults, Caves, Stars and Blessed Isles: Heroic Interactions with the Otherworld and Life after Death by Karen F. Pierce
- 'Now I am Harvested and I Die' the Theatre of Sacrifice in The Book of the Provider by Peg Aloi
- Ascending to the Imperishable: Star Lore and Death in Ancient Egypt by Dave Moore
- Ars Moriendi by Humberto Maggi
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...