New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Ayurvedic Medicine: The Principles of Traditional Practice (New)
by Pole, Sebastian
Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Book ID: 9781848191136, 1848191138
Usually available in 1-2 weeks
Ayurvedic Medicine brings the unique theories and traditions of Ayurveda alive so that they are accessible to the complementary health practitioner of today. This book offers a clear, accessible and yet detailed guide to Ayurvedic herbalism. It encompasses a brief history of the growth of Ayurveda , a discussion of its fundamental principles, treatment strategies as well as the energetic approach of traditional Ayurvedic herbal pharmacy and pharmacology. It also emphasizes the importance of using sustainably harvested herbs in clinical practice. The introductory "theoretical" chapters complement the core of the book that includes over 100 plant profiles of Ayurvedic herbs and 50 traditional formulas.
- The herbal material medica of Ayurveda is discussed, along with traditional ayurvedic energetics, in way that is accessible to the western complementary practitioner.
- Uniquely styled plant profiles include information on over 100 herbs and 25 formulas.
- The Ayurvedic theory of clinical treatment is clearly presented, as well as its application.
- Material represents a blend of traditional medicine with modern research, combining pure Ayurveda with modern phytotherapy and bio-medicine.
- Coverage of each plant includes details on growing habitat and special characteristics.
- Practical step-by-step instructions explain how to prepare herbal medicines in the unique Ayurvedic style - oils, creams, ghees, jams, etc.
- Photos are provided of both the freshly growing herbs and dried samples.
- Authored by an experienced Medical Herbalist, Ayurvedic practitioner, and passionate herb grower well-versed in the classical Ayurvedic texts and contemporary writings.
The Voynich Manuscript
Yale University Press
Many call the fifteenth-century codex, commonly known as the Voynich Manuscript, the world s most mysterious book. Written in an unknown script by an unknown author, the manuscript has no clearer purpose now than when it was rediscovered in 1912 by rare books dealer Wilfrid Voynich. The manuscript appears and disappears throughout history, from the library of the Holy Roman Emperor Rudolf II to a secret sale of books in 1903 by the Society of Jesus in Rome. The book s language has eluded deciphe...More
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
The Accidental Shaman: Journeys with Plant Teachers and Other Spirit Allies
Charing, Howard G
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
After surviving a serious elevator crash in London, Howard G. Charing found he had developed healing touch as well as the ability to hear voices and experience visions--just as a healer in Italy had predicted only a week before the accident. He began using his abilities to heal but felt he needed more guidance and training. He first connected with a national spiritual healing organization, only to be told he was doing everything wrong. Then, through a friend, he discovered shamanism.