New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Memento Mori: Collection of Magickal & Mythological Perspectives on Death, Dying, Mortality & Beyond (New)
by Huggens, Kim (ed)
Book ID: 9781905297146, 1905297149
Memento Mori is a unique feast of offerings exploring a variety of magical and mythological perspectives on death, dying, mortality and beyond. With contributions from sixteen international writers, this collection gathered together by Kim Huggens, offers a great diversity of both historical and contemporary perspectives. It includes experiential accounts and scholarly research for readers interested in magick, paganism, mysticism and mythology. The influence that the dead and ancestors have on religion, magic and everyday life is reflected and honoured in prayers, poems, songs and art and is explored in the the essays in this unique book.
NASCENTES MORIMUR: TO BE BORN IS TO DIE
- Communicating with the Blessed Dead by Tina Georgitsis
- Eating with the Dead: Funeral Meal Practices by Tylluan Penry
- Cultivating the Dead: the Path of Lilies and Water by Chad Barber
- Don't Fear the Reaper: the Evolution of the Death card in Tarot by Emily Carding
- Behind the Glasses of Ghuedhe: Life in Death and Love in Both by Kyle Fite
- The Death of Baphomet by Julian Vayne
- Papa Gede, Petit Gede: Spirits of Death in Haitian Vodou by Sophia Fisher
- The Truth about Zombies, or How to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse by Kim Huggens
- Traditional Craft and the Cult of the Dead by Michael Howard
- The Setian Way of Death by Mogg Morgan
- Demeter's Wrath: How the Eleusinian Mysteries Attempted to Cheat Death by Caroline Tully
- Dogs and Death - Guardians, Omens and Psychopomps by Ivy Kerrigan
- Tomb-Cults, Caves, Stars and Blessed Isles: Heroic Interactions with the Otherworld and Life after Death by Karen F. Pierce
- 'Now I am Harvested and I Die' the Theatre of Sacrifice in The Book of the Provider by Peg Aloi
- Ascending to the Imperishable: Star Lore and Death in Ancient Egypt by Dave Moore
- Ars Moriendi by Humberto Maggi
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More