New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Hoodoo and Conjure New Orleans 2014 (New)
by Alvarado, Denise
Book ID: 9781495431647, 1495431649
Usually available in 3-5 days
This magazine journal is an 8 X 10 special edition, full color bleed, of the highest quality and bound like a book. A true collector's item and must have for any student of conjure and lover of New Orleans and Southern folk magic traditions.
This issue highlights recent events in the world of New Orleans Voudou and includes more Louisiana contributors and talented writers in the wide world of Hoodoo and Conjure.
In this issue:
- The Pink Tomb of Marie Laveaux: Devotion or Desecration? by Denise Alvarado
- Bearing Witness to Fate: Ifa Reading for 2014 by Baba Eli
- American Horror Story Coven: Will the Real Papa Legba Please Stand Up? by Denise Alvarado
- Getting a Jump on Successful New Year by Dorothy Morrison
- In the Shadow of the Crossroads by Alyne Pustanio
- Louisiana Woman, Carolina Man by Carolina Dean
- Walking on the Vows of an Ifa Rootworker by Doc Oloyade Hava
- The Noninitiates Guide to Palo by Madrina Angelique
- Following Tituba by Witchdoctor Utu
- New Orleans Practitioner Profile: The Divine Prince Ty Emmecca by Denise Alvarado
- Brown Bottle Spell by Magick LaCroix
- Easy Low Cost Money Spells by Carolina Dean
- Getting that Swing: How to Use a Pendulum by Carolina Dean
- Talking to the Ancestors with Bare Bones by Melony Malsom
- A Guide to Candle Shapes and Figures by Celeste Heldstab
- Blockbuster Magick by Khi Armand
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991