New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Chronology of the Astrology of the Middle East and West by Period (Used)
by Hand, Robert
Publisher: ARHAT (Robert Hand)
Book ID: 9780966226652, 0966226658
The newly revised and expanded version of the Chronology is a compilation in outline form of the major events in the history of astrology along with the major events of the history of the time. The sections covered are as follows:
- I. Early Period -- From the early roots in Mesopotamia up to the development of Horoscopic astrology.
- II. Early Greek Period -- The Pre-Socratics through Aristotle.
- III. Hellenistic Period -- The founding period of horoscopic astrology in Egypt up until the Roman Period.
- IV. The Roman Era -- The high point of Greek language astrology up until the fall of the Western Empire.
- V. The Byzantine Period -- Greek language astrology after the fall of the Western Empire in Byzantium.
- VI. The Classical Period in the Middle East -- The rise and fall of the various empires in the Middle East up until the advent of Islam.
- VII. The Arabic Era -- The high point of Arabic language astrology in which Western astrology assumed something like its current form.
- VIII. The Latin Period -- The period of the transmission of astrology from the Arabic world to the Latin West.
- IX. Renaissance -- The high point of astrology in the Latin West and the beginning of efforts to reform and remodel astrology.
- X. The English Period and the Decline -- The period of Lilly and Placidus in which astrology reached a peak in the English world and began the decline from being a generally recognized discipline
In addition there has been added a revised version of my essay on the origins of astrology in ancient times now entitled "On the Roots of Horoscopic Astrology." This essay clarifies a number of murky areas in the early history of astrology such as where astrology originated and what is the relationship between Western and Eastern astrology.
38 Pages Paper
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...