New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Millennialism, Persecution and Violence: Historical Cases (New)
by Wessinger, Catherine (ed)
Publisher: Syracuse University Press
Book ID: 9780815605997, 0815605994
Usually available in 3-5 days
Introduction: The Interacting Dynamics of Millennial Beliefs, Persecution, and Violence p. 3
1. Millennialism, Persecution, and Violence: The Mormons p. 43
2. From Vision to Violence: The Wounded Knee Massacre p. 62
3. "Theology Is Life and Death": David Koresh on Violence, Persecution, and the Millennium p. 82
4. Shooting Dreads on Sight: Violence, Persecution, Millennialism, and Dominica's Dread Act p. 101
5. "American as Cherry Pie": Peoples Temple and Violence in America p. 121
6. The Magic of Death: The Suicides of the Solar Temple p. 138
7. Imagined Persecution: Aum Shinrikyo, Millennialism, and the Legitimation of Violence p. 158
8. Millenarian Tragedies in South Africa: The Xhosa Cattle-Killing Movement and the Bulhock Massacre p. 185
9. Apocalypse, Persecution, and Self-Immolation: Mass Suicides among the Old Believers in Late-Seventeenth-Century Russia p. 205
10. Western Millennial Ideology Goes East: The Taiping Revolution and Mao's Great Leap Forward p. 220
11. Nazism as a Millennialist Movement p. 241
12. Japanese Lotus Millennialism: From Militant Nationalism to Contemporary Peace Movements p. 261
13. Time, Authority, and Ethics in the Khmer Rouge: Elements of the Millennial Vision in Year Zero p. 281
14. Real Paranoids Have Real Enemies: The Genesis of the ZOG Discourse in the American National Socialist Subculture p. 299
15. The Justus Freemen Standoff: The Importance of the Analysis of Religion in Avoiding Violent Outcomes p. 323
16. A Brief History of Millennialism and Suggestions for a New Paradigm for Use in Critical Incidents: A Presentation to the Los Angels Police Department p. 347
Afterword: Millennial Violence in Contemporary America p. 352
Bibliography p. 367
Index p. 391
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More