New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Some Aspects of Maori Myth and Religion (New)
by Best, Elsdon
Book ID: 9781172657018, 1172657017
Usually available in 3-5 days
Nabu Press. Comprised of reprints of seven consecutive numbers of the Dominion Museum Monograph series.
- No. 1: Some Aspects of Maori Myth and Religion (1922), by Elsdon Best. 34 pages
- No. 2: Spiritual and Mental Concepts of the Maori (1922), by Elsdon Best. 43 pages
- No. 3: The Astronomical Knowledge of the Maori, Genuine and Empirical: Including Data concerning their Systems of Astrogeny, Astrolatry, and Natural Astrology, with Notes on Certain Natural Phenomena (1922), by Elsdon Best. 66 pages
- No. 4: The Maori Division of Time (1922), by Elsdon Best. 45 pages
- No. 5: Polynesian Voyagers: The Maori as a Deep-sea Navigator, Explorer, and Colonizer (1923), by Elsdon Best. 54 pages
- No. 6: The Whare Wanaga, or Maori School of Learning: Its Objects, Methods, and Ceremonial (1923), by Elsdon Best. 29 pages
- No. 7: A Bibliography of Printed Maori to 1900 (1924), by Herbert W Williams. xvi+198 pages
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...
The Voynich Manuscript
Yale University Press
Many call the fifteenth-century codex, commonly known as the Voynich Manuscript, the world s most mysterious book. Written in an unknown script by an unknown author, the manuscript has no clearer purpose now than when it was rediscovered in 1912 by rare books dealer Wilfrid Voynich. The manuscript appears and disappears throughout history, from the library of the Holy Roman Emperor Rudolf II to a secret sale of books in 1903 by the Society of Jesus in Rome. The book s language has eluded deciphe...More
The Accidental Shaman: Journeys with Plant Teachers and Other Spirit Allies
Charing, Howard G
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
After surviving a serious elevator crash in London, Howard G. Charing found he had developed healing touch as well as the ability to hear voices and experience visions--just as a healer in Italy had predicted only a week before the accident. He began using his abilities to heal but felt he needed more guidance and training. He first connected with a national spiritual healing organization, only to be told he was doing everything wrong. Then, through a friend, he discovered shamanism.