New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Masha'allah: On Reception (Used)
by Hand, Robert
Publisher: ARHAT (Robert Hand)
Book ID: 9780966226621, 0966226623
This is one of the earliest texts that we have of horary astrology. Not only that but it has fully worked out examples. For all students of traditional horary, this is a must especially since it challenges basic principles commonly found in later works.
Summary of content:
98 Pages: Perfect-bound Paper
- Introduction by the Translator: Introduces the book and some of the more important methods by which Masha'allah analyzes a question.
- Introduction: Here begins the Book of Masha'allah On Reception. The section briefly sets forth the objectives of the book.
- Chapter I: What is Reception? This chapter defines reception which is the cornerstone of the method of this book.
- Chapter II: Concerning Whether a Matter about Which One Has Hopes Will Be Accomplished or Not. This chapter describes Masha'allah teachings concerning perfection, what accomplishement and what does not. The method of relaying disposition by means of successive applications is introduced as well as a method for determining which better indicates the querent, the ruler of the Ascendant, or the Moon.
- Chapter III: Concerning Whether One Who Is Ill Will Be Delivered or Will Die. This is the first of two case studies on someone suffering from an illness. A complete description of how Masha'allah deals with such a question. This is the first of six of completely worked out chart examples, one of the features of this book which makes it so valuable for students of traditional horary methods.
- Chapter IV: A Question Concerning an Ill Person. This is a second case study on illness. This case study has been placed on this website in full: Chapter from Masha'allah on Horary
- Chapter V: Concerning Substance. This chapter deals with questions concerning getting substance (i.e., money or other forms of wealth) at some future time regardless of the source.
- Chapter VI: Concerning Money Which Has Been Lent. The subject of the chapter should be self-evident!
- Chapter VII: An Interrogation Concerning Things Left by a Certain Dead Person. This is another case study which concerns inheritance.
- Chapter VIII: Concerning Kingship, Whether It Will Be Acquired. This is a general introduction to the matter of whether or not a querent will obtain a kingship or other high office. Today we might apply the same logic to getting a job or a promotion if such a job or promotion involves a sufficiently high-status position.
- Chapter IX: A Question Concerning Kingship. This is the first of three case studies involving the acquisition of high office.
- Chapter X: A Question Concerning Kingship. This is the second of the three case studies involving the acquisition of high office.
- Chapter XI: Concerning the Discovery of the Hyleg. This chapter comes right in the middle of all the preceding and following horary material. This chapter is straight natal astrology and does not seemingly belong in this text. But it is here and it seems to come from a separate tradition not closely related to the Book of Nativities attributed to the same author.
- Chapter XII: A Question Concerning a Kingship. This is the third and by far most elaborate case study involving high office. This study shows just how much one can squeeze out of a simple chart involving only seven planets.
- Appendix: The Charts of On Reception, Technical Details. This is contributed by your translator. It is a technical analysis in modern language of the most important details pertaining to Masha'allah's methods. The section also investigates questions of house division, zodiac and other technical details. This should be very useful to help those who have a bit of trouble with learning techniques directly from translations.
The Accidental Shaman: Journeys with Plant Teachers and Other Spirit Allies
Charing, Howard G
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
After surviving a serious elevator crash in London, Howard G. Charing found he had developed healing touch as well as the ability to hear voices and experience visions--just as a healer in Italy had predicted only a week before the accident. He began using his abilities to heal but felt he needed more guidance and training. He first connected with a national spiritual healing organization, only to be told he was doing everything wrong. Then, through a friend, he discovered shamanism.
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
The Voynich Manuscript
Yale University Press
Many call the fifteenth-century codex, commonly known as the Voynich Manuscript, the world s most mysterious book. Written in an unknown script by an unknown author, the manuscript has no clearer purpose now than when it was rediscovered in 1912 by rare books dealer Wilfrid Voynich. The manuscript appears and disappears throughout history, from the library of the Holy Roman Emperor Rudolf II to a secret sale of books in 1903 by the Society of Jesus in Rome. The book s language has eluded deciphe...More
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...